Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Promise of Forever ❯ The Dasturdly Duo...are back ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Before we begin, I would like to say a few words, hmmmm, (1) I do not own CLAMP's wonderful characters or Cardcaptor Sakura, and the rest of it is mine. (2) I would like to introduce my first fan fiction…The Promise of Forever, chapter one…

The Disastardly Duo…are Back

Setting: England; Eriol's mansion; in his study/ reading room.

Eriol was lazing in a dark blue, tall backed chair, reading when…ringggggggg. Ringggggg, of the phones dull tones met his ear.

Darn, just when you get into a good book the phone rings, funny how it NEVER seems to ring when you have time to answer it.

He stuck a bookmark in the almost-finished-chapter-only-a-few-pages-left spot and casually put the book down on the small table next to him. He stretched, yawning, he liked his study room pretty dark and unfortunately it made the atmosphere tiring, with only a few dim lights and candles to provide any light in the room. The fact that shelves of books lined the walls only added to the feel of library like quiet, to this large-sized, dim-lighted, study and reading room.

He glanced to his left and saw one of the maids who had been cleaning silently while he was reading, pick up the phone delicately. And whispering softly, as not to disturb him, ask a polite, " Hiiragizawa residence, may I ask who is calling?"

He stayed still, turning his head in the maid's direction to better hear what she was saying.

"Of course you may speak with him Mrs., one second please." The maid turned to Eriol and in soft tones asked, "Mrs. Daidouji wishes to speak to you Mr. Hiiragizawa, will you take her call?"

Mrs. Daidouji? His forehead wrinkled in thought, where had he heard that name before, it sounded…Japanese…of course! Tomoyo Daidouji!

"Yes, Beth, I would like to take her call."

At this the maid promptly walked over to his chair to hand him the phone.

"Thank you Beth." Was the quiet reply.

"Eriol Hiiragizawa speaking."

"Oh Eriol-kun, it is you!" squealed the delighted Tomoyo. I wondered if I had the right number because it has been so long since you have called me and visa versa.

"Tomoyo-chan, gomen it has been so long, but I have been busy at my private high school. They have been known for the fact that the dump lots of work on their students in junior year."

"I'm sorry Eriol-kun, I will try not to keep you long."

"So what honor do I owe on this unexpected call?" he teased.

"It's about Sakura-chan." She said quietly.

At this Eriol moved up to the edge of his chair.

"What's wrong with Sakura-chan." He said calmly.

"Well," Tomoyo seemed hesitant, "You know how right after Sakura-chan expressed how she felt about Syaoran-kun…"

"Go on." was the calm reply, Tomoyo must be really worried if she didn't comment on how unfair it was she didn't catch that "Kawaii" moment on tape, as she did fifty times to me and Meling after hearing about it from Sakura.

"And Syaoran-kun was so happy…but then he had to leave to go back to Hong Kong for more…uh… training"

"I remember."

"Well, you know Eriol-kun, the reality is…they haven't even seen each other for seven years"

"…" Silence on Eriol's line. He did some rapid thinking. Should he tell Tomoyo? Yelan Li told only his dear descendent why they had to be apart with no contact, and in turn his dear descendent had only told Eriol. Sakura-chan must not find out.

"No contact for seven years is a long time, both for Sakura-chan and Syaoran-kun."

"Why…Eriol-kun…why?"

"My dear descendent told me his mother said she thought they should stay apart until they were both ready."

"Ready for what?" asked Tomoyo a little annoyed.

"Basically…when they can judge if their feelings were true, not just…uh…a…children…best friend thing.

They had to wait until they were older to prove to Yelan and the Clan they truly love each other."

"Oh…" now it was Tomoyo's turn to be silent.

"She said that, that was what the elders had told her, only then could they prove that they loved each other to the whole Li-clan..."


"Tomoyo-chan, Sakura-chan must not learn of this, alright."

"Oh…alright, I won't tell Sakura-chan" … "Well, when will we know when that time is right?"

"Supposedly…" :Eriol seemed to hesitate: "Destiny." He whispered

"Destiny…hmmm, Destiny can be influenced by anything…right?" she said, "Like places, events, and…" Tomoyo added innocently, "people"

Eriol grinned devilishly, he wasn't fooled by her innocent tone, and also continued in a fake, casual voice, "Yes, Tomoyo-chan, even…say…people like you and me, for instance."

He could almost see Tomoyo-chan in her sitting on her comfy pillow on the floor grinning as devilishly as him, that manic glint back in Tomoyo-chan's amethyst eyes.

"Of, course Eroil-kun, people like you and me." … " So…why don't we tangle with destiny a bit, and prod it in the right direction." She hinted. She smile grew wider, all worry gone for the moment, as she said, "What do you say Eroil-kun?"

"I say, me and you are going to have a long phone call, we have a lot of planning to do"

********************************************************************** ****************

DREAM:

Sakura's room setting: Sakura is sitting on her bed smiling, as she looks at two cards the hope card and the love card. She is so happy she has told Syaoran she loves him at last.

Sakura (whispering) and looking at the two cards in her hands: I love you, Syaoran. :and hugs the two cards to her chest, smiling happily, tears filling her eyes.

<Syaoran is standing by the door unnoticed by Sakura>

Syaoran (also whispering) and looks up at Sakura sitting on the bed: I love you too, Sakura.

<Sakura looks up from the cards and sees Syaoran, and runs up to him and hugs him tightly>

<Syaoran blushes and looks down at her>

Syaoran (hesitantly) trying not to look at her: Sakura, I need to talk to you.

<Sakura moves her head to look at his face, trying to read what this means>

Sakura: Ok, let's sit on the floor and talk, if you want to.

<Sakura promptly turns around and goes and sits on the floor>

<Syaoran stays standing where she left him>

Syaoran (grimly) and still not looking at her: Sakura…you know I love you…but…but…but…"

<Sakura looks up at him intently from her spot on the floor looking confused>

Sakura (quietly): but what…Syaoran?

Syaoran (stuttering now): Um…umm…umm…Sakura…umm…umm…

Sakura (staring at him even harder): What…Syaoran?

<Syaoran finally looks up at her…his cheeks wet with tears>

Syaoran (his voice breaking): Sakura…I…

<Sakura starts to stand up to go to Syaoran>

Syaoran: No…Sakura…wait…

<Syaoran motions for Sakura to stop walking towards him.>

Syaoran: I…I…I… have to leave…Sakura…

<Sakura looks at him, puzzled>

Sakura: You mean…leave this room? Why?

<Syaoran looks at her intently>

Syaoran (his voice almost breaking now): No…Sakura…Ja…

…Japan…

<A few min. of stunned silence on Sakura's part, in where Syaoran twisted inside with grief…and great sadness.>

Syaoran: Sakura…I'm sorry.

<Syaoran looked down and sakura saw another small tear fall down his face.>

<Sakura just stared in shock, and stared at Syaoran's face until he looked up again. Then she smiled through her tears.>

Sakura: But…I will see you again Syaoran…right? It doesn't matter how long you are away from me…as long as I can see you again…

<Syaoran looked at her intently, and took one of her hands in his, and with the other started to reach back in his pocket>

…The dream starts to fade away…

*******

At the end of this shared dream,

One boy

One girl

Sat up in the darkness

And wondered why this dream,

was haunting them

*******

Hmmm…I didn't know that poem would turn out so well, yah for me! : ), anyway I was going for mysterious this prologue chapter. Sorry It's kinda short…I just had to get this in as background. You'll have to tell me what comes across & any other things you would like to say! Review if you do! ^-^Thanks, away, Oooooooooooooooo! Eriol & Tomoyo back together…Oooooooooooooooooo, this could get interesting, I bet you they are going to have something good cooked up in store for Sakura & Syaoran. I almost pity them; Eroil & Tomoyo can be really cunning. Wait, I take it back, I do pity them. With the Dastardly Duo back together things could get a little out of the ordinary for Sakura and Syaoran.

Preview for next chapter:

The door to class fly's open and Sakura skids to a halt inside.

Sakura breathes heavily trying to get her breathing back to normal as she scans the room. She then spotted Tomoyo and all the girls in her class huddled in a corner of the room all whispering together.

The boys were all spread out though and casually talking to each other and once or twice sealing looks at the girls with puzzled expressions.

"Wonder what's up?" Sakura thought. Glancing at the group of girls again with the same puzzled expression as the boys.