Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rejected Book ❯ Into Diagon Alley ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors notes: Hey! I'm pretty surprised that once I had uploaded my first chapter, I couldn't wait to start this chapter!! R&R!! Enjoy!!

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS or Harry Potter. Thankyou!

Recap of last chapter

Eriol reached into his pocket and withdrew a parchment envelope almost identical to the one Sakura had received much earlier that morning.

"Did you get one of these Sakura?" Eriol asked.

"Yes." Sakura answered hurriedly throwing a small fleeting look at Li.

"Well, me and my cute little descendant," Li shot a furious look at him, "Got one too."

"Do you know where to get all this stuff Eriol?"

"I'd be pretty pathetic if I didn't. Come on Sakura and my cute little descendant, let's go to Diagon Alley!"

In a flash of blinding light, they left the park.

Chapter 2: Into Diagon Alley

Sakura stood dazed for a little while, rubbing her eyes. When they cleared, she saw Eriol looking closely at a wall. The only thing in the place that they were standing was a couple or trash cans. Eriol got out his staff and tapped the wall in a curious pattern. In a few seconds it was over and the wall began to open into an archway.

"Welcome Sakura to Diagon Alley."

Sakura looked from side to side at randomised people talking about sales and news. Her eyes caught sight of large cauldrons, thin brooms and a bottle of what looked like newt testicles. Sakura gave a grimace that turned into a dazzling smile when she noticed Li looking in her direction. They passed numerous stores and conversations, but the group that most caught her eye was one that was made up of two males and one female. The female had long bushy brown hair and large front teeth. Li was sizing her up with Sakura in both magical energy and looks. Sakura definitely had more magic, yet this girl had a very unusual aura of magic surrounding her. They were very different to the cards and his and Eriol's magic, a lot less powerful then the adults that were constantly around him in this alley. Sakura was also much prettier he thought emotionally, a strong tug at his heart when he remembered her kind face with emerald green eyes. The first boy was the tallest with a plentiful supply of freckles covering his face. His flaming red hair caught Sakura's eyes and she gave him a smile of happiness. The second had round glasses like Eriol and jet-black hair. Sakura noticed also that his eyes were emerald green like hers. Li gave Sakura a fleeting look, catching her eye and smiled grimly.

"Eriol, are we nearly there?" Li whined.

"Almost my cute little descendant."

"Don't call me that!!"

Unfortunately, Hermione, Ron and Harry past and heard that conversation.

"What!! How can that boy be a descendant." Hermione blurted. "It's not possible. They're the same age so I just don't understand it!"

Harry glanced over his shoulder and the trio. The female was rather pretty, though the boy next to her (Li) looked pretty protective. Meanwhile Ron and Hermione were having a pointless argument about descendants.

"Hey Ron, are they first years or what?"

"Yeah maybe. I would have remembered a face like that if I'd seen it before."

"Ron!!"

"Sorry Hermione."

The trio walked into every shop buying all they needed until all they needed was a wand each. Trudging along the pathways, they all kept their eyes peeled for a sign about wands.

"There!" Li shouted, sending people staring in his direction.

They entered the small dark shop that had only one chair that was occupied by a small quivery man. The walls held towers of thin boxes.

"Ah! Welcome."

Sakura jumped around 6 metres into the air by surprise. An old man with pale eyes was about 30 cm from their heads.

"Hello. We're here to get a wand." Eriol stated simply, not at all shocked.

"Well, who's first?"

"I am." Li said, stepping forward.

Mr Ollivander took Li's measurements. They went through a few boxes and came to a black wand with gold and green markings down the side.

"Here you go, Dragon heartstring and maple, 11 inches, Firm."

Li slashed it through the air like a sword and the wand emitted golden sparks that floated in the air for a few seconds.

Eriol went second. After 2 boxes, they came to a black one as well, though this time with just gold markings.

"Unicorn hair and holly, 12 inches, stable."

Eriol lifted it into the air and brought it slicing through the air emitting bright blue stars that immediately disappeared. Mr Ollivander clapped his hands in delight. Finally Sakura stepped up, her eyes curious. Mr Ollivander raised an eyebrow and began to take measurements. After some time he gave her a wand.

"Dragon heartstring and ash, 13 inches quite whippy."

Sakura raised it foolishly and Mr Ollivander snatched it out from her hand.

"No no no, try this one. Phoenix feather and Redwood, 7 inches."

This went on until Sakura felt like she had been through far to many. She was aware of Eriol and Li staring into the back of her head, in fascination. Finally, Mr. Ollivander reached out and handed a wand into her pale hand. It was pale pink with small pictures of cherry blossoms on the handle.

"Unicorn hair and mahogany, 8 inches, firm."

Sakura lifted it up and felt a strange tingling under her fingers. She brought the wand flicking delicately through the air in a complicated twisting movement. With each flick, a single cherry blossom floated out. Mr Ollivander almost cheered in happiness.

They finally emerged from that tiny shop and into the busy Diagon Alley. They each had numerous bags to carry and Sakura was struggling with three. Li gave her an encouraging smile and pulled one from her grasp. Sakura smiled dazzling at him and continued her way, watching in awe at Li carry with ease four bags.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Don't kill me!! It's a lot shorter than the first one, but I was just so restless, I had to get it moving. Well, the next one's about the trip to Hogwarts!!