Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rejected Book ❯ Travelling lightly on the Express ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing this story a bit. Well, I'm just trying to get it out to everybody as quickly as possible!! Yay!! Oh and by the way, Ron and Harry don't take the flying car in this story!! Oh, and please excuse me for using Li instead of Syaoran.

Please, I don't own Harry potter or CCS

Recap of last chapter

They finally emerged from that tiny shop and into the busy Diagon Alley. They each had numerous bags to carry and Sakura was struggling with three. Li gave her an encouraging smile and pulled one from her grasp. Sakura smiled dazzling at him and continued her way, watching in awe at Li carry with ease four bags.

~**~

Chapter 3: Travelling lightly on the Express

~**~

Although it seemed like forever, September 1st finally arrived, along with the excitement of going to Hogwarts. Sakura had agreed to meet with Eriol and Li at the park so Eriol could transport them to Kings Cross Station. Sakura checked and double-checked that she had everything needed for the long year ahead. Cards, robes, books, wand, etc. She could barely hold in her excitement. She was dressed in a light summer dress (please forgive me if it isn't summer at that time) coloured turquoise. Her hair was done in the usual pigtails and Kero was in her pocket safely. Sakura glanced down at her watch and shrieked. It was 9:30 and the train left at 10:00!! Sakura grabbed her trunk and ran down the stairs into the hallway. She kissed her father on the cheek, gave Touya a wink and ran to the park.

~**~

Li and Eriol sat patiently, waiting for Sakura to arrive who was late for reasons unknown. They both had large trunks, fitted with padlocks that were locked with their magic. They both glanced around, hoping to spot her first. The sun glinted wildly over their heads, winking at a small figure running steadily, with a tiny yellow bear head sticking out of her pocket. Sakura ran up, panting for breath. Eriol smiled kindly and nodded at Kero who sat perfectly still, though his cheeks moved slightly, as though sucking or chewing on something. Kero looked up at Li and spat whatever it had been in his mouth. A large spit ball flew through the air, aiming straight for Li. It landed at the hem of his jeans, making Li very angry, enough to just grab a pair of scissors and cut the teddy bear's ears off.

~**~

The journey to Kings Cross Station was quite uneventful, Eriol cleaning his descendant's pants with one swipe of his newly bought wand. They arrived with ten minutes to spare. The trio gazed around, looking for platform 9 1/3 quarters. A family came walking out from nowhere, the trio whom they had seen in Diagon Alley with them. Li noticed this too and stared grouchily at them, chancing small side-glances at Sakura.

~**~

"Hey Hermione, there's that trio that were at Diagon Alley." Ron whispered, afraid of being overheard.

"Yes Ron, I'm not that dumb. Remember, I did much better then you last year in exams."

Ron blushed scarlet, so his face and hair were indistinguishable from each other. Harry gave him a sharp dig in the ribs, forcing his ears to tinge purple. They walked calmly in through the barrier, onto the station.

~**~

Sakura gawked as the large group disappeared into thin air. She felt a sharp dig in her elbow.

"Come on!!" Eriol hissed.

Sakura nodded absentmindedly, stuffing tissues into her pocket, which Kero was hiding in. At a run due to nervousness, they vanished into the atmosphere.

~**~

Sakura gazed around the platform, which they had appeared in. A large red steam engine was pumping thick grey smoke from its chimney. They walked along the platform to find an entrance in, ignoring the continuous stares, mainly by the fact that Kero had chosen to pop out and begin shouting at Li.

~**~

They strolled along the small compartments once they had gotten on, looking for an empty compartment. At the very end, there was a completely empty one, due to the litter on the seats. Eriol shrugged and once again waved his wand, making all the rubbish to evaporate. They stored their trunks up the top, and sat down, each doing different things. Eriol was immersed in a dark arts book, leaving Li and Sakura to stare at nothing. Li sighed and rummaged around in his trunk. As his hand withdrew, his sword came out too (in the sheath). He touched it lovingly, his fingers playing with the tassels. The door slid open to reveal Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny. Li gave an odd yelp and hurriedly sat on the sword, wincing.

~**~

"Err, can we sit here?" Harry stammered.

Sakura tilted her head, observing him closely.

"Sure." Eriol answered, his round glasses peaking over the top of the book.

Oddly, the quartet squeezed in, though each had a comfortable amount of room. Hermione glowered at Eriol and started reading The standard book of spells grade 2.

"Hi, my name is Sakura Kimonto. This is Li Syaoran, and Eriol Hiiragizawa."

"Err, I'm Harry Potter, this is Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasly, and Ron Weasly."

Li raised an eyebrow slightly, shifting uncomfortably on his sword. The door slid open to reveal Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. The quartet stood up quickly, all furious. Eriol looked over the top of his book, frowning slightly. Li made to stand up, only to be stopped by Sakura's hand on his wrist.

"Potty, Weasel, Weasel Jnr, and Mudblood." Malfoy smirked. "Oh, and who are these people? By the looks of it, you're all mudbloods."

HHRG made to draw their wands, but Li's reflexes got him there first. The sharp point of his sword (out of the sheath) was pressed lightly against Malfoy's throat.

"Watch who you're calling a mudblood, dirt bag." Li hissed, fire dancing in his eyes.

Malfoy whimpered as a small point of red began to appear. Regaining his pride, Malfoy sneered.

"Watch out mudblood, that could cost you."

Li sheathed his sword, still breathing heavily. Malfoy flinched as he touched the point where the sword had touched him. Crabbe and Goyle scowled and flexed their muscles threateningly.

"I can do far more damage to you, is it Malfoy?" Li snarled.

Malfoy cringed slightly, his small eyes darting to sheath held in Lis' hand. He smirked at them and walked away, glowering.

~**~

Harry stared at Li, completely unaware of being rude. Hermione elbowed him sharply in the ribs, jerking him back to the compartment.

"I think we should get dressed now." Hermione murmured, looking out the now dark window.

No one complained and simply nodded, dragging out freshly laundered robes of black. Li tenderly placed down his sword into the locked trunk and gazed at it longingly. The train stopped immediately, calling forth a large stampede of black bodies, rushing to get to the door. SL/SEHHRG walked slowly out, waiting for the crowds to thin.

~**~

"Firs' years over here! Don' be shy now. Anymore firs' years?" A giant silhouette shouted over the racket that feet were making on the gravel.

Sakura looked up and saw a friendly, hairy face of a tall man beaming at her. She nodded at HHRG and walked towards him, fear seeping out of her body slowly.

Yes!! Another story over and done with. A bit shorter than I normally like it, but hey, it's finished!! Yay!! Okay, R&R please people!! I don't really care, but I would like some. Sorry it took me so long to get out, I just was barrelled over by homework. See ya later!!