Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rejected Book ❯ The sorting and greatest of feasts ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everybody!! Okay, here's the fourth chapter. Into Hogwarts!! Yay!! Please don't kill me. I know I'm a bit slow, but I'm trying to pour talent into the story writing, and so should all you other little storywriters out there.

Disclaimer: The normal. ^_^

Recap of last chapter

"Firs' years over here! Don' be shy now. Anymore firs' years?" A giant silhouette shouted over the racket that feet were making on the gravel.

Sakura looked up and saw a friendly, hairy face of a tall man beaming at her. She nodded at HHRG and walked towards him, fear seeping out of her body slowly.

Chapter 4: The sorting and greatest of feasts

They arrived at a man who was twice as tall as an average person. Sakura looked up at him, trying to see past the large tangles of air. In nervousness, she began to twirl her necklace around in her fingers, expecting something bad to happen. Ginny walked up and stood next to her, her eyes glued on horseless carriages that took the other students up to the castle. Sakura stared and blinked rapidly. (If you haven't read the 5th book, please move to the section after the * thankyou) What she saw were large, black, fleshless reptilian horses. Large leathery bat wings sprouted from each wither. One turned to look at Sakura, staring with its' blank white eyes, sending a chill up her spine. She shivered, ending up with only Ginny eyeing her strangely. Li walked over and looked in the direction that Sakura had been gazing at, frowning slightly. *Hagrid faltered for a moment, then beckoned eagerly for them to get onto a boat.

~**~

Sakura, Li, Eriol, and Ginny slid into a boat, watching at water lapped at the side. They set off gently, the small canoe-like boat, Sakura shaking violently as she stared into the murky depths, where a dark tentacle quivered underneath, suction pads twitching slightly. Suddenly the leg lashed out, seven more following, grabbing onto eight different boats. Sakura screamed as the boat began to rock dangerously.

~**~

They got across safely, once Eriol had used his magic to freeze the squid. Li trudged along, sopping wet, having been pulled off the boat, along with many other people. He muttered darkly, following Professor McGonagall to the great hall.

"Stay here, I'll come and get you when it's time."

~**~

After a few minutes of staring hard at walls, McGonagall walked in.

"Okay, it's time. Follow me everybody."

Shaking with coldness and fear, the long line of first years made a beeline for the door. They entered a large hall with five tables inside it. Candles hovered at the ceiling, the only source of light. A short man walked in front, carrying a stool and a withered hat.

"Okay, when I read out your name, come up and put on the hat."

Slowly but surely the names filtered through.

"Hiiragizawa, Eriol." McGonagall read out, stumbling over the Japanese words.

Eriol walked up, his head held proud (and not wet) up to the stool. He sat down and placed the sorting hat over his head.

Hmm. Difficult. Brains, courage, powerful…etc. Where to put you? Hmm, you'd be very good in Ravenclaw, but…

"Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table exploded into cheers, Hermione smiling at Eriol as he sat down, legs bumping up and down, in fear for his two companions.

"Kinomoto, Sakura"

Sakura walked, shaking up to the stool, placing the tattered hat on her head.

Very difficult…

"Gryffindor!"

Sakura grinned at Eriol, and walked over, sitting next to him. Finally,

"Syaoran, Li"

Li walked nervously up to the stool. After a while,

"Slytherin!"

Sakura nearly cried as her last companion walked over to the Slytherin table where people like Malfoy sat. Harry grimaced at him, wondering how Draco would take it. He could see him shaking in fear as the sword master approached the table, having just been sorted.

~**~

All the tables looked happy, yet Li glowered in depression. He had been sorted into the worst house, and Eriol and Sakura were together. He kicked out angrily, hitting a table leg. A girl in first grade eyed him hopefully with blue eyes, hoping to catch his attention.

~**~

Sakura hissed like a cat when the girl eyed Li with passion. He took no notice of her, which lightened the heaviness in her heart. She turned to Harry.

"Hey, do we just have classes with Gryffindor?"

Harry laughed.

"I wish, then I wouldn't have to look at Malfoy. Nah, we mainly have classes with Slytherin, I have no idea why, but hey, maybe they want to be annoying."

Sakura smiled briefly, still weighed down with sadness. The first course disappeared, filling the plates with cake, tarts and many other delicious things. Sakura looked around, having only eaten very little, as she was still upset.

~**~

At long last, the final morsels of food disappeared from the plates, leaving them as spotless as they were at the start of the feast. Percy stood up and called.

"First years, please follow me. Don't be scared."

Sakura rose from the table and walked with Eriol over to Prefect Percy. Slowly, the Gryffindor First years crowded around Percy.

"This way please."

They came to a painting of a large woman wearing a pink dress.

"Flitterbloom."

The painting swung open to reveal a beautifully designed common room with a large fireplace at one wall. All around were scarlet chairs, some with people already lounging around in.

~**~

Sakura collapsed into a bed up in the girls tower, falling asleep instantly, ready for a new day tomorrow full of spells and new surprises.

I know, very small. I just want to get onto the next chapter!! Sorry to everyone about Li going into a different house, but really, every story I read like this, they all go into Gryffindor. I think it needed a twist.

Catch ya later!!!!!!!!