Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rejected Book ❯ A different Destiny? ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry everyone for not updating!! *Starts sobbing* I'm so evil!! I put Syaoran into Slytherin!! Oh well.

Hey everybody. Sorry about the twist in the last chapter. I'm really trying to get everybody interested in this story, so I'm trying to put a few twists in the end. Don't ask. I've got the whole story planned!! Thankyou very much for reviewing, and I'm half thinking of writing another Chapter 4, for the people who want Syaoran Li in Gryffindor, but that means I have to write double of each chapter. HMMM… ^_^ Oh well. And yes I do know that his first name is Syaoran, it's just that I'm used to calling him Syaoran, also Syaoran is a lot longer to write.

Disclaimer: Really, do I have to say this? I DON'T I repeat I DON'T OWN ANYTHING!!

Recap of last chapter

Sakura collapsed into a bed up in the girls tower, falling asleep instantly, ready for a new day tomorrow full of spells and new surprises.

Chapter 5: A different destiny?

Sakura walked down a dark path, filled with slime. There was a roar, leaving her trembling on the ground. Orange eyes glowed out of the darkness. Sakura's body fell with a clutter to the ground, Syaoran clutching his arm, blood dripping slowly to the ground. Eriol already on the ground, his glasses askew. A snake reared up, ready to strike…

Sakura jerked up from her sleep, dripping in cold sweat. Breathing heavily, she tried to recall her previous dream. Was it their future here? She needed to speak with Syaoran, Sakura decided. If not him, Eriol. She looked down at her watch, surprised to find that it was six. Quickly gathering her stuff, she walked to the bathroom with bubble and water, ready to have a nice shower.

Around 7, Syaoran walked hurriedly out of the Slytherin Common Room, into the great hall. His amber eyes hurriedly searched the hall, looking for Sakura and Eriol. Eriol was sitting with his back to Syaoran, but Sakura was nowhere in sight. Panting slightly, Sakura ran into the hall, Kero squeezed in her pocket. Cherry blossoms were stuck into her pigtails, making her look even more angel like. She cast him a quick smile, then turned and sat opposite Eriol.

Harry passed down the first year timetables to Eriol, grinning foolishly at him. Eriol just replied with a fleeting smile back. Looking down at his timetable, Eriol smiled for a long time. It went:

Double Potions

Free (actually, they have to go to the broom thing)

Double Herbology

Sakura looked down at hers and sighed. Harry looked over her shoulder and nearly laughed.

"What a horrible Monday you have." He looked at Sakura's sad face. "Don't worry, you have all of them but Herbology with Slytherin."

He pulled a face at Malfoy. Sakura forced a laugh, not really feeling anything inside her. Eriol nudged her.

"We better get going to Potions."

Harry smiled at them.

"Watch out for Snape. He favours Slytherin."

Eriol nodded his thanks, and started walking out the door.

Sakura sat down at a table in the dark dungeon of the potion master. Every time someone closed the door, it felt like she was enclosed in a trap. Syaoran walked in, ignoring the whispers of girls around him, and walked up to the table where Eriol and Sakura sat. He grimaced and sat down, Sakura in the middle. Snape marched in, his black coat billowing out, small ripples forming. Ginny shuddered, followed by Sakura squeezing her hand gently for reassurance. Snape smirked evilly.

"Today, to see what sort of class you are. You," he pointed at Eriol, "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Eriol remained calm, and Sakura could see the cogs turning in his head.

"If you added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood, you would be left with an extremely strong sleeping potion, sometimes known as the Draught of living Death."

Sakura could see that Snape was surprised beyond his will, trying very hard to conceal the amazement of this young boy's memory.

Eriol remained perfectly still and relaxed as Snape began to mutter darkly to himself. Syaoran smirked at Eriol, still ignoring all the girls. Some of them were whispering and pointing at Sakura, Ginny, Eriol and Syaoran. Eriol looked over at Ginny and Sakura, making Ginny blush scarlet like she did with Harry. Sakura snarled lightly, defending her best friend's boyfriend (don't you think they make a lovely couple?).

They began to brew a very complex potion that required extreme precaution. Eriol's was bright orange, the colour it was meant to be, yet Syaoran's was turning red. Sakura's was a red-orange, and letting off light clouds of smoke. There was a knock on the door, and it opened to reveal Harry. Snape gave him a look of loathing and spat,

"What do you want Potter?"

Harry stared into Snape's eyes defiantly.

"Professor Dumbledore wishes to speak to Syaoran Li."

Snape glanced at Syaoran and nodded, signalling him to go. Syaoran rose from his sitting position and walked uncertainly over to the glaring pair. Snape gave one final furious look towards Harry before turning and addressing the class as though they weren't there.

They began walking out the dungeon doors, into the main hall. There they turned until they came to a pair of stone gargoyles.

"Lemon Drop." Harry said.

Syaoran nearly fainted as one rose up and revealed a staircase. Harry motioned with his head, and began to climb. Syaoran followed, slowly getting dizzier and dizzier. Finally they came to a door. Harry knocked and opened it. They entered a circular room with many portraits around it. In the center was a wooden desk with peculiar silver instruments tinkling softly. Behind there was Albus Dumbledore staring at Syaoran.

"Thankyou Harry."

Harry smiled and walked out, closing the door behind him.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and looked into Syaoran's eyes.

"Due to current events, I've decided to transfer you into Gryffindor."

Syaoran was too shocked to speak; he just stared at Dumbledore, struck dumb.

"Tha…Thankyou Professor Dumbledore."

He nodded and motioned for Syaoran to leave. He half skipped along towards the dungeon, actually dreading the time when he arrived back in the dark, dingy dungeon.

The door squeaked open, and Sakura turned her head to see Syaoran looking happier than he had since they got here. A large torrent of dark smoke erupted from her cauldron forcing her to squeak in fright. Snape turned and snarled at her.

"Don't be silly girl. This potion requires silence."

Sakura glowered back at him with as much hatred as Harry had given him. Finally, the bell rang just as Sakura was washing her hands under the water.

They walked over to the empty Quidditch field where some of their housemates were standing, gazing longingly at the broom cupboard. Madam Hooch walked briskly over to the small class.

"Raise your hand if you've ever flown before."

Sakura slowly raised her hand, so did Ginny. Madam Hooch nodded and pointed at Ginny.

"What broom did you ride?"

"Um, a Comet 260, I think."

She pointed at Sakura.

"I didn't ride a broomstick, I used my staff."

People shrugged, throwing curious glances towards her.

"What do you mean?"

"Key of the Star, with powers burning bright, reveal the staff, and shine your light. Release!"

(You know what happens…blah…)

Sakura swung her leg over the side, feeling the familiar knot in her stomach unwind as fly took over. The class stared in awe as she flew higher, hair flying out behind her, enjoying the gentle caress of wind.

To be continued!

Sorry about the EXTRA long break between the chapters. I'm just piled with homework. A bit shorter than I like, but still, it's finished. I had a draw off between keeping Syaoran in Slytherin or moving him to Gryffindor. Sorry everyone who like Slytherin. Majority Rules! Catch ya later!