Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rejected Book ❯ The First Attack ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, sorry for the long delay for getting this chapter out. I went on holidays, so my writing was put off. Still, the first petrifying! Ooo, scary. *Starts shivering* Okay, I put Syaoran into Gryffindor so everyone will be happy. Sorry if this chapter has lots of talking. Oh, I'm debating myself whether to write a second story about their second year at Hogwarts after this. Please tell me what you think I should do.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!!

Recap of last chapter

Syaoran wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, whilst sighing just loud enough so Kero could hear. A loud growling sound issued from the zipper of the bag.

"Syaoran, stop picking on Keroberos." Eriol hissed, the voice coming out like a snake's tongue.

"Eriol, stop teasing Syaoran." Sakura said, looking down at her watch. She gave a small shriek at the time and ran off to the grand stairs without another word.

Chapter 6: The first attack

The days flew by without warning, with nothing much going on, besides that Gryffindor won against Hufflepuff in Quidditch. Eriol beat Hermione's scores in a Transfiguration test, which really annoyed her. Soon, before they knew it, it was time for their ever first Halloween at Hogwarts.

Sakura sighed as Halloween arrived, thinking of ghosts and how they'll look extra freaky now it was the 31st of October. Kero sighed contently from under her pillow, dreaming of food and the feast the Hermione told him about last night. She got out of bed, leaving the sun kissed teddy snoozing, drool being to fall out. With a start as her warm body left the covers, Kero flew up, alert instantly, all signs of sleep gone.

"And where are you going young missy?" He asked, raising one eyebrow.

"To go down to breakfast." Sakura sighed, saying the obvious.

"Without me?" His jaw dropped in surprise.

Suddenly, Ginny passed her, tomato hair flying wildly. Sakura sighed again, shaking her head. Hurriedly, she did her hair, got dressed and ran downstairs after her friend.

She skidded to a halt outside the hall, soon met by Eriol with Syaoran close behind. Kero perched on her shoulder, imitating an owl sitting on a Slytherin's. The three `powerful' ones laughed, then stepped into the Grand hall, gazing in awe at the decorations that were magically put up in one night. The trio sat down at their house table, slightly away from everyone.

"Sakura, Eriol, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen soon. Something big."

"I know Syaoran, I felt it just a little while ago." Eriol stated.

"What could it be though?" Questioned Sakura. "People could get really suspicious if we tell them. I know some people were wondering about my flying staff."

"Hmm, Sakura does have a point." Syaoran muttered, looking annoyed as a bat flew above his head.

His hand swiped at it, making it crash land on the table. Eriol looked at him, and then got out his wand, ready to make it rise back up into the air. Sakura blushed as some people looked over.

Syaoran sighed as he looked down at his timetable. What a horrible day. Luckily, there was the feast to go to at the end. Feeling bad, he stomped up the staircase to Transfiguration. Like all teachers, McGonagall was strict and clever at the same time.

"Now everyone, today we'll be transforming a matchstick into a pin."

Naturally this was one very hard task. Last night Hermione was telling them about it and how only she had managed it. She tortured them more by showing them the pins. Sakura groaned as the matchsticks were passed out.

"Thankyou." She muttered as the Professor handed one to her.

The class trooped out, all feeling rejected, all except Eriol. He came out holding a pincushion that held ten silver, pointy pins in it. Syaoran scowled at him, eyes locked on the pins.

"How does he do it?" Sakura muttered to Syaoran.

He merely shrugged and walked off to Charms.

Professor Flitwick was completely different from McGonagall. Now this was one class where Sakura shined. Rumours were flying from people that they would be making things fly. And they turned out to be completely true. Sakura had been waiting for this since the start when Harry had levitated a book in the Common Room. They stepped into the classroom and sat down near the middle. In front of them was a feather, coloured white. Sakura lifted hers up to her eyes and looked at it closely.

"Okay everyone, today we'll be making objects fly." Flitwick's voice cut into her thoughts. "This is the incantation. Wingardium Leviosa. All say it together now."

"Wingardium Leviosa." The class chanted.

"Very good. Now, the wand movement. Swish and flick, like this now."

Flitwick performed the wand movement fantastically, then did it again while saying the incantation. The pile of books in front of him rose ten feet above their heads, placing looks of astonishment on their faces.

"Okay, now you try."

Syaoran attempted to do the movement, but in vain.

"Wingardium Leviosa." He said.

The feather sat down on the table, doing nothing. Sakura giggled, then tried.

"Wingardium Leviosa."

The feather began to rise, hovering only one foot above the tabletop. Eriol shook his head, and then got out his wand.

"You're both doing it very wrong, watch me now. Wingardium Leviosa."

The white feather rose high, floating like there was something holding it. Professor Flitwick clapped his hands in joy.

"Well done. Look here, Mr Hiiragizawa has done it."

Syaoran scowled and began to stab angrily at his feather.

The trio walked out from the Gryffindor common room laughing, heading down to the feast. On the way, they passed Harry, Hermione and Ron walking down a different corridor (on their way to the Death day party).

"I wonder where they're going." Sakura stated, watching them closely. The group (SSE) reached the hall and sat down at their respective table. The hall was decorated with pumpkins, bats and numerous other things. Strangely, not one ghost was in sight. Sakura ignored this, glad to not have any ghosts around, and attacked the food keenly.

An hour later, the food disappeared from the platters, leaving sparkling plates. They rose from the table, setting off to go to bed, when they disappeared down an odd corridor. Voices were ahead, sounding familiar. Sakura frowned, and crept further along. She gasped as HHR came into sight, standing in front of a wall with writing on the wall. The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware. Syaoran, ignoring the no's behind him walked up to them.

"Did you do this?" He demanded, not bothering to be polite.

"If we did, it isn't any of your business." Ron retorted, fire flashing in his eyes.

Ron raised his wand, getting ready to curse Syaoran.

"No!" Sakura shouted, getting out The Wind. "Windy!"

Windy toppled the red head, and then vanished back into her card. Ron slowly got up, rubbing his head.

"Where were you tonight if you weren't at the feast?" Eriol asked, stepping forward, his large sun staff held protectively in his hands.

The group eyed the staff wearily, wondering how much power it held. Eriol nodded at Sakura, and she stepped next to him, staff at the ready. Unexpectedly, McGonagall, Snape, Dumbledore, Filch, and Lockhart entered the scene.

They all stopped abruptly, looking very awkward. Filch stared at a small thing handing by the tail underneath the writing.

"Oh my." Sakura gasped. "It's Mrs Norris!"

She felt everyone tense, and Filch collapse into a sobbing heap. Eriol hissed slightly, putting both Sakura and Syaoran into thinking that he knew exactly what was wrong.

Eww, a bit of an icky chappy there. Okay, I wrote most of that in one day. He he he. Well, thankyou everyone who R&R's I really appreciate it. I've got nothing to do all day, so I might start chapter 7, and perhaps finish it. Well everyone, have a lovely day and I'll catch you later. C'ya!