Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Deceptions ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Second Generation Cardcaptors 20

Meeko: Last time, I was trying to recover from being fuse with my mother's spirit, when I had a strange dream. Following my instinct I flew out the window and went to the lake. There I confronted the Watery card. Shinji showed up, since he saw me going there. Together he and I captured the Watery, and resulted in only minor injuries to me and Shinji. Mom and Dad on the other hand were having bad dreams of their own. I hope nothing bad happens to them. We already have our hands full.

Madoushi stared at the large book in front of her, the same one she had used to release the demon before. Now, the demon, in Hitori's body, stood on the other side of the book, ready to perform the spell. Madoushi smiled. "This will put an end to those brats."
"I am ready." Hitori replied, though in the demon's voice.
Madoushi nodded and began to chant in some foreign language. Soon, Hitori joined in and they held their hands above their head, a red and blue light forming in the middle of the room. The light grew more intense, and then seemed to explode.
Hitori laughed. "Good luck, cardcaptors…for evil is upon you."

Sakura stood in the kitchen, feeling uneasy. She washed the dishes to try and calm her nerves. What was bothering her? Was it that dream? What could be after them? After all her years of cardcaptoring, with Syaoran by her side, they had always been able to overcome any feat. So why was she worried at all?
Expect the unexpected.
Kero's age old saying echoed in her mind. Something was coming…she could feel it. She had to find out what.
Throwing down her apron, she turned and made ready to leave the house.
"Whoa, where you going?" She turned and saw Syaoran coming from the bedroom, smiling at her.
"I have a bad feeling." She said.
Syaoran's smile faded. "You sure?"
She pulled a jacket out of the closet. "You doubt me?" Then she ran out of the house.
Syaoran ran to the closet, pulled a jacket of his own. "I'm coming with you!"
Then the two adults jumped into the car and drove away.

Shinji, along with Akiko and the twins, sat upstairs, trying to get through the day's new assignments of homework. Meeko growled. "Since when does the angle of a triangle really matter to anything!?"
Shinji laughed. "It's really not that hard. You just use what they give you…then subtract it from 180…that give you the final angle."
Meeko blushed. "Oh, um…thanks." Baka me! He probably thinks you are an idiot!
"No problem." He said. "It took me a while to get it too. You'll get the hang of it." He winked and she smiled brightly.
Makoto and Akiko were trying to focus on Science, but something was bothering Akiko. "What's up?" Makoto looked up at her.
She startled and looked up as well. "W-why do you ask that?"
Makoto frowned. "Because you haven't said a word for the last fifteen minutes." He replied. "The Akiko I know is always talking her heart out."
Akiko put on a smile. "I guess I'm a little tired." She really didn't want to tell Makoto what she was feeling, until she as sure. It felt like a Clow Card…but mixed and disoriented.
Makoto didn't buy it. "You sensing something?"
Hearing this, Shinji and Meeko turned around too. "Akiko?" Shinji asked.
Akiko sighed in defeat. "I guess I do. It's a Clow Card…but it gives off a strange aura." She replied.
Meeko closed her eyes and also frowned. "She's right…demo, there are two Clow Cards."
Shinji got up. "Let's go and get them, before they cause some real trouble."
Everyone agreed and ran down stairs. "Where are mom and dad?" Meeko asked.
"They probably went out to the store. I heard the car leave earlier." Her brother replied.
Meeko nodded. "Okay. Shinji and I will track down one card. Oniichan, you and your girlfriend get the other one." Shinji and Meeko ran outside before Makoto could deny her use of the word girlfriend.
He looked to Akiko and saw she was blushing. Why is she blushing? Does she like me too? "A-are you okay?"
Akiko smiled and nodded. "Very, now let's go!" She grabbed his hand and they ran out of the house.

Shinji and Meeko followed their sense until they came to a bridge. "It's around here somewhere." Meeko said.
Shinji nodded and took out his staff. Meeko got out her key. "Key of Clow, bestowed by right. Surrender the wand, surrender the light. Release!" She was surrounded by wind that twirled around her.
Shinji watched in amazement as her aura glowed brightly. She is so beautiful when she does that. He told himself.
When she was done, she held her staff with two hands and looked around. "Clow Card! Show yourself!" Suddenly, as if in answer to her challenge, their environment warped and they soon found themselves in a cemetery. "What in the world?" Meeko looked around. "How'd we get here?"
Shinji narrowed his eyes. "It was the Clow Card who transported us here." He concluded.
Meeko screamed as a swarm of bats flew their way in the sky. "Of all the rotten…"
"Run!" Shinji grabbed her hand and the started running away…the bats were gaining speed.

Akiko and Makoto ran until they were in the outskirts of town. "Why would a Clow Card be here?" Makoto asked.
Akiko took out her key and made it into her sun staff. "It's the same strange feeling I had before." She said. "Something's not right here."
Just then, what seemed out of nowhere, an old man walked by. He was dressed in rags and used a walking stick. Makoto and Akiko hid their weapons behind their backs as best as possible.
The old man approached Makoto slowly and unsteadily. "Can you help me???" He asked in a crackly voice.
Makoto sweat dropped. This is all I need when I'm looking for a Clow Card. "S-sure…what do you need?" He asked as nicely as possible, receiving a sympathetic look from Akiko.
The old man smiled and suddenly used his stick to trip Makoto to the ground, his sword falling to his side, just out of reach.
"Makoto!" Akiko cried running at the old man.
The man whipped a leg out and caught Akiko in the stomach, making her fall to her knees.
Makoto threw his legs up and forward, landing on his feet, he dove for his sword, just as the man tried to chop Makoto in the neck!
What is up with this man? Makoto thought. He got his sword and flipped in the air to Akiko's side, giving her a hand up. "Are you okay?"
She nodded and looked around. "Where'd he go?" The man had disappeared.

Sakura and Syaoran drove around town, trying to pinpoint this feeling that now both of them were sensing.
"We have to find out what that dream meant." Syaoran said.
"What do you mean a dream?" A voice came from behind them.
Sakura turned and gasped. "Kero! What are you doing here? I thought you were over at Yukito's with Suppi-chan."
Kero flew out of the bag he had been sleeping in and landed on his mistress' lap. "Suppi ate all the food in the house, well I helped him, while Yukito and Nakuru were outside on a mushy…dare I say it? Date!" He grumbled. "With no more food, I decided to take a nap. Since the genki here…"
"Hey fur ball, I can always stick you in the trunk!" Syaoran said.
"As I was saying! Somebody left the window open to the car…I flew in a decided to take a nap." He finished…still glaring at Syaoran, who was driving the car.
"Well it's a good thing you're here." Sakura said, breaking the silence. "Syaoran and I had a strange dream the other night. Someone wants the Sakura Cards, my powers, and Syaoran's." She explained.
Kero put a paw to his chin. "Did you recognize the voice?"
Sakura shook her head. "It was no one I'm familiar with. The aura felt…"
"Like that!" Syaoran shouted and brought the car to a screeching halt. Sakura turned and saw they were in front of Eriol and Tomoyo's house! Right in the middle what seemed to be a fierce battle.
"Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura jumped out of the car, grabbing her key. "Key of Clow, Power of Magic, power of light. Surrender the wand, surrender the light! Release!"
Syaoran turned his key into a sword as well, and the two charged to their friends' side. "Eriol!" Syaoran shouted as he saw his friend thrown into the air. "Now! Element! Wind!" A whirl of wind wrapped around Eriol, bringing him safely to the ground. He collapsed unconscious. His clothes were torn in several places.
Sakura ran to Tomoyo's side. "Are you alright!? What's going on!?"
Before Tomoyo could answer, the figure who had attacked Eriol seemed to appear out of thin air. "I'll tell you what's going on. You are meeting your match."
Sakura and Syaoran gasped. "You!" They shouted. It was the man from their dreams.
"Who else?" He replied with a smile. He wore black armor of some sort, and a black coat over it. His hands were covered with black gloves. "I thought if I was going to defeat you…I was going to need some help."
Tomoyo cried. "Iie! Onegai!" (No! Please!)
The figure laughed. "Well…I will take what I wanted and leave now. Neither one of you will be able to stop me…when I have the reincarnation of Clow Reed on my side." He waved his hand and Eriol's unconscious body warped until it disappeared.
"Eriol-kun!" Tomoyo shouted and she dove to where his body once lay.
Sakura growled. "Thunder!" She attacked the man, but he laughed and disappeared.
"Until next time, Clow Mistress."
Syaoran ran to Tomoyo and she cried on his shoulder. "Eriol-kun." She repeated over and over again.
"We'll get him back!" Sakura said. "We have to."
Syaoran rubbed Tomoyo's back. "It'll be alright. I promise." But he knew it was a promise…he wasn't sure he could keep.

Meeko and Shinji ran until they took to the air. Meeko growled and turned around. "I'm tired of running!" She grabbed out a card. "Arrow!" A bow and arrow formed in her hands and she attacked the bats, scattering them.
Shinji took out his card. "Thunder!"
Blue arrows and blue streaks of lightning filled the air, as the two cardcaptors tried to eliminate the flying rats.
Still more came. Meeko got an idea. "Sleep!" Sleep dispelled and flew through the swarm until all the bats fell to the ground, fast asleep.
Meeko breathed in relief and flew to the ground, along with Shinji. "What was that?"
Shinji narrowed his eyes and looked around. "We don't have a cemetery anywhere near here."
Meeko frowned. "Then where are we?"
Shinji's eyes grew wide and he grabbed his staff. "Illusion Card! Show yourself in your true form!"
Just then, their surroundings once again warped and they were back on the bridge, but this time, Illusion floated above the surface of the water.
Shinji smiled. "Return to thy true form! Clow Card!" Illusion was turned back into a card, and Shinji felt arms wrap around him on a warm hug.
"You did it!" Meeko said with joy.
He pulled away slightly, looking into her amber eyes. "Iie. We did it." She smiled and he leaned in to kiss her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Makoto and Akiko stood back to back, sensing the Clow Card again.
It attacked with lightning speed, this time appearing as a woman, dressed in a black kimono. Makoto blocked the attack with his sword, finding himself face to face with his teacher! Not Madoushi, but their new teacher...Terada sensei. The old Terada sensei's daughter. Her mother was Rika.
Makoto's eyes went wide. "This wasn't making any sense…unless. "It has to be two cards!" He shouted as he pushed back against his teacher and tripped her, then back flipped to Akiko's side.
Akiko nodded and brought out her card. "Power!" She felt Power's strength fill her. She ran at their teacher and hit her on the side of the head with her staff.
Terada sensei fell to the ground, and then glowed into two separate balls. One turned into the Change Card…the other the Fight Card.
Makoto and Akiko raised their sealing weapons together and shouted in one voice. "Clow Card! Return to thy true form!" Change and Fight turned into card form and floated over to Makoto and Akiko. Akiko received Fight, and Makoto got Change.
"Yatta!" (Yay!) Akiko shouted and she and Makoto shared a high five. "Let's go to my place and celebrate.
Makoto nodded. "I'll tell Meeko."
Meeko.
We caught our card…you?
Yeah, it was actually two. Akiko and I are going to celebrate. Meet us at her house.
Gotcha.

When Meeko, Makoto, Shinji, and Akiko arrived at the mansion, they were surprised to find Tomoyo crying on Sakura's shoulder, her eyes poofy and red. Yue and Nakuru along with Kero, Suppi-chan, and Syaoran were all there too.
"Mommy?" Akiko ran to her mother's side. "Mommy, what's wrong?"
Tomoyo tried to look strong, but buried her head in Sakura's shirt once again, not bearing to tell Akiko what happened.
Yue came up and placed a hand on Akiko. "Your father has been kidnapped."
Akiko's eyes went wide. "Iie! It's not true! It can't be!"
She wanted to cry, but didn't know how. Makoto came up and wrapped his arms around Akiko, giving her his support. She then broke down and cried into his chest. Makoto didn't mind, he held her close, letting her use him however she needed.
"Hey, hey. Don't worry. We'll get through this. We always do right?" Makoto said to comfort her. But Akiko just kept crying. Her whole world seemed to take a 180, right when she thought she had gotten used to the way things were. Fate was being very mean to her…how would she get over this?
Meeko held onto Shinji, and he wrapped his arm around her, comforting her too. Eriol was her uncle, in a sense. She felt she lost something too. Makoto…we have to get him back.
I know…but how?

In a dark dungeon, Eriol awoke, chained to the wall. He coughed and groaned as his head felt like it had been split into two. "Where am I?" He asked looked around.
He tried to call out his staff, but found his power useless.
"If you're trying to call upon your creator's powers…don't. I've made sure the Clow Reed side of you can not appear before I finish my task." A voice said. Eriol looked up to see the man who had attacked before, now entering the dungeon.
"What do you want?" Eriol asked.
"Isn't it obvious? I want you!" Before Eriol could do anything, the man threw his hands forward, sending a black and red beam at Eriol.
Eriol screamed out, as his veins seemed to be invaded by the evil magic. He fought all he could…but it was no use…he collapsed.
The man smiled and walked up. "You will help me destroy the Clow Mistress and her protector, will you not?"
Eriol's head came up, and his blue bangs parted to reveal devilishly red glowing eyes. "I will do whatever you command."
The man laughed and freed Eriol. Eriol in turn got on his hands and knees and bowed before the man. "Clow Card mistress! You have met your doom!" He said smiling. Yes this would do nicely.

A/N: Talk about a twist, ne? Eriol is now bad. S+S have their own problems now. Evil attacks from both sides…against both parents and children. What will happen next? Wait and see!