Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Lost In Darkness ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Second Generation 21

Tomoyo: Last time, the children split up to search for a couple of renegade Clow Cards. Meanwhile, Sakura-chan sensed something, so she and Syaoran left to find out what it was in their green Toyota (That was for you Wing Wing!) Makoto and Akiko encountered an interesting mix up of Fight and Change, thanks to Hitori and Madoushi's spell. Shinji and Meeko ran into Illusion and get a really good scare in a cemetery. As for Sakura and Syaoran, they came to my mansion, only to see Eriol… *sniff*… kidnapped by a sorcerer…*cries*…I hope they bring him back!

Meeko and the usual gang walked home from another boring day of school. Akiko sighed. "I am so glad finals are over!" She exclaimed. She was still upset about her father being kidnapped, but Tomoyo had insisted on her still going to school…saying that Eriol would've wanted it that way.
Makoto put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure you did fine."
Akiko blushed.
"Thanks to Shinji, I think I did okay on the Math final." Meeko said, playfully elbowing Shinji in the ribs.
Shinji squirmed. "You did most of the work, I only helped you a little." He wrapped an arm around her and continued to walk ahead of Makoto and Akiko.
Akiko giggled and Makoto looked over to see her holding a video camera. He sweat dropped. "Akiko…"
Meeko and Shinji turned around and saw Akiko zooming in with her lens. "Akiko…" Meeko whined. "I thought you were over that."
Akiko shook her head and kept recording. "I may not be able to record your captures, because I'm in it, but I haven't stopped recording." She squealed. "Oh you guys are so kawaii!"
Shinji smirked and leaned in to whisper in Meeko's ear. She giggled. "Yeah well I think you and Makoto are more kawaii." She said with a wink.
Akiko gasped and blushed bright red. Makoto glared at his sister, but couldn't hide his blushing either. I have to stop blushing like this or she's going to find out I like her! Makoto thought, catching a look from Akiko, who turned her head away, just like Makoto had. Shinji and Meeko giggled.

The figure that had been to Tomoyo's house, had attacked Eriol and kidnapped him, then turned him back, that same person, sat on a thrown, with the reincarnation of Clow Reed, Eriol, bowed before him. The figure smirked. "You will hunt down the cardcaptors and bring them to me." He commanded.
Eriol responded without lifting his head. "Yes, Master Fukushu." (Fukushu = Revenge in Japanese) He lifted his head, and his eyes still glowed devilish red. "I will bring you the ones you seek as a symbol of my loyalty." He stood up and bowed one last time before leaving the chambers.
Fukushu smirked. "Getting revenge on the cardcaptors is going to be so sweet."

Sakura and Syaoran were over at Tomoyo's trying to calm the world famous fashion designer. "We'll get him back. Don't cry."
Tomoyo was still having crying fits every now and then, whenever she thought of Eriol. Him being so strong with magic, and so experienced, Tomoyo knew he would come after them. Her, her daughter, everyone else he held dear, because he would be commanded to. Tomoyo didn't want to think she would have to see Eriol get hurt or even killed, because he wasn't in control of himself anymore.
Syaoran paced back and forth in front of the two ladies. "There has to be a way of finding him." He said out loud.
Tomoyo looked up. "How? You already tried the lasenboard. He could be dead anyway." She said pessimistically.
Sakura looked at her best friend in worry. Tomoyo was always so genki and happy, even as she grew up. Now, she was talking failure and giving up. Sakura didn't like it, not one bit. "Listen, there has to be a way. Eriol-kun is strong, he'll be able to break free." She said, trying to cheer Tomoyo up. Sakura looked up at her husband. "What about sensing for his aura? Combining our powers, we might be able to locate him."
Syaoran shook his head. "He'd hide himself, just like he did when we first met him." He pointed out.
Sakura sighed. There had to be a solution. Suddenly, a familiar blue aura entered her sense. She saw Syaoran stiffen as he sensed it too. Tomoyo caught the looks. "You sense him don't you." She said.
Sakura looked to her friend, as was about to deny it, but saw violet pleading eyes looking back at her, and nodded in response.
Tomoyo stood up out of her friends embrace. "Well, let's go get him then."
Syaoran held up a hand. "Now wait a minute. We can't have you going with us."
Sakura nodded and stood up next to Syaoran. "That's right. That guy might try to capture you too."
Tomoyo frowned. "He's bound to come back here anyways, I'm no more in danger than I am with you."
Sakura smirked. "He may know where you are, but you won't be defenseless." She went to her purse and pulled out her cell phone. She hit the speed dial for her home. The answering machine picked up. "Kero, it's me, pick up the phone."
She heard a click and the guardian answered. What's up Sakura?
"I need you to come to Tomoyo's house right away. Eriol's around and Syaoran and I are going after him. We need you to stay here and make sure no one comes after her."
You got it. I'm on my way. He hung up and Sakura clicked her phone off.
"Kero will be coming to make sure nothing happens." Sakura said.
"Demo-…"
"You're not coming." Syaoran said sternly as he and Sakura opened the door to leave. "You are our good friend. And this is for your good."
Tomoyo frowned. "What do you mean?"
Sakura smirked and gasped as Kero came around the corner. "I'm here."
"Good, get in there." Sakura told the little guardian. Kero flew in and Sakura took out a card. "Lock!"
Tomoyo's eyes widened. "Iie!"
"Now!" Sakura released Lock and trapped Tomoyo inside her house.
Syaoran sighed in relief as he and Sakura took off, ignoring the muffled screams Tomoyo made. "Hopefully, that'll keep anything from getting in or out."
Sakura nodded and jumped in the car after Syaoran and they took off towards their sense.

Meeko and Shinji were laughing and joking, when Meeko stopped dead in her tracks. The others sensed it too. "Key of Clow!" Meeko shouted.
The other three took out their weapons too. But it was too late. Green walls surrounded them and before they knew it, Maze had reared its ugly head and captured them.
"Nani!?" Makoto exclaimed.
Akiko instinctively moved closer to Makoto. "We're…we're in a maze."
"It's the Maze Card." Shinji said.
Meeko looked around. "How do we capture it?"
Shinji turned to Makoto. "We have to find the exit."
Meeko nodded. "Let's go." Then the four set off to locate the exit.

Madoushi laughed as she watched in a magic bubble, the four pesky cardcaptors, get trapped in the maze. "Get in here!" She bellowed.
Hitori came in, still possessed by the demon. "You summoned me." She bowed before Madoushi.
"Yes. Those kids have had a run in with the Maze Card. I want you to go there and capture them once they come out."
Hitori nodded and stood up. "So let it be said, so let it be done." Then she disappeared.

Sakura and Syaoran drove around until they felt Eriol's presence. He was at a familiar part of town, but Sakura couldn't place it. They got out of the car and immediately went on guard. "Where is he?" Sakura wondered. "I know he's here."
"So, my dear friends, come to hunt me down?" A voice said from above them.
Sakura and Syaoran turned and saw Eriol standing on top of one of the buildings. They gasped. His blue eyes glowed red. "Eriol-kun." Sakura said in shock.
"Eriol! Are you alright?" Syaoran asked.
Eriol threw his head back and laughed. "Like you would care! You wanna be Cardcaptors!" He sneered at them. "You remember this place? It was where I would've had your dear Syaoran kill you!"
Sakura gasped and looked around. He was right! Right here…right where she was standing, was where Eriol had used his magic string to possess Syaoran when they were just kids! Syaoran had actually attacked Sakura against his will.
"What happened to you?" Syaoran shouted, getting in front of Sakura.
Eriol glared at Syaoran. "Think you can protect your precious cherry blossom, little wolf? Well guess again!" Eriol threw his hands forward and behind Syaoran, Sakura gasped.
Unseen to the naked and magical eye, Eriol wrapped his string around Sakura, making her take out a card. He fed magic into the string before she could stop him. The Sword Card was activated and Sakura's wand was transformed into a Sword. Sakura fought against it, but she felt her arm raise and bear the sword in front of her. Then in one swift motion, she brought it down, and Syaoran had to duck-roll out of the way.
"Sakura!" He called out in surprise.
Sakura looked up in horror. "He's got me!" Then her wings grew out of her back on their own accord and she flew at Syaoran with incredible speed. Syaoran dodged to the side, but the sword cut into his shirt. Sakura flew into the air and stopped above Eriol. "Syaoran!" She cried out.
Syaoran growled and glared at Eriol. "Let her go. I don't know who you are, but you are not the Eriol who was our friend!"
Eriol sighed. "Oh dear… He found me out." Then he turned back to Syaoran. "I am not the Eriol you knew! I am better than he was! I don't fall for fake friendships like yours! You always hated me and for that I will make you pay!"
Syaoran gasped as he watched Sakura pulled out another card. "Fiery!"

Meeko and Shinji tried flying over the wall with their wings, but to no success. The wall just grew with their velocity. Shinji had tried Sword, but that too fell through. Makoto slammed his fist on the wall. "There is no way out of here!"
Akiko sniffed, trying to be brave and not cry. "First daddy, now I lose mommy too…" She sniffed again.
Makoto seemed uncomfortable seeing her cry like that. He wanted to rush up and comfort her, but didn't know how…
Meeko smirked. Give her a hug…
Makoto looked up in surprise. N-nani?
Meeko tried not to laugh. Go on… you can do it…
Makoto took a visible deep breath, seeable by only Meeko and Shinji, since he saw Meeko smiling broadly. Makoto moved over to Akiko and slowly, unsure-like, wrapped his arms around her.
Akiko felt his arms through her tears and gasped. Makoto froze. Without a second though, Akiko grabbed his shirt and cried into his shoulder. The tension gone, Makoto held his loved one close, letting her know she wasn't alone.
The two had their eyes closed, but Shinji saw behind them, a black hole start to form. "Look out!" He cried out.
Makoto and Akiko jumped apart, but Makoto was unfortunate, because his hand hit the black thing and it sucked him in.
Meeko cried out in horror. "Oniichan!" She dove after him, disappearing in the blackness.
Akiko was about to follow, when Shinji held her back. "We can't get lost too! We have to find a way to bring them back!"
Akiko struggled, and watched as she saw the portal close. "Makoto!!!!!!"

Tomoyo sat in her large house…all alone except for Kero, who sat on the couch's armrest, concentrating his powers on following the battle. He could sense when attacks were released and auras moved, that kind of thing. "Eriol-san's aura…" He said, getting Tomoyo's attention almost immediately. "It's changed. It is reddish now…"
Tomoyo gasped. "Eriol…Iie." She knew what that meant. He wasn't the same person anymore. He was evil now.
Kero frowned. "Nani?" Tomoyo asked.
"The children…" He said, opening his eyes. "I can't sense two of them anymore."
Tomoyo gasped again, her hands visibly shaking. "Akiko…oh Kami-sama, onegai, protect my love and my little one. Onegai." She cried and Kero flew over to pat her on the shoulder.
"They are strong. They will make it all right. Don't you worry." He comforted. At least I hope so…

Syaoran jumped to the side, as the Element flew at him. He wheezed as the hot she-card flew past him, slightly singeing his shirt and arm.
Sakura shrieked. "Syaoran! I can't help it!" She recalled the card with all of her powers, and Eriol growled.
"You think that'll stop me! Ha! I can still defeat you both!" He said.
Syaoran sneered at Eriol. "Yamate! (stop) Before someone gets hurt!"
Eriol laughed. "That's the plan."
"Thunder!" Sakura cried, lightning coming down out of the sky at Li.
"Ahh!" He back flipped out of the way, the lightning landing where he had been a second ago, and forming into Raijuu. Syaoran opened his mouth in shock. He didn't have the Shadow Card to defeat this! What was he going to do!
Sakura sniffed. "Gomennasai, Syaoran."
Eriol smirked. "Try getting out of this one, little wolf."

Outside the Maze, Hitori smirked. Those brats ran into the Return inside Maze! I might not have to capture them at all! They'll never get out of this one.
But never the less, Hitori set her trap at the exit of the Maze Card.

Makoto and Meeko looked around in the darkness. They didn't know where they were…
Meeko shivered. "I don't like this place…It's full of magic."
Makoto nodded his response, and kept his twin close, in case anything happened. He suddenly felt something and took out his sword. Spinning around, he saw none other than…himself?
Meeko gasped. "He looked just like you, demo…it's not!"
Makoto frowned. "Nani?"
Meeko pointed to the girl that appeared next to the figure. "That's mom…when she was ten! Remember the clones!"
At hearing this, both twins jumped back, but the clones simply talked to each other. Makoto frowned. "Why aren't they attacking us?"
Kero appeared behind Sakura, arguing with Syaoran, little veins popping out.
Meeko watched carefully. "This happened in the past."
Makoto turned to his twin in shock. "N-nani?"
Meeko nodded. "This has to be the work of the Return!" She said.
Makoto turned and watched as the ten-year-old Syaoran gasp and reach for his sword. In the next second, he pulled it from its sheath and struck at Sakura.
Sakura moved back just in time, as the sword struck the ground at her feet. Her and Kero were shocked at this.
Meeko gasped. "What is going on?" She moved behind Makoto incase things got ugly.
Makoto frowned as he watched Syaoran hold his own hand down. "I think he's being controlled."
Meeko looked up towards the sky and saw Eriol sitting in a chair, moving strings with his hands like a puppeteer. Syaoran moved at his command charging at Sakura and slashing at her with his sword, cutting at her outfit.
Meeko narrowed his eyes. "Eriol made dad do that!"
Makoto nodded and Syaoran pulled out one of his cards, spraying water all over the place. Sakura and Syaoran saw the strings and cut it using the Sword Sakura Card. Meeko frowned. "Why are we being shown this?"
Makoto looked around, trying to see if there was a way out. "I don't know, but our friends need us…let's get out of here."

Shinji pounded at the Maze wall. "Iie!"
Akiko was worried. "How will we get them out?"
Shinji thought for a moment. "I don't know! They have to make it out themselves."
Akiko gasped. "Iie, Makoto…"
Shinji looked at the very spot where his living angel had disappeared. Meeko…you have to be strong…please come back to me…

Inside the Return, Meeko heard Shinji's plea. "Shinji…" She concentrated her power. She felt him…just to her left.
"I know the way out of here." She said to her brother.
Makoto turned to her. "Where?" He asked, not bothering to ask how she knew, but just wanting to get back to Akiko.
Meeko started walking towards her feeling. Shinji…I'm coming…get us out somehow!

Shinji heard Meeko and smiled. "They're coming!"
Akiko gasped and looked up. "How do you know?"
Shinji blushed. "We…well I…discovered that we are linked."
Akiko smiled. Maybe it'll work for me. She thought. She concentrated on Makoto and felt him in the other dimension. Don't worry. We got a plan.
Shinji called out his staff and took out a card. "Sword!"
Makoto, in the other realm, took out his sword under Meeko's command.
At the same time, Meeko told Makoto to slash the wall at the same time as Shinji did, and a hole was opened up. Meeko smiled as she saw Shinji's face greet her and offer his hand. She took it and both twins made it out as the hole closed.
Makoto turned around and raised his sword. "Return Card! Return to the shape you were meant to be!" Return formed out of the wall, and look at Meeko with sad eyes, before turning into a card and floating to Makoto's hand.
The kids let out a sigh in relief. Then Makoto got an idea. "I can get us out of here!" He threw the new card in front of him. "Return Card! Return us to the time before we entered the Maze!"
A maroon light surrounded the four and they soon found themselves outside the Maze. Meeko whipped around. "Return to the shape you were meant to be! Maze Card!" Maze turned into a card and was awarded to Meeko. She smiled.
Akiko ran up to Makoto and hugged him. "I was so worried about you!" He hugged her back, but they stopped hugging, when a familiar laughter filled the area.
"You fools! You think you are out of the woods yet? You must still face me!"
The four looked up and saw Hitori standing on the tree outside where Maze had just been. "Hitori!" They exclaimed.
"Yes, it's me. You may have defeated two weak cards, but I am no easy task to defeat!" She jumped from the tree and took out her sword in midair, attempting to slash Meeko from shoulder to hip.
Her sword only hit metal, as Shinji blocked the blow. "You have to break the spell!" He said, trying to get through to their classmate.
Makoto took out his sword and tried to hit Hitori from behind, but she pushed Shinji away and blocked the blow behind her, following up with a pinch to Makoto's stomach. He doubled over and Hitori back flipped away from them. "You four are a joke!" She raised her hand and her card materialized in her hand. "Create!"
A cage was formed around the cardcaptors and inside… their weapons disappeared. Hitori smiled as shocked expression showed on their faces. She waved her hand and a mist formed in the air. "Good night, card creeps."
Meeko tried not to breath in, but once she did, sleep over took her and she fell to the ground as did her friends. Hitomi laughed. "Mistress Madoushi will be so pleased." Then she and the cage with the cardcaptors disappeared.

Syaoran was thrown across the room as Raijuu hit him with a lightning attack. Sakura shouted, but couldn't stop it. He collapsed on the floor, Raijuu bearing down on him. Then Raijuu…disappeared.
"Huh?" Questioned Syaoran.
Eriol walked out of the shadows. "It would be far to easy to defeat you that way. I must bring you to my master." He waved his hands and Sakura flew down and kicked Syaoran in the head, knocking him out.
"Thank you very much." Eriol said to the shocked Sakura. "You're job is done." He hit the side of her neck and she fell to the ground besides Syaoran. Eriol smiled and waved his cloak over the two figures…all three of them disappearing into the night.

Kero frowned in growing worry, as the auras seem to disappear.
"Kero," Tomoyo asked. "What's going on?"
He turned to her. "I…I can't sense them."
"Nani?" She asked in shock. This was the mighty Keroberus. Even in his small form he would be able to sense his mistress and her family from anywhere in the world. "What happened."
Kero looked at the ground in sadness. "Only one explanation…They've been captured."