Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Small Wolf's Protector ❯ It's not a Clow Card... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Small Wolf's Protector


Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. Isn't that a shocker? Anyways, about this story. It focuses on the Li family, and on Syaoran more so. This takes place during the time when Eriol first comes to Japan. R/R please! I would like some feedback on this! It's my first shot at a CCS fic. Arigatou Domo! Character thoughts are in brackets. ^_^


Chapter 1: "It not a clow card."

Li Syaroan sweatdropped as Meiling pulled him towards another store. "Meiling, don't you have enough things already?" His wrist was beginning to turn blue, and he was astounded at how much girls could shop. It was a bright September afternoon, and Syaoran had no time to enjoy it to himself because Meiling insisted he go shopping with her.

"Of course not, Syaoran!" Meiling giggled. "I still have to get you something!"

"No you don't," Syaoran interjected quickly. Suddenly he stopped, and in doing so abruptly, Meiling's grip on him was released. She turned around and looked at him curiously. Sayoran's eyes closed as he sensed something. A powerful something.

"What is it Syaoran?" Meiling asked, noticing the look on his face. "Is it a clow card?" The blue haired girl was excited at the prospect of helping 'her' Syaoran capture another card. Syaoran's eyes opened, and she looked at him quizically.

"It's not a Clow Card," Syaoran replied evenly. He then saw the source of the power he was feeling--it was a teenage girl? She was dressed in the high school uniform that Touya's school wear, and her long, layered raven hair came to her waist. "It can't be."

"What can't be?" Meiling asked curiously.

"That girl. She's what I'm sensing, but why?" Syaoran murmered. "I'll see you at home, Meiling. I gotta go." Without giving her time to reply, Syaoran took off in a run. Suddenly, he bumped into someone and landed on his butt. "Gomen ne....Touya?! I'm not sorry then!"

"Chinese gaki, watch where you're going," Touya sneered, as Syaoran got to his feet.

"Shut it, kisama," Syaoran spat, brushing himself off. "I have no time to waste with you." And he again took off in a run before Touya could make some sort of retort. Quickly, he made it to his home, and made a bee-line for the library. Syaoran quickly opened a fairly large book, which had the Li family crest on it. Quickly scanning the pages, he finally found what he was looking for. But, before he could read anymore...

"Syaoran! Phone!" came his guardian's voice.

"Gyah!" Syaoran yelled, as he fell off the stool he was sitting on, falling to the ground with a hard thump. "Ow.." He got up, and painfully made his way over to the phone, and picked it up. "Moshi moshi?"

"Hey Syaoran-kun!" Sakura greeted happily. Syaoran's face turned pink as he reconized who it was. He forced himself to stand up and melt into a chair. "There's a festival today, and I was wondering if you would like to come with Tomoyo and myself?"

"Uh, sure," Syaoran agreed. He figured he would have to tell Sakura about the strange power he had been feeling, and wondered if she felt it too. "Sakura..."

"Hai, Syaoran-kun?"

"Have you felt a strong power lately?"

"Ano...hai, I have. I was wondering about that. It can't be a Clow Card, can it? I mean, I captured all of them."

"I don't know Sakura. I saw a girl at the market today. She was the source of the power. But I don't know who she is."

"We'll find out," Sakura said firmly. "After all, we're cardcaptors!" Syaoran couldn't help but smile on his end. Sakura's endless energy and happiness never ceased to amaze him. Maybe that was what he liked most about her.

"Right. I'll see you later then, Sakura. Ja ne," Syaoran said, then hung up the phone. (I have to find out who this girl is. And if she's friend or foe.)

Author's note: Do you like? If you do, let me know. ^_^

Japanese words used: Ano = "Um".
Hai= "yes."
Kun= a term of respect for a male.
Ja ne= See you later, goodbye in a friendly way
Moshi Moshi= Hello over the phone