Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Small Wolf's Protector ❯ Are you sure about this? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: "Are you sure about this?"


Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. Isn't that a shocker? Anyways, about this story. It focuses on the Li family, and on Syaoran more so. This takes place during the time when Eriol first comes to Japan. R/R please! I would like some feedback on this! It's my first shot at a CCS fic. Arigatou Domo! Character thoughts are in brackets. ^_^



Kinomoto Touya cringed as Nakuru clung to his arm. He looked at Yukito for help, but the other boy merely smiled at his friend. "Get off me," Touya ordered. He and Yukito had been walking peacefully to the market, before Syaoran, that Chinese gaki, ran into him. Now this pest was on his arm. "I don't like you. Get it?"

"You don't mean that," Nakuru said, still on him.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Touya demanded, shaking the girl off of him. "Like at home, another store...somewhere that's not here?" Yukito laughed softly, and tightened his grip on the bag in his hands. The three stopped at the cross-walk. "Look, there's someone else for you to annoy."

"But Touya," Nakuru persisted.

"But nothing! Oh, look, it's that walking guy. Ja ne!" Touya said quickly, as he grabbed Yukito's arm, and pulled him hastily across the street. Nakuru was left standing on the corner, shocked. In his hasty retreat from Nakuru, Touya didn't notice that he had knocked someone over. "Gomen ne!" The girl he had knocked over didn't look at all happy with his apology. She did, however, accept his hand to get up. "I'm very sorry about that."

The girl glared at him, and dusted off her uniform. "I accept your apology. Why were you in such a rush anyway?" She picked up her bag and awaited his answer. Touya admired her for a second. She had long black hair, layered, and was dressed in his school's uniform. She had two red bangs that started from the middle of her head and came down to her chin, framing her face.

"I had to escape this girl that keeps following me," Touya confided. "Name's Kinomoto Touya. You are?" He extended his hand to her.

"Reed Hikari," the girl replied, shaking his hand. "I'm an exchange student from Osaka. It's nice to meet you Touya." She bowed to him, then adjusted the strap on her shoulder-bag. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go. Ja ne."

"Ja...ne," Touya said, as she walked away. "She's...different."

"Reminds me of you," Yukito said fondly. Touya gave him a glare, and huffed. Yukito laughed, and the two began to walk further into the market.

***

Syaoran waited at the entrance of the festival. He had left a note for Meiling and Wei, explaining where he had gone. Hopefully Meiling wouldn't come. He had to talk to Sakura about this new power they felt. The young Li was dressed in a black t-shirt and khaki pants with sneakers. Syaoran closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. Then...

"Syaoran!!" It was the energetic call of Sakura. Syaoran's eyes flashed open, and he saw that Sakura was running towards him, followed by Tomoyo and on Sakura's shoulder was that baka stuffed animal, Kero-chan. "Not surprising, you're early."

"Wouldn't kill you to be early either, Kinomoto," Syaoran chided. His face then turned serious. "I want to talk to you about this new power, Sakura. It might be a new enemy."

"I agree," Sakura nodded. She was wearing a white shirt with a pink vest over, and black pants with sneakers. Tomoyo was looking cute in a yellow dress, and her hair in one thick braid. "I wasn't sure what this new power was, and Kero-chan didn't know either."

"Heh," Syaoran smirked. "So there's something the great Cerberos doesn't know."

"Watch it gaki," Kero-chan snapped, "I can transform into my normal form and--"

"And what?" Syaoran challenged.

"You guys!" Sakura exclaimed, exasperated. "Get along for once! There's something more important going on that you two fighting!" Tomoyo nodded her agreement. Syaoran and Kero-chan looked embaressed, and knew she was right, and they nodded.

"Now come on, let's have a little fun, and you two can do your sluthing also," Tomoyo suggested, brandishing her camera. "Now let's go!" She then started off to go into the grounds, followed by Sakura and Syaoran.

(I wonder if this girl is connected to Clow Reed.) Sakura thought, as Kero-chan began to babble about wanting treats or something. Her eyes then widened as she saw a girl who stood out definately from the crowd she was standing in. (That's her! I'm sure of it) "Syaoran! Is that her?"

"Yeah," Syaoran nodded.

"Should we go talk to her?" Sakura asked.

"I don't know. If anything, she might not know about her powers, like you didn't," Syaoran reasoned. "Maybe we should just follow her. And if it is anything, she would find us first."

"Are you sure about this?" Tomoyo inquired, looking between Syaoran and Kero-chan.

"I hate to admit it," Kero-chan began, "but Syaoran's right. If it's anything for us to worry about, she'll find us. And then we'll see if she's a friend or a foe." (She has a familar aura. From long ago. Hey...what's that around her neck? Clow Reed's symbol! She is definately a decendant of Clow Reed...maybe of his immediate family. If so, then we definately need to know about her. Definately.)


Author's notes: What about this girl? Is she a Decendant of Clow Reed? Review please! Nitpicky-ness welcome! ^_^