Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Totally Confidential ❯ My Darkest Secrets ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: loosely based on the book, Can You Keep A Secret. Only the beginning will be similar to the book.
 
Totally Confidential
By: Aisaki Sumi
 
Chapter One
 
Oh gosh I am so excited. Here I am, sitting comfortably in the business class section of the plane. I'd be lying to you right now if I say I'm really used to flying overseas.
 
There's a little knot in my stomach, but it's no big deal. Sighing contently, I rest my head on the soft cushion. A little artless tune plays in my head.
 
My name is Kinomoto Sakura, the Marketing Executive of Li Coperation, and I'm a top businesswoman at the age of 23. Pretty impressive eh? Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I know soon enough, that position will be mine (when I get my big promotion that is).
 
I mean I'm a pretty decent and hard working person, and relatively responsible too.
 
Anyway, I'm finally going home. I can't help but feel the urge to jump off my chair and scream “I'm finally going back to Japan!” except then everyone would look at me as if I'm some kind of idiot slash mentally unstable person who needs immediate psychiatric attention.
 
My business trip to the States hadn't exactly been great. It didn't follow my plan, but that's life isn't it? Life is always unpredictable and things happen and people move on. I clear my throat a little as the memories of my supposedly big business meeting play in my head.
 
It was supposed to be my big chance to prove myself to the world the kind of professional businesswoman I am. But somehow things got a little out of hands and the meeting with the big American marketing executives didn't go that great.
 
And it totally wasn't my fault that the cup of coffee decided to fly out of my hand during my presentation and landed on Mr. Brandon's head, the marketing executive of the well-known Brandon Corporation.
 
I swear it was an accident. I got really excited about our latest product and somehow, my coffee just decided it wants to play the role of “random flying objects”. But I DID volunteer to pay for his expensive designer suit though after the incident. But I think that only pissed him off even more.
 
Anyway, it was a total disaster and I don't even want to think about it. Right now, my mind is filled with happy thoughts of home and Tomoyo, my roommate, and my lovely Gucci bags. I spent a fortune on them, but they're so totally worth it.
 
Tomoyo's probably making me a lovely welcome-home-Sakura cake right now. I let out a small squeal and the capped guy next to me gives me a shifty eye which I promptly ignore. He is wearing a white Fila cap, and a pair of really stylish sunglasses, a white Nike sports sweater and a pair of tennis shorts. He gives me the really athletic kind of vibes.
 
He has a really delicately shaped face, a small nose and really nice lips. He reminds me of a Japanese movie star, in a way, and a part of me wonders if I should take off his sunglasses when he is asleep and take a look at his handsome face. Just to confirm my suspicion you know.
 
I mean, it would totally suck if I missed out on this rare opportunity of meeting a true celebrity. Maybe he'll even become attracted to me and ask me to marry him and go on tours. I almost sighed at the beauty of my bright future with a rich and handsome man as my husband.
 
I smooth out my designer suit, and take out my make up kit. Gotta reapply my make up while he's looking out at the pale blue sky, I tell myself as I fix my eye shadow.
 
A girl must always look her best when she's around super stars. She must also be prepared to fangirl and worship her idol.
 
I flicker up a glance at him occasionally, only to find him staring into the vacant space. He isn't even looking at me. Just then, the air hostess shows up with drinks and snacks. “What would you like to drink, miss?” She asks me politely with a kind smile on her face.
 
“Um Pepsi please.” I look over at the drinks and my eyes immediately spot my favorite soft drink. The air hostess beams at me as she takes out a paper cup for me and pours a newly opened can of pepsi into my empty cup.
 
“Here you go miss.” She passes it down to me. I mutter a quick thank you and watch her turning to ask the quiet guy next to me.
 
“Sir, what would you like to drink?” She inquires again in her highly professional and polite air-hostess-tone. He inclines his head slightly to look at her before mumbling out his order.
 
“Just some champagne will do.”
 
“Alright, one glass of French Champagne's coming up.” She murmurs to herself brightly as she grabs a fresh bottle of champagne and pours some of the clear liquid into his cup.
 
He takes it with a small nod of appreciation and turns around to face the window again before I could start a conversation with him.
 
What a cold and ungrateful guy… I glare hard at him and decide to ignore him for the rest of the trip. If he decides to talk to me, I'll just pretend the wind is whistling. I nod to myself in agreement as I stare at the ceiling. Just a few more hours and I'll be back to Japan.
 
I have so much stuff to talk about when I get back and Tomoyo's going to love my stories! I look down to see what sort of magazines they have and to my surprise, they have my favorite magazine, Seventeen. Yes I know it's a teenage girls' magazine, but hey, I'm still a teenage girl at heart!
 
I flip it open, eyes scanning down the content section of the magazine to find anything interesting, and there I spot an interesting article called “30 Things to Do Before You're 30”. Just when I am about to read the long list of Must-Dos, I hear a loud thump coming from the wings of the plane.
 
My eyes widen with fear and shock as I try to process what is going on. Just then, the plane gives another violent jolt. A man sitting in front of me is shaken out of his seat and is falling to the side when he tries to maintain his balance. The article lies on my lap, temporarily forgotten as I grip as tightly as I can onto the arms of my seat.
 
Oh my god! We're going to die!!
 
Some girl gives out a loud scream as the plane produces another strange sound that isn't comforting at all at a moment like this. It sounds like the engine is going to light on fire and explode or something.
 
The cabin crew are all strapping themselves into their sets. One of the hostesses has blood on her hand. I hear someone praying loudly behind me, begging the Almighty God to save us. I feel my stomach flip. The smell of fear heavy in the air, filling my nostrils and making me want to puke.
 
This is what happens to other people in their planes, people on safety videos. This kind of thing doesn't happen in reality. At least not in my reality anyway.
 
“Please keep calm,” the captain is saying. “We are just experiencing a turbulence that is all.”
 
Keep calm?! Are you kidding me?! We are all gonna die!! We are all goners!! Oh my god! This can't be happening to me!! I'm still young and have a bright future a head of me! I'm just starting to enjoy life and making an okayish amount of money! If I die right now, how am I ever going to become a marketing executive, a top businesswoman?!
 
“We are going to die!!!” I screech, gripping onto the arms of the seat as if I'm hanging onto my life.
 
 
“I'm…sorry?” the guy next to me says, his face slightly tense and white. I don't know if it is the fault of the lighting, or he is actually scared like me, like the rest of the people boarding this commercial plane.
 
I stare into his shielded eyes and catch a glimpse of those eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. They are…beautiful. I feel a faint warmth spreading on my cheeks as I realize, he is actually very attractive and handsome. Another loud scream brings me back to reality and I glance at him frantically in horror.
 
He could be the last person I see before I die. Well at least I'll die with a cute guy. No don't think about that you baka! I yell at myself for even harboring such negative thoughts. Although I do have to admit, the fact that he's really good-looking does make me feel slightly better about my situation.
 
“We're going to die!” I repeat, with horror flashing in my eyes.
 
The plane is jolting and suddenly descending and ascending. Our luggage from the cabinet is falling out. Drinks and food are being thrown to different directions and onto different people. Even the air hostesses look slightly pale. The emergency sign is flashing brightly in front of me, almost blinding me in a sense.
 
“We're not going to die,” the guy says, although he is holding tightly onto the arms of his seat. He is hardly convincing by looking like that. “They said we're just experiencing a turbulence that's all.” I can hear the uncertainty in his voice. I mean who isn't scared right now?
 
“Of course they say that!” I can hear the hysteria in my own voice. “I mean just look at us right now! Of course they wouldn't want to say `okay folks, that's it, we are all goners'!” The plane gives another terrifying swoop and I find my self clutching the guy's hand in panic.
 
“We're not gonna make it! I know we are not! Oh my god I can't believe this is it!! I'm 23 years old for god's sake! My life is just beginning! I'm not ready to die!! I haven't got my promotion yet! I've never had children. I've never saved a life. I've never explored the world…” My eyes fall randomly on the 30 Things To Do Before You're 30 Article.
 
“I haven't ever climbed a mountain, I haven't got a tattoo, I don't even know if I've got a G spot…” I trail off, my speech suddenly becomes incoherent.
 
“I'm sorry?” The cute guy says, sounding taken aback. He is staring at me with those beautiful and mesmerizing eyes, but I hardly bear him.
 
“My career's a complete joke. I'm not a top businesswoman or marketing executive. I'm just some crappy assistance and I just blow my first big meeting. I almost fell asleep when they were talking about some new product thingy…I don't even understand half of the big words they were using. I still owe my dad money and my brother's going to laugh at me because I'm never going to get that promotion I wanted so badly.”
 
“And you know what the worst thing is? I've ever been in love! Oh my god I'm gonna die as a virgin and I don't even know how to kiss guys!” Before I know how to stop myself, my mouth just babbles on, blurting out my darkest secrets.
 
“I've never done anything my dad can be proud of! In fact I'm a lazyass and I can't even cook properly without burning down my kitchen.” The words spill out of my mouth. “I'm always clumsy and stupid and I can't do anything right.”
 
“I'm sure…that's not true.” The guy says softly, but I know he's just being nice.
 
“No it's completely true. I wasted a lot of my dad's money when I was in university. After I got out, all I could find was a crappy job at one of the biggest corporations in Asia while my brother already has a company of his own.”
 
“He always teases me about being unsuccessful and all. My career is a joke and everyone in my family likes me make fun of me. And when I thought I could prove myself this time at this big meeting I went to in the States, everything turned out to be a total disaster.”
 
“I actually weigh 110 pounds but I tell people that I weigh only 100 pounds. But I'm going on a diet anyway, so that does not count as lying.”
 
“I've never had a boyfriend in my entire life. I tell myself that I'm just waiting for the right guy to show up, but I know I'm just kidding myself. Girls like me can't get any guy.”
 
“I'm still a virgin, but I lie to people that I lost my virginity at the after party of Prom just so they won't laugh at me.”
 
“I have the smallest desk in the office, and just the other day, we got a new desk and this horrible girl named Yoko took it.”
 
“She's always mean to me and so I take my anger out on her favorite spider plant by watering it with coffee instead of water, since we have the crappiest coffee ever and my boss doesn't like it when we waste it.”
 
“There's this really nice girl named Sakuno at work, and we use a secret code to get out of the office. She always asks `Hey Sakura can I go over some numbers with you' which means `Let's go to Starbucks for a cup of normal coffee'.”
 
“I broke my boss's favorite World Cup mug the other day and I hid the shards in my drawer underneath all the documents. When he asks for it, I just whistle and blame it on the cleaning lady for its disappearance.”
 
“The other day I had this weirdest dream about my best friend. But I didn't tell her about it. God I need a man in my life before I turn into a lesbian.”
 
“My favorite food is Chocolate Chips Sundae.”
 
“I say I read Shakespeare's plays, but I really don't. They're the most boring thing on earth!”
 
“I didn't exactly get a good mark in university, but I say I got a 4.0 because I really wanted my job.”
 
“I get really emotional and drawn into a drama. Last time, when I was watching `Fall's Fairytale', this really good Korean drama. I ended up crying three buckets of water and 5 piles of tissue paper and I was upset and gloomy for a week.”
 
“I love Pink Cocktails. They're the best drink ever! But I have a low tolerate capacity for alcohol. After two shots, I become really drunk and start talking nonsense and I'll answer anything you ask me.”
 
“I'm actually a size 10, but I tell people that I'm a size 8.”
 
“My dad buys the worst kind of presents but I still pretend I like them.”
 
“I cry every time I hear the song `First Love' by Utada Hikaru.”
 
“I fried my best friend's gold fish, Satoshi, the other day when I was cleaning our apartment. I was washing its tank and I couldn't just leave it on the desk you know, so I put it onto a frying pan and poured some water in there and left it on the windowsill under the sun. By the time I finished cleaning Satoshi was already fried. So I had to go out and buy Tomoyo a new gold fish.”
 
“I really hope she doesn't go check if it's a guy or a girl `cause I totally forgot about the gender part when I bought it. I mean as long as they look alike, I'll be fine right? And besides, do gold fish even have genders?”
 
“I wish had bigger boobs. I mean, they don't have to be HUGE, but just a bit bigger. I look too flat. So I buy these Victoria's secret bras and fill them up with tissues to make my boobs look bigger.”
 
I just can't stop myself. Once I opened my mouth, I can't close it. All the embarrassing things I've never told anyone about, not even Tomoyo, my best friend, I've told this guy I barely know of.
 
I am unaware of everything around us. The world seems to have narrowed down to me and this stranger and my mouth, spewing out all my innermost thoughts and secrets. I barely know what I'm saying anymore. All I know is: it feels good. Is this what therapy is like?
 
“I always like guys with amber eyes. And my perfect dream guy has them. He's like a knight in shining armor, really romantic and sweet. I honestly don't care if he's rich or poor, or if he's famous, I just want to be with someone who I can be totally honest with. I mean isn't that what relationship's all about?”
 
“I really want a big romance, something thrilling and exciting and wild. I've been a good school girl for most of my life and I have never been wild before.”
 
“Excuse me Miss?”
 
“Huh?” I look up dazedly and I see the air hostess smiling down at me.
 
“We've landed.”
 
I blink and stare at her in disbelief.
 
“We've landed?” I echo, refuse to believe my own ears.
 
She gives me a nod and points at the window. I follow the direction of her hand and see the plane resting safely on the ground. We have landed safely.
 
I feel somewhat stupid and dazed. A second ago I was watching my life flashing before my eyes and now everything's settled down.
 
“We aren't bumping anymore.” I say stupidly.
 
“We stopped bumping a while ago actually.” The guy next to me says, an implicit amusement lace within his words.
 
“We're not going to die.”
 
“Nop, we're not going to die.” He agrees.
 
I turn to look at him and realize I've been blabbering non-stop for an hour to this complete stranger. Only God knows what I've been saying. I feel the warmth spreading out on my cheeks and he simply smiles at me, but I can see the faint amusement glinting behind those sunglasses.
 
I think I want to get off this plane right now and never think about this again.
 
“I'm sorry, I babbled so much, you should have stopped me.” I look down shamefully.
 
“I think that would've been a bit difficult, you were on a roll.” Oh god I want to kill myself right now. Here I am, embarrassing myself in front of a cute guy and a random stranger too.
 
I'm beyond embarrassed. I try to smile, but I can't even look at him in the eye. I mean, I just told him all of my most embarrassing secrets. I told him about how I don't like my boobs, I told me my actual weight.
 
“I'm so sorry. God I'm so embarrassed!”
 
“Don't worry about it. We were all pretty stressed out.” He stands up and picks up his gym bag. “Anyway, don't worry about it.” He casts me a small assuring smile and strolls pass me.
 
I slowly gather my things together and make my way off the plane. My hair is in a mess and I feel sweaty and exhausted. I can't wait to get home and curl on the couch and gossip away about the most random things with Tomoyo in our apartment.
 
Oh well, at least I won't ever see him again so there's really no reason for me to stress over it. After all, he's just a random stranger.
 
But what I didn't know is that this random stranger whom I confessed all my secrets to is the young heir of the Li Cooperation and he is going to be my new, BIG boss.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
A/N: Very long first chappie XD. Sucky attempt at humour. I'm more of an angst writer. Please let me know if I should continue this or not!
 
Oh and I'm looking for a beta for this story. Drop me a review and let me know if you wanna help me beta this story!!
 
Disregard all mistakes. Blink and you'll miss them.
 
Remember to review and if asked nicely enough I'll quickly attach another chappie.