Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Touu ❯ Longing for another ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Touu

Written by: Subaru Shôjo

<…> thoughts, "…" talking english, "*…*" talking Japanese.

Part 1: Longing for another

It was a rainy afternoon in November over the streets of a town in the elegant England, a young woman of grayish black hair walked by the streets below the roof of a mall hugging herself tightly.

Her amethyst eyes were covered in a blurry haze of confusion and pain. She had done high school and now she was starting college. Her mother always wanted her daughter the best college in textile design, and it was on a town near London. Even she begged to stay in her natal country her mother refused. She wanted to see her daughter having success in the matters she liked the most. Confection and design.

But the she would miss her dearest Sakura-chan, well not as much she would miss her. Because Li's mother accepted that his son could finish high school in Japan. There was Li to comfort Sakura-chan in her absence.

But who could comfort her? She was alone in England, she had few friends ever since she came there…

>I wish the rain to cease…< She sighed making the hot vapor come out from her trembling mouth. She rubbed her arms so she could make some warmth, her eyes almost closed. Since the day she came to London, her shinny smile and attitude had gone to the depths of nowhere. It was now a shadowy mask involved with grief and bitterness…every wish, every hope was a waste of time…her unique light and hope was to return to Tomoeda. She wish she could feel Sakura's warmth in one simple hug. She wished that at least she could be near her, maybe not the way she wanted, but, by just having her only a moment…that would ease the pain.

She turned both sides of the sidewalk as she saw the people passing by, with the iciest features but with such elegant beauty. Very coldhearted people indeed…

Instead Sakura-chan had always had that warm and kind expression over her sweet features, she always was there for her.

Her shinny green orbs warming any hard or difficult situation. Sakura-chan was so different from these people…It was a shame that in here could exist so many coldhearted people, so many closed people, persons that were so exotically beautiful.

Yes, beautiful. They had something on their surroundings that made her not to feel that awful. Another different culture to study filled of elegancy and fragility. Its buoyancy and tranquility made people like little porcelain dolls, rarely attractive.

But sometimes she missed that warm smile, the smile that made her day shine.

>If I don't hurry, they will suspend me a whole week. And I can't miss any class because it will be the final design…< She thought, her brows forming a simple frown. Then she sighed as the rain poured vigorously over the streets. She bit her bottom lip as she gained some courage to run in the rain. Her eyes shut as she tightened her embrace, every drop made its merciless way to her white skin. Goosebumps were electrifying all her body; she opened her eyes as some droplets fell from her thick lashes.

She ran as fast as she could the fog was expanding so she couldn't see well. She kept running as the rained ceased…She looked around, the lanterns were already turned on, and night fell over the place. She was alone and the lanterns' light wasn't helping that much. She decided to walk a little bit further, maybe she could find a place to stay or to have a phone call. She sighed in defeat, when she saw a higlight on her right side. A nightclub, it didn't seem a cheap one, it was sort of elegant.

She entered to the nightclub hugging herself tightly, Goosebumps weren't helping that much, her robes were soaked and her hair was all messed up too. All the people from each luxurious table was staring at her, with air of supremacy. She lowered her head even she could feel all those gazes stabbing her trembling figure. A waitress that had been observing her was touched by her innocent face.

She walked to her as she guided her behind the scenery. Where young men and woman were changing their costumes for a different show. Finally, with a smile, she thanked the waitress for her hospitality. The waitress smiled at her in return telling her that she may grab any attire to change those soaked ones. Then the waitress went back to work.

She looked in all the boxes any clothes that could fit her. A smirk tugged down her face, this people needed a better designer. Then she remember the times she made Sakura-chan's battle costumes. Another smile formed on her pale face while she began to dress. Then she got out from the corner as she stepped in front of a mirror. She smiled naively while she gave a step back tripping with someone behind. She lost her balance falling backwards, she shut her eyes tightly as she expected to thud in the floor. But she didn't, two strong arms supported her grabbing her tightly from her waist.

"*¡Oh! ¡Gomen nasai!*" she said automatically, forgetting she wasn't in Japan anymore. Then she turned to look at her savior…

"Don't worry…so, If you excuse me…" the young man said walking to the stage. She couldn't see him perfectly, because he turned away immediately. All she could see was his ebony-blue hair and his broad back. She looked puzzled at him, and then she turned away as she crushed into someone's chest. It was a big fat man with a husky mustache and deep brows.

"Who are you?" he said in a deep voice. She only gulped as she backed off. Then the kind waitress came up running placing herself between her and the fat man.

"I brought her, she was soaked and I gave her some clothes to change" she said in a beautiful English accent.

"Well, she's ready, now she may go" the fat man retorted. The waitress made a face.

"Albert it's raining outside! She will get soaked again! After the show I'll drive her to her house" She said surely. The fat man doubted a bit then he glared at her.

"Where do you live?!" The fat man commanded. She straightened as she gulped more.

"I live in Saint Thomas boarding school" she said timidly.

"That's far away from here, you'll never get there with this rain. You may stay here but you must do something" he said more calmly.

"She can attend tables with me sir." The waitress suggested. The fat man shook his head.

"There are too many waitresses and waiters…Do you play any instrument? Do you sing?" the man asked giving her more options.

She smiled widely…

She rapidly was being arranged by all the girls and woman behind the stage.

"What's your name?" the waitress said while she was brushing her long grayish locks.

"Tomoyo, Daidouji Tomoyo" she said shyly. The waitress grinned.

"Not from here, eh? From Eastern lands I reckon…"she said. Tomoyo nodded while she saw the girls work on her hair.

"Mine is Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz, nice to meet you…" she said bowing her head. Tomoyo giggled as she tried to do the same. The other girls started to put some make up while they chatted and laughed about some funny situations between them.

"Well, for being eastern, your English is quite good!" Liz said amazed giggling with her. Tomoyo nodded.

"Well, not that good but I try…" she said, but then her attention was drawn by five young men that were walking up into the stage.

"Who are they?" She asked curiously. Liz leaned out as a smile crept into her lips.

"They are the best orchestra in all England. And oh my lord! They are sooo gorgeous! Well the best of them is…" Liz was cut by the fat man; Albert.

"Is she ready?" He asked with worry on his voice. Liz nodded as she pushed Tomoyo down to the hall. Then she could see a red-headed man with sky blue eyes.

"And that ladies and gentlemen was Memories! The most popular orchestra in all England! So let's give them a huge applause!" the redheaded man said as all the people from each table stood up applauding them. The five young men stood up as they bowed at the same time. Tomoyo could only see the back of each one of them. Two of them had ebony-blue hair, but one of them had broader back than the other one. Beside those two there were one blonde and one redheaded. The last one had dark brown hair. As the applauses began to fade each one of them made their way to their own instrument. All of them had serious and tranquil features, as she saw on the streets…exotically beautiful. They couldn't be more than 18, she calculated them in a rank of 16-18…

As they sat on the respective place, Tomoyo could see each one's features; the one with ebony-blue hair had bright blue eyes, pinkish skin and long thing hands that massaged each cord of the cello. The blonde one, had a wide smile on his face with fine white teeth matching perfectly with his olive green eyes, and a darker pink pigmented his skin.

His hands were large and long, they seemed stronger as he played the cords of the guitar. The redheaded one had violet-blue eyes, little freckles were spilled over his nose and cheeks, his smooth tiny but slim hands played the drums and percussions. The one touching the violin so gently was the one with dark brown hair, he had green eyes too. But his were much lighter than the blonde's ones. A timid smile was playing on his thin lips, his eyes demonstrated the love he had for his violin, he felt the music. But the one she couldn't see, was the one that was on the piano, Tomoyo could only see his ebony-black hair, and his white slim long hands, which danced in the ivory and white keys gently. So smoothly it seemed that he wasn't really touching them. Tomoyo smiled at this, she remembered the time when she and…

"Tomoyo! You're next! I envy you! You're going to do your show accompanied with those precious!" Liz said with overwhelmed happiness. Tomoyo stayed there in a mild state of shock. SHE was going to do something with a celebrity? She couldn't believe it. Liz dragged her to the stairs that lead to the stage. As the red-headed walked up to introduce her. Liz had to go as more people arrived, it was a popular nightclub indeed.

"Well ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have a new guest, she's a young precious lady. Let's give an applause to Damayo!" the red-headed yelled to the public. The people applauded as Tomoyo grabbed her hands tightly. She gulped as the reflectors almost blinded her. Liz grabbed the red-headed violently as she gritted her teeth.

"Sam, it's Tomoyo, not Damayo!" Liz hissed. Sam only smiled sheepishly.

"What the hell! She's already there so…it isn't my fault that her parents gave her such a name!" he said nonchalantly. Liz pushed him a little as she hummed to serve the tables.

The drums had given her the starting compass, she closed her eyes gently, while her thick lashes seemed a black waterfall lying on a white snowy surface. Her lips curved, for a first time, in a real thin smile. Her lips were accentuated with the shinny gloss that gave a watery appearance, and the shadows on her eyes deepened the surface of her eyelids. Not to much make up to make this effects happen. The reflectors' lights played more effects over her pale skin. She opened her mouth, the last compass to let her enter…

Words were making on her mind, while the music soothe her…she let another smile as she began to sing;

Fly me to the Moon

And let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and mars.

In other words, hold my hand…

In other words, darling, kiss me…

Tomoyo was lost with the melody that made her soul shiver. While the young man on the piano was playing among the keys charmed by the melody that his fingers made over each piece of ebony and ivory.

Fill my heart with sun

And let me sing forever more.

You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

In other words, please be true!

In other words, I love you!

But not only his piano make him lost completely over Frank Synatra's song… it was this girl's tone…

Fly me to the moon… (the song starts all over again)

Only you…

Only you…

The young man was shocked at the last tone of those words. He slowly turned while he still was playing the piano, his eyes were wide open, as a tender smile formed on his lips…

Fill my heart with sun

And let me sing forever more.

You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

In other words, please be true!

In other words, I love you!

In other words, I love you!

Finally her voice faded as the music faded too into nothing. Tomoyo finally opened her eyes slowly, shading her eyes from the light. All the public stood up and applauded her vigorously. She smiled politely, then she bowed, some flowers were thrown to her, most of them from the vases that decorated each table. But she didn't seem to mind at all. Then she felt someone staring at her intensely, she looked back as she saw the man she tripped with. Her eyes widened as he gave her a smile.

<That smile…> she thought. Then she looked at his grayish blue eyes and the glasses that he had on them. She was staring more time than she should; she turned away her stare as she went down the stairs. All the orchestra congratulated her each one introduced him politely. Tomoyo grinned as they were fighting to introduce themselves. The blonde one was Alex, the redheaded one was Jonathan, the ebony-blue haired was Peter and the dark brown haired was Patrick.

"Well, we liked playing along with you Mss. Tomoyo" Patrick said shaking Tomoyo's hand…again. Jonathan pushed aside Patrick as he grinned widely.

"Excuse my friend's behavior, he hasn't seen a female in years!" Jonathan chuckled. Patrick elbowed him.

"It's not female you idiot! It's woman or lady! We are not talking about a dog for bloody sake!" Alex hissed Jonathan.

"Hey! I've seen ladies! Look at all my fans!" Patrick pointed the mass of girls shouting behind them. Peter rolled his eyes.

"They are not claiming for you Patrick, they are claiming for me!" Peter declared. Patrick glared at Peter as he elbowed him too. Jonathan seemed to be searching for someone. Tomoyo was laughing as hard as she almost bent from the pain it had caused.

"Hey! Where's that bloody fox!" Jonathan said perking his head up. Alex did the same while Peter and Patrick were still bothering each other.

"You are five, don't you?" Tomoyo asked counting the heads. Alex nodded with a gentle smile.

"Yes, we're missing…" Alex almost said but Jonathan who shouted cut him off.

"There you are! You bloody fox! Again flirting with those ladies! You're such a pity!" Jonathan scolded a taller young man, well actually Jonathan was the shortest of all. He wasn't that short but a comparison to the other ones he was just…pettite.

"How many times should I tell you, that one thing is flirting woman and another one being chased by them" the taller young man answered in a smooth, deep voice with hints of exasperation. Jonathan arched a brow smiling wryly.

"Now you're trying to be modest, eh?! For your bloody sake! Don't you have any tiny bit of reason or unassuming nature?" Jonathan said scratched his forehead.

"Well, promise me one thing" Jonathan went a little bit serious…the taller man relaxed, and then he nodded.

"You won't try to take Tomoyo from us! Give us her at least! Look all the fans you have over there!" Jonathan pointed the crowed that shouted his name. Immediately the taller young man looked at her again with that smile. Tomoyo flushed a little staring aside.

"What did I tell you?! Did you even listen to me! Hey! Eriol!!" Jonathan was shouting as Eriol was making his way to her. Tomoyo's eyes widened as her suspicions were right.

"Hiragizawa-kun..." she murmured softly. Eriol smiled broadly. Then he bowed.

"Daidouji-san…" he murmured in a sweet and fragile but deep voice. "Nice to see you again…it's been a long time"

"Indeed…" she murmured…not knowing what to say.

"You sang lovely Daidouji-san, you haven't lost your gift" he said proudly.

"Neither do you Hiragizawa-kun" she responded absently as her amethyst eyes traveled along her childhood classmate…they weren't friends, did they?…she traveled her eyes in any feature age had changed. He was certainly much taller and broader. His grayish-blue eyes showing the same serenity, wisdom and coolness every British had.

He had the same hairstyle a little bit longer, some strands of hair still falling graciously over his eyes. His same pale but ivory skin, that highlighted his eyes and hair, making it mystically attractive. Maybe that's why Jonathan was so jealous of him. He wore a gray long coat, with a black vest and pants. And a white long sleeved shirt with a navy tie that matched with his hair.

Meanwhile, Grayish blue eyes made their traveling too…

She was now taller, the dress that she wore accentuated every curve of her well formed body. Some curls fell graciously over her shoulders, as the rest of her hair was fastened up in a bun. Her eyes didn't showed that happiness and tenderness she had in her elementary school years. The pale purple of her iris was shaded with her pupils making a soothing and maturing result. Her features were almost the same, but that make up accentuated them more. Her thin lips shone like water as her eyelids seemed like desert dunes. Her thick lashes caressing her cheeks every time she blinked. Every tiny detail was kept…

"Is there something wrong?" Tomoyo asked. Eriol shook his head.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" he offered, Tomoyo shook in denial.

"No thanks, Liz is going to leave me…" she said waving Liz in the distance. Liz came bouncing happily as she leaned both hands on Eriol's shoulder.

"So you know each other?" Liz asked with a bright smile. Tomoyo nodded.

"We were in the same elementary school" Eriol answered. Liz looked thoughtfully for a moment.

"Were you friends?" she asked.

"Just classmates" Tomoyo shortly answered for Eriol's awe.

"So would you like me to drop you on St. Thomas?" Liz asked again.

"Yes please…" Tomoyo said politely.

"Saint Thomas? The Textile Designing Boarding School?" Eriol asked quite curious.

"Yes" she responded.

"I'll take her with me" Eriol said in a hush. Liz's eyes went wide then she frowned.

"No, I said I will" she declared. Eriol gave her a meaningful look.

"Liz, you're tired, and I don't want you to go those places at this time." He said showing a little bit of worry. Then he dropped a smile on his lips. Making Liz to surrender…

"All right, take care you two. It's been a pleasure to meet you!" Liz said waving them from the exit door. Jonathan and the others were waving too.

"Again he stole us another gorgeous female!!! What does he has that we don't?" Jonathan said sniffing a bit, looking at his defeat.

"How many times should I tell you women aren't dogs, you know! So don't say female!" Alex whacked him on the head.

"He has magic…" Liz sighed. Peter arched a brow.

"Magic? Eriol Hirawizaga…magic?" Jonathan said wryly.

"No kidding! Eriol as a magician?! Get out of here!" Patrick mocked. Peter agreed.

"Come on boys! It's like an idiom, I think our Lizie has some crush with our buddy!" Alex announced. Liz straightened up blushing furiously.

"Screw him! He conquers all the females! And what about the poor little Jonnie?!" Jonathan sniffed again.

"It's not `females' Jonnie…God, that sounds weird…" Alex said feeling nervous and worried.

"Well at least I have the same color of hair! That gives me fame!" Peter said merrily.

"Now that was a stupid observation Peter! No one cares if you have Eriol's same color of hair!" Alex retorted.

"Well, can we just stop? We're like bunch of ladies discussing of nonsense!" Patrick snapped angrily.

"Yeah, that's what women make us…" Peter said in a slow tone.

"Really Pete, what are you smoking?" Jonathan said examining Peter.

"I said enough!" Patrick whacked Jonathan in the head. Jonathan rubbed his new bump.

"Come on Jonathan…It's 3:45 A.M. give him a break. Everyone slows down at this time…" Alex said patting Jonathan's head.

"Ouch! But not that slow…" Jonathan said bashing away Alex's hand. Alex and Patrick only rolled their eyes.

"They are excellent in music…" Alex began.

"But they are a bunch of losers aside from that" Patrick finished.

Liz only sighed at the full moon that was now illuminating the streets.

End of Part 1