Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ True Colors ❯ True Colors ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

True Colors
Fandom: Cardcaptor Sakura
Pairings: Touya/Yuki
Rating: PG, maybe PG-13…
Summary: I dunno. Song got stuck in my head and these two decided to follow the lyrics. Pointless Fluff.
Disclaimer: Don't own CCS or any of Phil Collins' songs. I wouldn't be writing this here if I did. No money made and infringement intended.
 
 
You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
 
“Hey, Yuki,” Touya said, attempting to get his best friend's attention. The silver-haired boy had been so quiet lately, so distant, and it bothered Touya that he would not talk about it.
 
“Hmm? What is it, Touya?” Yukito asked, eyes slowly becoming clear again.
 
The taller male paused. What could he say? He would not force Yukito to talk about it, but he wanted to know, so badly, what was wrong. “Is…is there anything bothering you?”
 
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness, inside you
Can make you feel so small
 
Yukito paused. Could he really tell Touya what was going on in his mind, in his heart? He had been wanting to tell him for so long. But, no, Touya was too nice, too clean, to be bothered with the darkness that was inside of him.
 
“Oh…no, just have a bit on my mind,” he answered finally, hoping this would appease his companion for now.
 
“Hn…anything you want to talk about?”
 
“No…it's all right. I'm fine.” He flashed another one of his fake smiles.
 
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that
's why I love you
 
He really hated it when he did that, tried to hide everything behind the grin that did not cover much at all. He saw through the guise every time and, while he loved the fact that he could see Yukito's true self, it pained him to see how much he was trying to bury.
 
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true
colors
True colors, ohh, beautiful l
ike a rainbow
 
“Yuki, you know…that you don't have to pretend around me, right?” Touya broached the subject carefully, not sure how the other would react.
 
The blood flowing through Yukito froze. “What are you talking about? Pretending?” Oh dear Lord, do not let him do this, not now. This was only supposed to be a simple walk home, not some deep conversation.
 
Touya saw the panic and paused, wondering if this really was a smart idea.
 
Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
 
He stopped walking and waited until Yukito noticed. “I…I don't even remember the last time you laughed, like you were really happy,” he said softly, angry at himself now for some odd reason. He glanced up, seeing the pained expression on Yukito's face, and found himself pinning the smaller boy to a wall.
 
“T-Touya!” Yukito exclaimed, shocked. What was he doing?
 
“You don't even really smile anymore,” Touya continued, resting his forehead on Yukito's shoulder.
 
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there
 
Yukito sighed quietly. Touya was right, and it pained him slightly to hear it all so bluntly. Reaching up, he placed his hand on the back of Touya's hair for both comfort and apology.
 
“If you ever need anything,” his voice was hushed, aimed toward the ground, “don't be afraid to ask me, okay? I'm here for you.”
 
The care in his voice almost brought tears to Yukito's eyes.
 
And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
That's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Oh, Like a rainbow
 
“I know,” Yukito whispered, dropping his hand. Why did he have to care so much for the raven in front of him?
 
Slowly, Touya stood back up and released his hold on his friend. “C'mon, let's get going. Sakura will probably throw a fit if we're not back soon.”
 
“That reminds me, how are Sakura and Shaolan doing?”
 
Show me a smile
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
 
“Damn brat,” Touya muttered darkly. The boy really was a pain, dating his little sister. She was too young for that!
 
The anger suddenly radiating from his companion at the mere mention of the boy's name made Yukito laugh. He doubted they would get along any time soon.
 
As quickly as the rage filled him, it vanished when he heard the soft chuckles beside him, and he found himself smiling in mild relief. Maybe everything would work out all right after all.
 
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
Because you know I'll be there
 
They arrived at the Kinomoto residence soon after and found Sakura and Shaolan curled up together on the couch, Sakura sleeping on Shaolan's shoulder. Touya fumed for a moment, but did not yell, not wanting to wake his sister. He would let it go for now, but there would be hell to pay later.
 
“We'll be upstairs if you need us,” Yukito said with a small smile, pushing Touya ahead of him for the climb to the second floor.
 
“Damn brat,” Touya said again, glaring at the door.
 
Such sad eyes
Take courage now
Realize
 
“Hey,” the black-haired boy started to say, but stopped when he caught Yukito's expression.
 
He was staring at a picture of them, where he had slung an arm around Touya's shoulders and smiled brightly. Touya was merely looking back at him in the photo, a feeling of peace coming forth from his eyes.
 
Yukito nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt arms wrap around his shoulders, nearly waking Yue, but there was no danger here and he pushed the moon angel away quickly.
 
“I don't like seeing you so sad,” Touya said in way of explanation.
 
“Why?” Yukito heard himself say, his mind suddenly detached.
 
When this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
Because you know I'll be there
 
That was the big question, was it not? “Because you should always be happy,” he answered, knowing how lame it sounded. But it was the truth.
 
“Oh…” was all Yukito could mutter in response. It seems like a great burden to him, to always be cheerful.
 
And see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
That's why I love you
 
“Not like that…” Touya said suddenly, realizing how it might sound. “You don't have to force yourself to be happy. It's just…you deserve to be.”
 
This was confusing. What was he trying to say? “Touya, what's going on? Usually you're not…clingy like this.” He did not dare to hope. He could not let himself get crushed again.
 
He did not want to think about how abnormal he was acting, and he did not want Yukito thinking about it either. Loosening his grip enough to turn the other boy around, he tilted Yukito's face up and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips.
 
So don't be afraid to let them show
Just show your true colors
True colors, true colors
 
Yukito froze. This—this was not happening. In a few moments he would wake up and the dream would be shattered, leaving him only with bitter tears. Yet, he did not wake up, and as Touya pulled away slightly he knew the pain of loss in his heart was real.
 
“Touya…” he whispered, afraid anything louder would truly destroy their haven.
 
Are shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
 
Touya leaned down and stole another kiss. “Actually, you can be sad all you want…I can then just kiss it and make it better,” he said with a smirk, causing Yukito to blush. Touya's smile widened. “So cute.”
 
“Wh—what?” Yukito all but squeaked.
 
So don't be afraid, just let it show
Your true colors, true colors
True colors are beautiful
So beautiful, like a rainbow
 
The shock in the other's voice made him want to kiss Yukito again, but he held back, just barely. “I…I want you to be who you really are around me. …I don't want you hiding yourself like you do around others.”
 
Yukito closed his eyes, feeling tears gather, and then opened them in shock when he felt a hand brushing them away. “Touya…why…why are you doing this?” He knew he was grasping the taller boy's shirt tightly, and how weak it made him look, but right then he could not think well enough to do anything about it. And he doubted he would be able to even if he had the ability to do so.
 
“Because…” Touya tried to think of an excuse, but only the truth came to mind. Could he really say that? “Because I really care about you.” Okay, not the real truth, but it came awfully close.
 
Now the angel incarnate really was confused. When he said he cared, how much did he mean? Just friends or—he did not even dare think about it. But he had kissed him, twice. That had to mean something more, did it not? “Oh…” Yukito said softly.
 
Yeah, yeah (yeah, yeah), Yeah (yeah), Yeah (yeah)
Show me your colors
(show me your colors)
Show me your rainbow
(Beautiful)
Like a rainbow (Show me your colors)
 
Touya blinked a few times, surprised. Yukito almost sounded—disappointed. But that could not be right. “Yuki?”
 
“Hmm?” He tilted his head up to see his friend and was caught by another kiss. This one was not as innocent as the others. Touya was pressing more persistently, trying to draw Yukito into joining. It worked, much to Touya's happiness, and they broke apart with great reluctance.
 
Now it felt right to say, as he finally felt sure of his standing with Yukito. He leaned in close to the other boy's ear, smiling when Yukito shivered. “I love you,” he whispered, both scared and strangely relieved at the same time.
 
Colors, colors (true colors shine)
Show me your rainbow, so beautiful
That's why I love you
 
Yukito blinked. Had he heard right? But the look in Touya's eyes, the expression on his face, left no room for doubt. For the first time in a long while, a true smile showed itself. Nearly giddy with happiness, he hugged the taller man close, burying his face in the other's neck and just stood there. Arms wrapped around his waist no long afterwards and he was held tighter than he ever had before. At the same time, he never felt as secure as he did right then.
 
He had wanted to hear the words spoken back at first, but as Yukito hung on to him, Touya found that words were not needed. Yukito had answered in the simple way he pressed impossibly close and offered no signs of pulling away. Touya decided he liked this way much better, as he leaned down for another kiss sealed with the promise of tomorrow.
 
Show me your colors (True colors shining through)
Show me your rainbow, beautiful
Ooh, ooh, show me your colors, colors, colors
True colors
 
~End