Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Watashi Dake no Sakura ❯ Goodbye Hong Kong! Goodbye Syaoran?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Goodbye Hong Kong, Goodbye Syaoran?! - Chapter 3
 
One week has passed. It's time to get back home to Japan.
 
---
 
Back in Japan…
 
“Eriol, I'm worried.”
 
“Why? About what?”
 
“Sakura's been acting strangely since we got back from Hong Kong… have you got any idea on what's going on? She's not telling me anything. I often ask her if there's something troubling her and she always answers `Nothing. I'm fine.'”
 
“Sad to say, but I don't know either…”
 
---
 
Kinomoto residence…
 
Sakura had her face in her pillow. She was crying again.
 
Syaoran… doshite? Why is this happening? If you didn't like me anymore then you should've told me… I would have just accepted it… when you left, you said you'll try to keep in touch… and visit over the summer break… but I never heard from you… not a single letter… if you had a problem, you know you could tell me… but why didn't you? That girl… who is she? Is she just a cousin of yours? I try to think of it that way but there's always a voice in my head saying, “Syaoran's got someone else now! You're not his number 1 person anymore…” is that true? I remember you telling me once that love is happy with the truth… then why don't you say something…
 
---
 
A few days have passed and Tomoyo was getting more and more worried about Sakura. She's often spaced-out and seems sad. And him seeing Tomoyo get worried about Sakura and seeing her sad, he often thinks to himself, Darn… I wish I could do something… but why can't I? I'm the reincarnation of Clow Reed but why can't I even think of something? It's just not magic I guess… but I really do wish I could help them. Seeing two friends sad, that sure is gonna bring me down…
 
Meanwhile, in Hong Kong…
 
Syaoran couldn't help but think about those events as well. He stared at the photograph of him and Sakura on his bedside table (A/N: which, luckily, Akira didn't notice) and then someone started talking in his head.
 
You're such an idiot, you know that? You know, she probably hates you by now. Remember, at Bird Street? She didn't even bother to look at you and she didn't even give you a chance to speak. It's proven. She hates you. And it's all because of you, genius. `*in a mocking voice* If I tell her, she's just going to get hurt and she'll be upset. I don't want that. I'll make a way so that I won't have to marry Akira and Sakura would never know.' And how long has that been? Uh… Two years?! Look, if you just listened to my advice, to tell her right away, she would have understood and she wouldn't hate you! And knowing Sakura-chan, she's a kind and considerate person. And she loves you so she'll be happy for you. She'll be happy even if it takes her out of the picture because she knows that it's for your clan and that the elders chose it. But did you listen to me? NO! Now look what happened! You're a moron. A MORON! YOU HEAR ME?! MORON!!! Syaoran's inner self scolded.
 
Yeah, yeah. I get it. I've been a stupid, idiotic, good-for-nothing moron that doesn't even deserve to be loved by Sakura. Yeah, yeah… Syaoran said
 
You can't live a lie. You should get married because of love and to the person you love. You know what? You're such a coward. You can't fight for your love. (notices the Syaoran is staring blankly at space) Hellooo? Are you even listening to me? No response from Syaoran. Great. Now you're deaf.
 
You're right. You're definitely right! Syaoran said. He stood up from his bed and walked out of the room.
 
What is running in this moron's head now? Said inner Syaoran
 
---
 
“Mom?” Syaoran said as he knocked on Yelan's door.
 
“Yes?” Yelan said as she opened the door and let Syaoran in. “What is it, Xiao Lang?”
 
“Mom, could you call Akira and her parents to come here? I have something very important to say to everyone.” Syaoran said
 
“Okay. Is that all?” Yelan asked her son
 
“Yes mom.” And Syaoran left the room. He was off to look for his sisters and Meiling.
 
-
 
“Hey…” Syaoran said to them when he saw that the girls were at the garden.
 
“What's up?” Meiling asked
 
“I want you guys to come and listen to what I have to say later with the elders, Akira, her parents, and mother.” Syaoran said
 
“What is it about?” asked Shiefa
 
“You'll find out later.” Syaoran said and bid goodbye, off to look for the elders. He told them the same thing. To come to listen to what he has to say later after dinner.
 
---
 
Later…
 
Everyone was seated, except for Syaoran, who was standing in front of them. They were all seated at a table.
 
“I called all of you here because I wanted to say something very important.” Syaoran said. Everyone listened. “I am very sorry if this is last minute. I just wanted to say that I can't live a lie. I can't get married—rather, I won't get married to someone that I don't love. And well, Meiling, my sisters, and I guess mother as well know how I truly feel. And well… I… I'm very sorry but… okay. I'll get right down to the point. I don't love Akira so I won't get married to her. There is only one person that I love and that would be Sakura. Yes, Kinomoto Sakura. That girl from Japan who just happens to be the card mistress. I know that she's ditsy and all, but that adds to her charm. And I guess, you might not want someone who knows nothing about being a Chinese. But I'm sure she's willing to learn and I know she can do it. Because like what she says, `Everything will be alright' and… well… I don't want to tell the whole story here… but… if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be like this right now. I never knew that there was a feeling that can make you feel so good even you do something not for yourself. She showed me that. She showed me how to care for someone… and I tried to go with what you wanted but I can't. I know you'll tell me that I should obey what you guys say because you are the elders and everything… but did you even think about how I would feel? I'm also a human… I have feelings too… I have a heart. And I know you do too, so I hope you understand. I am really sorry about all this. That's all I wanted to say. Now there's only one thing left for me to do. Explain everything and make it up for Sakura. She was hurt when she found out I had a fiancée. Even if she didn't say it, I could see it in her eyes… that's why I have to go now, and please don't stop me.” Syaoran said and left the room. He immediately went back to his own room, took his bags (which he packed a while ago before dinner without anyone noticing) and went off, out of the Li mansion and off to the airport.
 
---
 
Japan…
 
Syaoran rented his old apartment where he used to stay as a child (A/N: when he was in elementary, remember?).
 
Meanwhile, back in Hong Kong…
 
Akira's house…
 
“I can't believe this! How could he?! I'm not going to let this happen! Wait. Did he say Kinomoto Sakura? Sakura… that girl from the pool?! And her family name's Kinomoto… she Japanese.” Akira shouted, and suddenly calmed a bit. She had a plan up her sleeves.
 
---
 
Thursday afternoon in Tomoeda, Japan. More specifically, in the Kinomoto residence…
 
(doorbell ringing)
 
“Coming!” Sakura said as she went down the stairs to answer the door. When she opened the door, it revealed a certain black haired girl.
 
What's she doing here?! Sakura thought to herself
 
“You're Kinomoto Sakura, am I right?” said Akira as she entered the house, even without Sakura's permission to do so.
 
“Mm.” Sakura nodded. “Uh… take a seat. Uh… do you want some tea or something?” she asked, trying to be hospitable.
 
“No thank you. And I don't need to sit down. I won't stay long.” Akira said, a bit coldly.
 
Sakura stood there.
 
“I just wanted to tell you to stay away from Syaoran. He's my fiancé and we're getting married in a year, so stay away. Got it?” Akira said
 
Sakura couldn't speak because of shock about the news. She's Syaoran's fiancée? They're getting married? And… he didn't even tell me.
 
Sakura tried hard not to cry, at least not in front of Akira. She lowered her head and now her bangs covered her eyes. She then told Akira, “Okay. Don't worry. I won't. I'll stay away. And if that's all and there's nothing else for you to say, you could go. There's no reason to stay when you have nothing to do.” Sakura said. And with that, Akira left. Sakura closed the door. Then Kero flew downstairs. He heard everything.
 
“Sakura? Daijoubu ka?” Kero asked
 
“I'm fine. Hey, you stay here. I'm going to Tomoyo's. I might sleep-over, but I'm not sure. But whatever happens don't follow me. I don't want you to see me like this, Kero-chan.” Sakura said, her voice a bit shaky.
 
“Sakura…” that was the only thing Kero managed to say. He stayed, just as Sakura said. Anyway, he already knew everything. But he was still worried.
 
Sakura left and went over to Tomoyo's house.
 
-
 
Meanwhile, Syaoran was walking around Tomoeda when he passed by a pet store. A dog kept barking at him, as if calling him and saying `Buy me!'
 
He looked at the dog. Then suddenly, someone came up to him and said, “I think the dog likes you. Why don't you buy it?”
 
“Y-Yamazaki!” Syaoran said, surprised to see his old friend again.
 
“Long time, no see, ne, Li-kun?” Yamazaki smiled. He was working at the pet store.
 
“So, the pet store yours?” Syaoran asked
 
“No. It's owned by my childhood friend's father's sister's daughter.”
 
“So you mean it's owned by Mihara-san's cousin.”
 
“Yeah. And that's Mrs. Yamazaki, no longer Mihara.” Yamazaki replied
 
“You two are married?” Syaoran asked, not knowing that he missed a lot things happening in Tomoeda
 
“Well… (gets a bonk on the head from Chiharu)”
 
“What he meant was Mrs. Yamazaki to-be, if he would propose. He says that to all of our friends yet he doesn't even propose to me. I'm not yet his fiancée and he says that! I'm just his girlfriend.” Chiharu said
 
Syaoran laughed. They haven't changed much. They're still the Chiharu-beats-up-Yamazaki-for-doing-something-stupid.
 
“Itai… ow… so anyway, Li-kun, are you gonna buy it? I can see it likes you.” Yamazaki said
 
Finally Syaoran agreed. He bought the dog and named it Laika, named after the first dog in space.
 
---
 
Meanwhile, Tomoyo's house…
 
Sakura cried on Tomoyo (A/N: the same way Meiling did). She told Tomoyo everything, and now, Tomoyo understands why Sakura had been so sad and was spaced-out.
 
“Sakura-chan… I'm sure Li-kun has his reasons why he didn't tell you…” Tomoyo tried to comfort her, but she still continued to cry. Who am I kidding? He's such a moron for not telling Sakura. I mean, if he loved Sakura, he'd tell her and he does know that Sakura's a kind and considerate person. Sakura would understand. But why this? Oooh… when I see him, he'll definitely get not only shouts from me… he better make up with Sakura… or else I might never see Sakura smile again… and that'll be awful… it'll be so lonely… Tomoyo thought. (Syaoran's inner self: Well, at least someone agrees with me. See that? Now two people think you're a moron.)
 
“Tomoyo-chan… I don't get it… why didn't Syaoran even tell me? He knows I'd understand… he's such a stupid, idiotic, moronic, inconsiderate jerk. Doshite… what did I do wrong? Is there something wrong with me that's why he loved someone else?” Sakura sobbed. “I might not even forgive him for this…”
 
“Sakura… of course there's nothing wrong with you. He's just blind. He's stupid. Love was already beside him yet he still walked away. Give him time… wait for him. Try to give him a chance…” Tomoyo said
 
---
 
The next morning, Sakura went back to her house. When Sakura left, Tomoyo made a call.
 
“Hello, Hiiragizawa residence.” Answered a man
 
“Eriol? Is that you?” asked Tomoyo
 
“Yes. Tomoyo?”
 
“Yeah. It's me. I know what's bothering Sakura.”
 
“What?”
 
“Li-kun. Remember in Hong Kong, we saw him with some girl? That's the reason.”
 
“Naruhodo…”
 
“And Sakura said she might not forgive him for that… AND I CAN'T ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!!! They're such a kawaii couple, you know.” Tomoyo said into the phone line, from calm, to angry, and back to calm again
 
“Tomoyo! You almost broke my eardrums, you know that?!?!”
 
“Gomen…” she apologized
 
“Alright. We better get them together to talk so that they can settle things and everything to be back to normal.”
 
“You're right. But how?”
 
“I have a plan. *whispers into the phone* Okay?”
 
“Okay. I understand. So… we'll call it Mission: Issho ni Sakura-chan to Li-kun! Ohohohoho…”
 
Eriol sweatdropped (A/N: as if Tomoyo can see that…) and said, “Whatever you say, Tomoyo. Bye.” He said and hung up.
 
“Ohohohoho…” Tomoyo laughed.
 
-to be continued…
 
Authoress' Notes:
Hiya minna! Hey, if anyone is good (really really fluent) in Japanese, could someone tell me if `issho ni Sakura-chan to Li-kun' is correct? I'm not so sure. I think it means Sakura-chan and Li-kun together. But if someone knows the meaning please don't hesitate to tell me. If I'm wrong, then tell me the real meaning. I'm not that good at making Japanese sentences…
 
Kero: Konnyanachiwa! It's me again! Here to give another preview…
Tomoyo and Eriol have some plans up their sleeves… what are they? Get ready for two of Tomoyo and Eriol's crazy plans…
 
“Do you want to take a bath?”
 
-
 
“Mrrgh… mmph…”
 
“I'm asking you, where did you take my dog?!”
 
-
 
“Aaaaaah! The ghost knows our Chinese names! Aaaaaah!”
 
“Aaaaaah!”
 
Kero: So that's it. Don't forget to leave a review! See ya!