Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ when the world cries ❯ China Roses ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


When the world cries - Prologue: China Roses - Fire Temptress

 
Year: 2666
 
The skies - they seemed to be permanently streaked with heavenly hues of purple and pink and orange, its colors having danced across the sky, as if a painter just gave a few strikes of his paintbrush, and his painting was this creation of the heavens.
 
A little girl shuffled out of a shrub of China Roses, her dress dirtied, her hair in disarray. She looked out of place in the park she had entered - in the only park left in town, and probably in the whole world. She approached the swing set where only one swing dangled, and sat on it, rocking back gently as the chains started to hum with creaks. It hadn't been oiled in a long time. This park has not been occupied in a long time. These days, these days in times of war, everyone chose to stay home where at least they were guaranteed some form of protection.
 
The little girl lifted her head to the sky, basking in its beauty, and smiling sadly. Her eyes seemed glazed over with tears. Well, more like, they were. White streaks started to cross the sky, one going one way, another going the other. Something or more than one something, was flying to somewhere. Who knew where?
 
But the little girl knew that once it arrived to its destination, a lot of people will die, and that's why her eyes were watery and her smile was sad. And so, the little Catholic girl mimicked the symbol of a cross as she tapped her forehead, her shoulders, and her heart, casting a silent prayer to Jesus Christ, asking him to watch these poor innocent souls that will soon join him in Heaven.
 
And she continued to pray for those forced to fight in this worldwide war. She prayed for the innocent lives lost, and soon to be lost. She even prayed for the people who enforced this war, asking Christ to please forgive them. She prayed for all that was good in the world, and all that was tainted with the temptation of power. She prayed for herself. She prayed for her family, for her friends, for her fellow people.
 
She prayed for the world.
 
And she lifted her head up slowly, eyes going slightly wide at the upcoming object heading her way. It was then her tears started to fall, knowing what fate she was to meet as soon as that object reached land. And the little girl closed her eyes and muted out the world for just a split second:
 
“Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of Your womb, Jesus.


Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.”
 
She parted her lids and looked to the sky, the tears still cascading like never ending droplets of streams. The little girl smiled that sad smile; one last word whispered from her lips before her world as she knew it was engulfed by whiteness.
 
”…Amen.”
 
********************
The Four Guardians stood amongst each other, frowning, stoic and sad expressions plastered on their faces.
 
“We can only hope for a victor, and for that victor to be of right cause and to rebuild the world.”
 
“It'll take decades to repair this damage.”
 
Why don't we do something? We are the Guardians after all. Is it not our duty to protect this world which we've sworn to do so?
 
It is not that simple, for he has passed the gates and had managed to crack through our barrier. If he is strong enough to do that, and manipulate the mines of so many in order to cause World War III, who knows what else he is capable of?
 
“What is his purpose?”
 
“…Only time will tell.
 
She turned her face away, her gaze sweeping over to her view of the world. She clasped her hands and silently she prayed.
 
********************
 
Who can tell me if we have heaven?
Who can say the way it should be?
Moonlight holly, the Sappho Comet
Angel's tears below a tree
 
You talk of the break of morning
As you view the new aurora
Cloud in crimson, the key of heaven
One love carved in acajou
 
One told me of China Roses
One of thousand nights and one night
Earth's last picture, the end of evening
Hue of indigo and blue
 
A new moon leads me to
woods of dreams and I follow
A new world waits for me
My dream, my way
 
I know that if I have heaven
there is nothing to desire
Rain and river, a world of wonder
may be paradise to me
 
I see the sun.
I see the stars.
 
********************
 
 
Fire Temptress: Was just hit by sudden inspiration to do a futuristic fic. And yes, this will be futuristic, starting in the next chapter or so, and I plan on, or am hoping on, keeping every single CCS character in-character. And this is about the only thing I have the slightest bit of inspiration for.
And to explain the "engulfed by whiteness," bit, and the whole objects streaking across the sky - think nuclear war missles. And the lyrics at the end do not belong to me or are written by me. They are from Enya's song, "China Roses." And no, this will not be a religious fic, so I hope some of you do not mind the prayer that little girl had made. And as for the "four guardians," I guess some of you could make guesses as to who they are and who "she" is. P And that little girl is just a random character, btw, not any of the CCS cast. They will come in next chapter. :)
Hope the prologue was alright. Constructive criticism/comments welcomed. Please review.
-FT