Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ When Two Lonely Hearts Meet ❯ Confrontations ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fanfiction by SilentChild

Chapter 3(and last): Confrontations

SilentChild: and here is the last and final chapter. Enjoy.

Tomoyo stirred, and frowned when she felt the cool air sweep over her, tickling her into awareness. She tried to snuggle back into the warm nest her body had made in the mattress, but her blanket had left her sometime while she was sleeping, leaving her exposed to the cool air. Sighing, she opened her eyes to darkness. Startled, she turned to her bedside clock, which illuminated the time. It was exactly midnight. If she concentrated, Tomoyo could hear the twelve dongs of the antique clock in the living room. Her stomach rumbled, and Tomoyo ruefully remembered that she had had no food that day.

A knock sounded at the door. Thinking that her maid had shown up with food, Tomoyo bided "enter." But it was not the slim figure of her maid, Julia but was that of Eriol's/ he carried in a tray of supper, and laid it on the lap of the surprised Tomoyo. "You must be hungry."

"Yes. But why are you still awake at this ungodly hour?" questioned Tomoyo. Eriol merely smiled, and gestured for her to eat. After she had settled her stomach, she laid the tray on her bedside table. Eriol did not move to take it away. He just sat there, looking at Tomoyo, waiting, as if, for her to speak.

Tomoyo squirmed under Eriol's gaze. She was reminded of the times she had noticed him staring at her. The times where he had comforted her. The fact that he was always there when she needed him most. That particular thought brought Tomoyo's mind to a halt. She needed him? But… even as Tomoyo struggled with her confusing emotions, Eriol sat by her bedside, waiting, watching. Yearning.

`I've always loved Sakura. It was, as if, I was born to love her. But this love… it's different from what I feel for Eriol. I love Sakura, and I love Eriol. But which is true love, and which is not?'

As if reading her mind, Eriol spoke up. "Compare it with what you feel for Julia."

Julia. The girl whom Tomoyo had felt pity for and brought home. The girl whom Tomoyo had seen dressed in tattered rags, and was shivering in the snowy night. Tomoyo had taken her home, given a roof over her head, and Julia had insisted on serving Tomoyo, who had reluctantly complied.

The truth came abruptly, blinding Tomoyo, as would a light in the darkest night. `What I feel, for Sakura, is like what a mother would for her child… and Eriol…" looking at Eriol, Tomoyo felt the tears well up again. "I'm sorry…" and the tears fell, like rain from the sky.

"No need for apologies, Tomoyo," replied Eriol, cupping her face in his hands. "I love you," and brushed his lips past her. But Tomoyo pressed against him, the years of passion that had been buried under the guise of compassion. And Eriol responded in kind, and all was well.

The next morning, Julia cautiously opened the door to her mistress' bedroom, not wanting wake her. But the sight before her shocked, or rather, surprised her. Smiling, she closed the door silently on the couple, fully clothed, entwined together, even as they, in their dreams, flew off to their secret paradise.

To cheerlin, Eriol finally kissed Tomoyo on the lips.

There! Last chapter and ending. Read and review, and if any is unsatisfied with the ending (I am), please tell me. I will find time to write up a better one. Again, please read and review my original stories too.