Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and Always ❯ Oneshot ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
/I do not own Detective Conan/


~These are Ran's thoughts~



Ran felt soft lips press to hers and then....

BRING!! BRING!!

She shot up, then sighed and turned off her alarm clock.~"It was only a dream....."she thought."Why do I keep torturing myself?I mean,it wasn't even like Shinichi,um.....argh! I've gotta get ready for school"!~ After getting ready she went into the kitchen to see Conan already sitting at the table."Oh.....good morning Conan."Ran said cheerfully."Are you waiting on me to make breakfast?"Conan looked up."Good morning Ran." he said,a big,child-like smile on his face.He noticed though that she seemed a bit.....distracted this morning."Are you ok Ran?"he asked,concerned."Hmm....of course Conan,I'm fine.What makes you ask?" "Umm.......no reason.You just seem kinda upset over something.Is it Shinichi?" Ran looked surprised.~How did he know?~ "Well,yes,actually it was."She was silent for several moments before speaking again. "I just.....well,its just,I really miss him a lot Conan." A strange, pained look came over Conan's face. "Don't worry Ran.I'm sure he'll come back soon." He gave her a big smile, just as a child would, to reassure her. "Thanks Conan." she said. ~"It's strange.He always makes me feel so at ease.....just like Shinichi used to."~

That night,Ran was doing homework when the phone rang.She was the only one home at the time,so she answered the phone.

"Moshi,moshi?This is the Mouri Detective Agency."

"Ran......."

"Shinichi.....it's you.I'm so glad you called."

Then Shinichi heard the words that pained him every time she said them.

"Shinichi....when are you coming back?"

"Well......" He always had to think before he answered. He didn't want to hurt her,and yet.... he also couldn't lie to her. Wasn't it him who always said "there was only one truth"? Well....yeah,so,here goes."Ran,I'm on this big case.I've told you, it's going to be a little while longer."

"Oh." She sounded defeated.He could also hear tears in her voice,though she'd never admit to crying.Shinichi felt his heart go to the floor with that one word.

"But I promise you Ran,I will be back. No matter what it takes.Will you...." He stopped. He couldn't bear to ask her to wait for him.That would be too unfair to her.

"Will I what?" She asked, her voice sounding calm again.

"Oh,nothing.Forget it. I have to go.I'll try and call you again soon,alright?"

"Ok.I....I love you Shinichi....."Shinichi felt his heart stop this time. Did she really just say what I think she did? What I've been waiting all this time for her to say and yet couldn't myself? Till now.

"I love you too Ran.Good night." The words rolled so easily off his tounge,and he hung up. He just sat there in the phone booth for a few minutes, thinking,and cursing the Organization for doing this to him and Ran.When Conan returned home,he found it strangely silent. He guessed that Kogoro was still out with Officer Meguire, but where was Ran? He checked the living room and kitchen, before finally going into Ran's room.She was laying on her bed,her back to the door. As he approached, he saw that their had been a picture in her hand,and now was lying on the bed beside her.He didn't have to look to see what it was of. He didn't know the exact one, but he knew it was of him.Closer inspection proved him right.There were also tear stains on her pillow,and her eyes were red and puffy. Conan hated to see her like this, it hurt more than anything else in the world. "I love you Ran," he whispered,stroking her cheek and pushing a stray hair out of her face."and I promise you I'll be back.I'll make sure you never cry again.That's a promise." With that,Conan got down off her bed and went to his own,crying tears of his own on his pillow.


Please review! This is my first DC fanfic and I want to know what you guys think!^_^