Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Kudo Duo ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Case Closed or Detective Conan, this is my first fan fiction so please R&R.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kudo Duo

By Demonslasher97

chapter 1

On a dark, cold night in Japan, an elderly man by the name of Jinnai Jinni is locking the door to his antique shop. Jinnai refuses to wear oversized and fluffy coats so he only wore a regular zip-up jacket with no fluff. Jinnai shoved the keys into his jacket pocket and took the short walk back home. Jinnai is a cold man, his only cares are his antique store and money, everything and everybody else could go away and he wouldn't bow his head in sorrow. Jinnai came to the front door of his house where Donny Pirai the doorman stood watch.

"Evening Mr. Jinni." Donny said, nodding his head at Jinnai in welcome, Jinnai nodded back. "Mr. Jinni, I was wondering if I could get my pay early this month, I'm low on cash you see and my family needs food-" Jinnai cut him off.

"I couldn't give a damn what you or your family needs." Jinnai said in the harshest tone he could muster, he walked up to the front door. "You'll get your pay the same time this month that you do every other month, and if you ever ask that again I`ll take away two month`s salary, goodnight." Jinnai opened the door, walked in and shut the door behind him.

"You'll get yours old man." Donny swore under his breath, "you'll get yours." Jinnai walked up the stairs of his house, he walked into his bedroom and dropped the keys to his antique store on the dresser besides the door. He opened the top drawer and took out his neatly folded pajamas, he tore off his day clothes and put them into a basket in the far corner of the room. Jinnai put his pajamas on and crawled under the sheets and into his bed, he closed his eyes and slept.

As Jinnai slept the door to his room opened just the tiniest crack, and then it opened all the way. The shadowed figure of a man crept into the room, he walked even closer to the old man sleeping peacefully in his bed. The man pulled something out of his pocket, he stood over the old man, the man quickly pulled the pillow from under Jinnai's head and pushed it into his face, Jinnai struggled to remove the pillow. The man brought up the knife that he had taken out of his pocket and stabbed the old man in the chest seven times, at the fifth stab the old man was dead. Blood poured from the gouge in the old man's chest, the man wiped the blood off of the knife and onto to the old man's pajama shirt. The man pocketed the knife and ran out of the house.

Conan Etogawa, otherwise known as Jimmy Kudo sat in a chair watching the news inside the apartment of Richard Moore the great detective, who only became the great detective the day that Conan set foot in his home. Richard by the way was sleeping on the couch, next to three beer cans on the table, with his mouth wide open. Rachel Moore was in the kitchen of the small apartment making dinner when the phone rang. Conan jumped off of the chair and ran towards the phone, he picked it up when he felt a hard punch to his head.

"I don't think so kid." Richard grabbed the phone from Conan's hand, who was now staring at nothing dizzily. "Yes?" Richard paused. "Inspector! What can I do for you?" Pause. "I see." Pause. "Yes, I'll be there right away." Richard put the phone back onto it's holder, "Rachel that was the inspector, I'll be back in a few hours." Richard grabbed his coat, and walked to the door.

"Okay dad." Rachel said, stirring something in a pot. Richard walked out and down the stairs of the apartment building, he walked into the parking lot and climbed into his car. He put the keys into the ignition and started the car.

"So where are we going?" Richard turned to see Rachel in the front seat and Conan in the back. Richard grumbled something about kids not being allowed at the scene of a crime as he pulled out and got onto the street. They arrived at a house the size of the apartment building they lived at, there were police cars in front of it. They got out of the car and went inside the building, an officer on the first floor took them to a bedroom where the corpse of a man was laying on his bed, there were policemen inspecting the dead body. Rachel's eyes went wide when she spotted one of the policemen inspecting the body.

"What's the matter Rachel?" Conan said, standing beside Rachel.

"Well its just that," Rachel bent down to Conan's level so she could whisper to him. "That one policemen right there looks like Jimmy." Conan looked at the policemen she was now pointing to, his eyes opened wide to. She's right, Conan thought, he looks a lot like me, the resemblance is uncanny. The policemen was at least in his twenties, his facial features, his eyes, his hair, and his height was all a resemblance of Conan when he was his regular age. The policemen turned his head towards them as if he knew they were talking about him and smiled, Rachel blushed a little.

"So inspector what happened here?" Richard said walking up to the inspector, who was wearing his usual yellow suit. Behind him were two men, one was short and fat, the other was tall and muscular. The short man was wearing a gray business suit, the tall man was wearing a blue doorman's suit. Conan walked up to Richard and stood beside him as he listened to the inspector's report.

"This is Jinnai Jinni," the inspector said pointing a hand to the dead man. "He owns an antique shop down the street, it's supposed to be the best antique shop in the area. This man in the gray suit behind me is Jack Phalai, he is one of his associates and is also the last person to see him at the antique shop. The other is Donny Pirai, he is Jinnai's doorman and the last person to see him alive." Richard nodded taking it all in, Conan inspected the suspects.

"What's the cause of death?" Richard asked, the inspector took a little book out of one of his pockets.

"The pillow we found on his face was obviously used to strangle him, but before Jinnai could suffocate he was stabbed multiple times in the chest." The inspector closed his book. "These two men both have alibis that state that neither of them were inside the house let alone his bedroom. Mr. Phalai tell detective Moore your story." Mr. Phalai walked up beside the inspector and shook Richard's hand. Richard frowned, Mr. Phalai's hand was strangely smooth.

"Smooth." Was all Richard could say when he pulled his hand away.

"Yes, it's lotion." Mr. Phalai said, he grabbed a bottle out of his pocket and sprayed more lotion onto his hand. "I'm a hygienist you see." Richard nodded.

"So where were you tonight Mr. Phalai?" Richard asked, grasping his chin with one hand.

"I was at home, I had a meeting with Jinnai at six pm. After that I went home, watched the news and then I got a call from Donny saying that Jinnai had been murdered." Richard nodded, and Conan inspected Mr. Phalai more carefully looking for any hint of a lie.

"I see, so Donny was the one that found Mr. Jinni's body?" Richard said, Donny walked up.

"Yes," Donny said. "Before then Mr. Jinni had come up to the door and we talked for a few seconds and he went inside. Afterwards I started feeling a bit drowsy, I closed my eyes for a few seconds and then I felt someone behind me holding a napkin against my face with I think clorophorm on it, when I woke up I saw somebody running away. I went inside and found Mr. Jinni dead on his bed, I called the police and Mr. Phalai."

"Mr. Phalai what was the meeting about that you had with Jinnai at six pm about?" Richard said now looking at Mr. Phalai.

"I was going to sell him my knife that's been in my family for centuries." Mr. Phalai said, rubbing his wrist.

"Why would want to sell him something as valuable as that?" The inspector said now also looking at Mr. Phalai.

"Well I'm in debt to Jinnai for some business we did a few years back."

"I see, did Jinnai buy the knife?" Mr. Phalai shook his head, the inspector jotted something down in his little book. "Do you happen to have that knife with you?" Mr. Phalai shook his head again. "Do you mind if some of my men pick it up from your house?" Mr. Phalai paused, then shook his head once more. The inspector called to the three inspecting the body including the one that looked a lot like Conan.

"It will be on my desk in a suitcase." Mr. Phalai said, the three men nodded and left. As soon as the policemen left, Conan went to the bedside to inspect the body, he looked at the knife wounds. What's this? Conan thought, in the mix of the blood was a hint of gold, so small the naked eye wouldn't be able to see it. He looked more intently at the blood, he could also see some pocket lint in the mixture. How strange, Conan thought, he walked up to a desk that was beside the bed and opened the drawer inside was a pamphlet with names and money amounts next to them, he found Mr. Phalai's name among them. Wow, Mr. Phalai was in debt up to his eyeballs, Conan thought, on the pamphlet it said that Mr. Phalai owed Jinnai thirty thousand dollars. The policemen showed up with a suitcase, the one that looked like Jimmy opened it to show them the knife. Conan went up and inspected it, the knife was gold and had the slightest bit of pocket lint on it.

"I don't see any blood on it," Richard said, he pushed Conan out of the way, then he turned around to Donny. "Donny do you carry a knife?"

"Yes its mandatory." Donny replied.

"Will you show it to us?" Richard asked, Donny nodded and pulled it out. It was stained with blood. "So it was you! Arrest him!"

"Wait you don't understand! I kill gophers with it!" Donny yelled as two policemen started to handcuff him, "I didn't kill him! I hated the poor bastard but I didn't kill him!" Wrong again Richard, Conan thought, I know who really killed him. Conan was about use his watch to knock out Richard, when the policeman holding the knife and the suitcase stopped the two policemen dragging Donny out.

"Wait, Donny didn't kill Mr. Jinni." The police men said, "But I know who did." What? Conan thought.

"It was Mr. Phalai." The policemen said, Mr. Phalai stood rigid in shock. What! How did he know? Conan thought, he looks like me, and he solved this case. Who is this guy?

"What's your proof?" The investigator asked, curious that somebody had a different suspect in mind about this murder.

"Don't take him serious inspector, I'm the detective." Richard said not even remotely curious.

"He has a different suspect in mind and I want to know his proof." The inspector said looking sternly the policemen.

"If you'll inspect the body even closer you'll see a hint of gold rub in his blood that was wiped off on to his pajama top and pocket lint that presumably also wiped off onto the pajama top. Also in Mr. Jinni's top desk drawer is a pamphlet that has Mr. Phalai's name on it, saying that he owes three thousand dollars to Mr. Jinni." The inspector checked the pajama top and then the desk drawer, after his inspection he nodded. "Now if you'll look at his knife, you'll see that the blade is gold and that there's the slightest bit of pocket lint on it." The inspector checked the knife.

"He's right." The inspector said, he looked over at Mr. Phalai. "Is this true?" Mr. Phalai stood rigid, his eyes were staring into nothingness.

"Yes." Mr. Phalai answered.

"Arrest him." The inspector pointed at Mr. Phalai, the two policemen let go of Donny and grabbed Mr. Phalai and hauled him out of the room. "Good job." The inspector nodded his head at the young policemen. "Looks like you were wrong tonight Richard."

"Yeah but it will only happen once." Richard said haughtily. Right, Conan thought, that policeman is no dummy. The inspector walked up to the young policeman who had closed the suitcase, and shook his hand.

"Nice job son, what's your name?" The investigator asked.

"I'm Thomas, Thomas Kudo." The policeman replied.

"What?!" Conan and Rachel yelled at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok so this first case was really simple I was kind of rushing it so I could send it to a friend of mine who could put it up, but I promise the next cases will be much better. please review