Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Magic Kaito - A Fool's Cold ❯ A Fool's Cold ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Fool's Cold

...................

Yay, Kaito and Aoko fluff.

I do not own the Magic Kaito manga series, if I did, I guarantee you I wouldn't wait for another one of my manga (Detective Conan) to finish before making a Magic Kaito anime. -_-;;

Note: Names are given Western style. (First name, surname.)

...................

To say Kaito Kuroba felt awful would be an understatement; he felt sick beyond all reason. Every bone and muscle in his body ached and he felt like he was burning and freezing all at the same time. He had, without a doubt, received the sickness after his most recent heist in the rain.

"'Clear skies tonight,' he said. Damn you, Mr. Weatherman," Kaito muttered and coughed to himself.

Kaito continued to lie beneath the blankets while wondering why it was that policemen could not catch the mysterious thief and yet a cold could.

"Hello? Kaito?"

Kaito would have attempted to sit up, but the cold had robbed the thief of all the strength in his body.

"It's me, Aoko."

Aoko? What on Earth was she doing at his house, much less standing outside of his bedroom door?

"You can come in," Kaito managed to speak up, wondering what on Earth his mother and Jii were thinking, letting Aoko risk the chance of catching his cold.

In stepped Kaito's childhood friend, Aoko Nakamori. The thief noticed the papers in her arms, clearly the day's assignments from school. She placed the papers on a desk nearby and sat in a chair next to the bed.

"...How are you feeling?" She asked.

Kaito gave her one of his unforgettable smiles. "I've been better."

Aoko chuckled slightly. "I guess so."

"Say...what colour are they today?"

"...They?" Aoko appeared puzzled but once she realized what he was referring to, she glared at him. "You're lucky you're sick, otherwise I'd hit you with the mop."

Kaito gave a weak laugh. "I don't doubt it."

"Maybe they're the fish ones," Aoko gave him a grin.

He winced. "In that case," he shuddered at the thought of the fish-print underwear, "we'll leave the colour a mystery."

Aoko: 1

Kaito: Zip.

Aoko noticed Kaito continuing to shudder. "You're not that affected by my comment are you?" She asked surprised.

"I'm c-cold," He winced.

Aoko stood up to grab a blanket from the closet.

"WAIT!" He yelped.

Aoko turned to her friend, confused. Kaito was NOT about to let his secret identity of Kaitou KID be revealed to his best friend, let alone to the daughter of Inspector Nakamori.

"What's wrong?" Aoko walked back over.

"Uh...em...The closet is a mess and there are magic tricks everywhere...Wouldn't want them falling on you."

She seemed to accept the explanation. He breathed a small sigh of relief.

"There's one thing that puzzles me, Kaito."

He looked up at her. Uh-oh. This was it. She somehow knew his secret.

"I could've sworn that fools can't catch colds." She smirked at him.

Kaito did not bother pretending a look of hurt. "That's quote's a lie then."

"...Why's that?" Aoko was surprised. Kaito was insulting himself?

Kaito yawned sleepily, his cold getting the better of him. "Yeah," he began to fall asleep, "'cause fools fall in love."

~Fin

Author's Note: I love this pairing so much, and so I wrote a one-shot based off of a small Magic Kaito dream I had. It wasn't much, just that Kaito was sick and Aoko was with him. Not sure if it's clear in the story, but if you catch a cold, obviously you're not a fool, because "fools can't catch colds". Kaito of course replies that he IS a fool with a quote of his own. Hopefully that makes the ending a little clearer. :) ...I probably shouldn't have written this at midnight. ^_^;;
Also, yes, I know the Kaitou KID things are kept behind his father's picture but Kaito may have accidently kept something in his closet as well. ^_~