Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Queen of Denial ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Queen of Denial
By: tamashiipurizuma
/23/2004 (Happy Holidays!!)




"You know what,Heiji?" Toyama Kazuha asked lazily of her best friend one sunny afternoon. They were eating lunch outside,on account of the noce weather. Both had finished thier lunches long ago and now were lying on their backs, simply basking in the sunlight and warmth. They had been silent up until a few moments ago, with Kazuha's sudden question. It was obvious though that Hattori Heiji had not heard, or preferred to ignore, her question. Kazuha propped herself up on her elbows.

"Hey Heiji, did you hear me? I asked you a question!" Heiji opened his eyes and looked at her with curiosity.

"What? Sorry, did you say something?" he said with a smirk.

WOMP!!

"Ow! Jeez, Kazuha what was that for?" he said, rubbing his head where Kazuha had just whacked him.

"You jerk! You know what that was for! You were ignoring me on purpose! You baka!"

She was sitting up by this time, visibly really upset. Heiji saw this immediately,(he wasn't a mentantei and hadn't known this girl this long for nothing), and sat up.

"Oh Kazuha, I'm sorry. I was just kidding, please don't take it seriously."

" I don't know Heiji... why should I forgive you?" She acted upset, but hid the smirk that she was despretly trying to repress. She even looked down and sniffed, pretending to cry for extra dramatics, but really trying not to laugh.

"Come on Kazuha, you know I can't stand it when you cry." He reached over and touched her shoulder. "Please don't cry anymore. Hey, how 'bout we -- ooof!"

Kazuha had stopped him in midsentence, jumping on him and tickling him. After a few minutes they realized the compromising position they were in, and jumped up quickly, blushing like fresh tomatoes. At that moment, the bell rang.

"Thank goodness..." Heiji thought. "That was sure awkward. But also... really nice. Wait...did I really just think that?! Kazuha and I have been friends since we were little. We couldn't possibly be... could we?"

Kazuha was thinking similar thoughts.

"Wow... that was really wierd. But it was fun too. What?! What am I saying? I don't like that baka like that. We're just friends."

Together they thought...

"Just friends..."

Both said it, but neither believed it.


*The End* (very corny right? But hey, this is a corny fic. Please review!!! And thanks for stopping by!)