Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Emptied ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 2
2
Emptied

Morning brought a new sense of calmness, the previous nights events still lingering in the back of his mind. He could feel the pillow crammed from under him, a couple shakes to the side following.

"Rise and shine, it's time to pack up." Sonoko said standing over him.

Tim peaked up at her for a slight second before laying his head back down.

"Do you need your ears checked," Sonoko asked hitting him with the pillow. "Time to get up."

He didn’t budge. She took another swing as he reached up yanking it from her hand.

"Why are you so anxious for me to get up?" Tim asked looking to the clock which read only nine thirty.

"We're getting on an exchange ship," Sonoko informed taking the pillow from his possession for a second time. "Why else would I be hustling you to get up?"

"I can think of a couple reasons," Tim replied pushing up. “Where’s Conan?”

“In the bathroom getting ready,” Sonoko pointed. “Just like you should be.”

He watched as she walked over, packing her things in a quick fashion. Tim found his way out of bed, going over and throwing on a pair of casual clothing before packing up. Conan came from the bathroom shortly after, spinning a tooth brush in between his fingers.

“Took you long enough.” Sonoko exclaimed before heading in herself.

“How long have you been up?” Tim asked.

“For about forty minutes,” Conan replied zipping his toothbrush into a side pocket. “

“When is this other ship supposed to cross paths with this one?”

“When I spoke with Captain Naoki a little earlier he said the other ship would arrive around ten.” Conan replied.

“That’s not long from now,” Tim said looking to the clock. “Make sure you have everything.”

“Don’t have to tell me, I’ve got everything in place.”

Conan threw his bag over his shoulders as he headed for the door.

“See you two out there, make sure you wait for Sonoko,” Conan reminded. “We’re her peasants after all.”

“Why do I have to wait?”

“One of us does,” Conan declared turning the handle. “If you really don’t want her to tell Ran, I suggest you play along.”

Tim watched as the door closed behind him.

“Maybe he’s a peasant, I’ll be the gardner or the security guy.”

He sat at the edge of the bed, staring to the carpet in wait. Not surprising it took her over ten minutes to finally get everything together. He held the door open, the two walking out together. Conan could be found standing out near the main deck along with the rest of the passengers.


“What took you two?” Conan asked.

“I was just making sure I had everything,” Sonoko said. “Leaving something important behind is the last thing I’d want to do.”

The three turned just as Aoko approached.

“Good morning.” She said lively.

“To you as well.” Tim replied.

“How did you sleep,” Sonoko asked with an evil grin. “You didn’t get scared did you.”

“No, I was a little to tired to really think about anything.”

The two began chatting. Tim and Conan directed their attention out to sea, an object in the distance flowing toward them. It took all but a few minutes for it to come to a clear view.

“Looks like our exchange ship has arrived.” Conan said.

“Let’s hope we don’t have anymore incidents.” Tim said.

Everyone waited as the ship pulled up along side theirs, a walk way extending outward to the new ship.

“I hope you all find the rest of your cruise to be a pleasant one.”

“Thank you captain, regardless of what went down it was nice to ride the Seawolf.” Tim said.

“When you have things cleared up, we’d love to come back some time.” Conan added.

“I look forward to that, it was a pleasure to have you both aboard.”

Tim and Conan watched as everyone made their way over. They turned to the side to see a smaller ship approaching, men dressed in police uniforms looking over to them with binoculars.

“Looks like they’ve come for Kenji.” Conan thought to himself.

He gazed over at them for a few seconds, getting closer with each moment.

“Come on Shinichi,” Tim said looking down to him. “We’re the last two.”

Conan turned, looking up to him.

“Sorry about that, guess I dosed off.”

Conan stepped up first, with Tim walking up closely behind. They made it over to the new ship, looking back to see the bridge stretching away. Captain Naoki waved to them one last time before turning and walking over to greet the officers.

“I hope all goes well,” Conan said. “I don’t really think Kenji is all that bad.”

“Nor do I,” Tim said in agreement. “He might have just got caught up in the wrong crowd.”

“To bad he didn’t know about your Neon Knights program.”

Tim looked down at him with a smile.

“Guess you’re right," Tim said with a brief pause. “Let’s just hope we can keep others from going down that path.”

Conan nodded. The two looked to the Seawolf one last time, the ship they stood upon taking off in the opposite direction. As they looked a hand came to both of their shoulders. The two looked to find Sonoko standing in between them.  

“What’s wrong,” Sonoko asked looking from one to the other. “You two miss the Seawolf already?”

Neither of them chose to respond. In the moments that followed a loud whistle being blown can be heard, the three of them turning to see a man approaching the whole group.

“Hello everyone, I am your new captain,” He said with the tip of his hat. “You can address me by Captain L or Mr. L, whatever works for you.”

“How long until we get our new rooms?” Shoji asked.

“They’ve already been assigned,” Captain L said pulling out a deck of key cards. “Listen for your last names.”

Everyone listened on as he called them up one by one. Luckily their group was one of the first to be called, he pointed them in the direction of their room before facing the others again. Just like aboard the Seawolf, Sonoko lead the way to their room.

“Funny how we managed to get room fourteen again, let’s
just hope it dosen’t also result in another murder case.” Conan thought to himself.

She slid the key, cracking the door to the side. The three of them walked in, giving the room a good look. Everything was set up similar to the previous room.

“I miss the green carpet.” Tim commented looking down to see a coding of grey.

Sonoko reached over switching the light to the bathroom on.

“There’s your green.” Sonoko said pointing toward the green tiles that made up the bathroom floor.

“Nice.” Conan said giving it a look.

“So what’s on the agenda our queen?” Tim asked.

“Princess, I prefer princess,” Sonoko said dropping her bags turning to face him. “I say the three of us head out to the pool and take a swim.”

“Great, now we have to call her princess.” Conan thought to himself.

“You sure you’re going to be out there this time?” Tim asked.

“What kind of question is that?” She asked crossing her arms.

“A legit one,” Tim replied crossing his arms as well. “Last time you said you’d see us at the pool we didn’t see you until night rolled around.”

“That was a one time things, besides,” Sonoko said kicking her shoes off. “I’m feeling a little....hot.”

She grabbed her swim suit from the bag before walking toward the bathroom, flashing her hair to the side as she passed the two of them.

“Does she really think that’ll work on either of us?” Conan thought to himself.

A few minutes went by.
The two of them got into their trunks, both throwing on blank white T-shirts. Tim walked toward the door, spinning the card key in between his fingers. Conan raced over jumping infront of him.

“What are you doing,” Conan asked blocking the door way. “We have to wait for Sonoko.”

“I think you’re mistaking little buddy,” Tim said patting him on the head. “It’s your turn to wait for her, me on the other hand...I’ll be out at the pool.”

Tim simply stepped around him. Conan stood in place, the sound of the door closing a few moments later.

“Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.” Conan muttered to himself.

He whistled as he made his way on, scouring throughout the halls to try and find the swimming pool. He came to a stop, finding Freil near the ice machine.

“Mr. Omah, would you happen to know where the pool is?” Tim asked stepping to the side of the machine.

“Right that way,” Freil pointed. “Walked past it when I went to my room.”

“Thanks.”

Tim kept moving, glimpsing back at Freil before turning the corner. He looked toward the end of the hall, a pair of large doors could be seen. As he got closer the scent of the pool could be picked up.

“It must be just past these doors.”

Tim made his way over, pushing the two doors to the side. He entered a large room, the pool being near the center.

“Guess this must be an inside pool, unlike on the Seawolf.” Tim said walking in.

He looked to the pool, catching a glimpse of her at the side of his eye. She sat at the edge, her chin resting upon her palm. He turned, observing the rest of the room. There was no one but the two of them. Tim took a deep breath, deciding to join her at the pool side. He walked over, taking a seat a few inches to the side of her. She turned to see who it was, then back to the water.

“How’s the shoulder?”

It took her a few seconds to respond.

“Still sore.” Kazuha replied moving her feet through the water.

The two of them sat in silence, both staring down to the water. Tim looked over at her a few seconds later, a smile coming to his face.

“I like your hair.”

She didn’t respond, continuing to move her feet throughout the water. He inched in a little closer, trying once more.

“I meant what I said..... you have really beautiful hair.” Tim said with a slight gulp.

She looked up to him once more, a look of uncertainty in her eyes.

“You sure you’re not just saying that to make me feel better?”

“I’m not, I just didn’t want things to feel weird.”

“Weird?” Kazuha asked.

“I’m friends with your boyfriend,” Tim answered. “That’s why I came up with that bit about not finding long haired girls attractive.”

“Boyfriend, hold on,” Kazuha said slightly raising her voice. “Who said I had a boyfriend?”

“...Aren’t you involved with Heiji Hattori?”

“He is not my boyfriend!!” She snapped causing him to jump back.

“Woh Kazuha, that’s just what I heard.”

“I bet that dart head told you that, hu?”

“I actually heard it from Kudo.” Tim replied.

“Kudo,” Kazuha questioned. “Do you mean Shinichi?”

Nice one Tim, meant to say Conan.”

“Yea...that’s the one.” Tim said shaking his head up and down.

“Heiji probably told him that,” Kazuha said standing to her feet. “I’m going to have a little talk with Heiji when I get home.”

Tim watched as she walked back to the door, exiting the pool area.

All I wanted to do was get on her good side, guess I messed up a tad,” Tim thought to himself. “This is all Conan’s fault, he should have been more clear.”

He sat in the silence of the room for the next few minutes, staring to the far wall. The door opened soon after, he turned to see Shoji with Yuji and Kamiko at his side. The three headed his way.

“How’s it going there Tim?” Shoji asked.

“Not bad, just resting up a little.”

“That was really cool how you found out the killer.” Kamiko commented.

“It was awesome,” Yuji added stepping to the other side of him. “Where’s Conan?”

“He should be here any minute.” Tim replied.

“Good, because I want to learn how to be a detective.”

“Me to!” Kamiko jumped with excitement.

Shoji smiled at this.

“Think you can watch them for a bit,” Shoji asked. “I have a little something I need to do.”

“That’s ok with me, they can hang with Conan when he comes out.”

“Thanks.”

Shoji headed back for the doors while both Yuji and Kamiko jumped into the pool. The two of them swimming near the shallow parts, tossing water at one another. Tim stood up walking over to one of the chairs. He took to his back, resting his head on top of his hands. The sun shined bright through the glass ceiling, further relaxing himself. The door to the room opened a minute later, Tim opening an eye to see Conan approaching.

“Where’s Sonoko?”

“On our way here we ran into Aoko, they began chatting,” Conan answered. “She said I could go on with out her.”

“Think she’ll actually show up?”

“Maybe, so what have you been doing,” Conan asked tossing a towel to one of the chairs.

Water splashed up near his feet, Conan turning to see Yuji and Kamiko smiling up at him.

“You coming in?” Yuji asked.

“Of course.” Conan said walking into the pool.

“Guess Conan can watch them for a bit.” Tim thought laying his head back once more.

He found his eyes closed within that next minute, his mind focused on the Outworlders and Black Yangs.
 

“I’m betting whatever is in that account is important, especially that Yin/Yang box.”

He laid in thought for minutes to come, his mind focused on what their next move would be. They needed to gain the advantage, doing so would require them to know the agend
a of both gangs. The question posed, how would they find out? All this registered through his mind as he lay. A slight tap came to his shoulder, opening his eyes to see Sonoko sitting at the side of the chair next to him.

“Aren’t you going to take a swim?”

“Not right now, I’d rather be the water guard,” Tim replied sitting up. “What about you?”

She simply smiled, laying to her stomach.

“Hey Conan,” Sonoko called out. “Come here for a minute.”

Conan looked up from the water to see her grinning over at him.

“What does she want now?”

“I’ll be right back you guy’s.”

“Hurry back.” Kamiko said with a splash.

He stepped out grabbing the towel he had thrown to the chair, drying himself as he walked over.

“What is it you need?” Conan asked.

She pulled out a thing of sun oil, handing the container to Conan.

“What is this for,” Conan asked. “You want me to use some for my skin?”

“No silly,” Sonoko said laying flat. “I want you to spread it across my back.”

Conan jumped up, nearly dropping the bottle from his hands.

“Are you sure,” Conan asked looking to the glass ceiling. “I don’t think you can get a tan from here.”

“I wonder if Ran has called,” Sonoko said reaching for her phone. “She might be worried about you, maybe I should let her know where we are.”

“Where did you say you wanted it again?” Conan asked narrowing his eyes.

“On my back.” Sonoko said then directing her attention to Tim. “It would also be nice if someone could do my legs.”

“Great....should have seen that coming.” Tim thought to himself.

Tim pushed up, standing next to Conan who popped the top open. She rested her chin on top of her hands, waiting for the two of them to begin. Conan poured some of the liquid into his hand, squirting some into Tim’s before placing the container to the ground. They both stood there, waiting for the other to make the first move.

“Children first.” Tim said giving Conan the honor of getting things started.

He slightly grunted before reaching forward, moving his hands up and down her back. Conan looked over to Tim who looked like he was ready to laugh.

“Why aren’t my legs being taken care of?” Sonoko turned with a snap.

Conan nearly laughed at this.

“Right away princess.” Tim said quickly kneeling to the side of the chair.

He touched down upon her skin, flowing in rhythm with Conan’s strokes. They did this for about a minute before she spoke out.

“My ankles aren’t a borderline Timmy, make sure you get my feet to,” Sonoko said before turning to Conan. “You’re doing good with the shoulders, how about my neck now.”

She laid flat, pushing her hair to the side. Conan gulped, beginning to massage the sides of her neck.

“Boy do I wish I could switch duties with Conan right now.”

“Wow...you two are doing such a wonderful job,” Sonoko said with a moan. “We need to do this more often.

Both Conan and Tim looked to the other, nearly cringing at her reaction. Tim looked up as they continued, trying to focus his mind elsewhere.

“Can’t believe I’m actually doing this, and to think,” Conan thought looking down to her. “She’s enjoying every second of it.”

He to found his mind wondering off, into nothing but blank emptiness. They continued through
the procedure, neither keeping count on how long they were doing it for. Sonoko eked out a few minutes later, snapping the two back into reality.

“What’s wrong?” Conan asked.

Sonoko pushed up from the chair looking straight to Tim who stood up as well.

“What did I do?”

“What did you do,” Sonoko stomped. “Don’t tell me you didn’t realize how far your hands were moving up my legs.”

“Oops, guess I entered the red zone,” Tim said rubbing the back of his head. “I was a little dosed off if you know what I mean.”

She glared over at him for a few seconds, his smile slowly cooling her off. She grabbed her phone from the chair, walking in between the two of them.

“I’m going to go see what’s taking Aoko so long, I’ll be back.”

The two of them watched as she headed for the doors.

“Nice going Tim, I thought we’d never get out of that.”

“I was thinking the same thing,” Tim said looking down to him. “Let’s make sure no more opportunities like that arise.”

“Agreed.” Conan said with a nod.

With that the both of them remained discreet throughout the rest of the day, anywhere she was, they weren’t. Tim looked to his watch.

“It’s past eleven,” Tim said looking back up. “She’s got to be asleep by now.”

“No doubt,” Conan said in agreement. “Good call, I guess she didn’t come to the weight room after all.”

They put the equipment used back into place before heading for the doors.

“What are you two still doing up?” Takeo asked noticing them as he walked down the hall.

“Just working out a little.” Tim replied.

“He loves to stay in shape.” Conan added.

“That’s good to know, I’ll see you detectives tommarrow.”

“Sure thing.” Tim said with a wave.

He waved back before walking in the opposite direction of them. They came upon room fourteen, Tim swiping the card in place. He slowly cracked the door open, the two of them quietly stepping in. Tim signaled for Conan to stay put. It took a few moments for his eyes to adapt to the dark, peaking around the corner to find Sonoko asleep in one of the beds.

“We’re good, she’s out.” Tim whispered.

The both of them moved through the dark, managing to get into their night clothes without awaking her.

“Mission complete.” Conan thought taking to his end of the bed.

Unlike on the on the previous ship, their night was not interrupted by screams of terror.

Sea hawks flapping by awoke him that next morning, the sound of typing to the desk near the side wall. Conan rolled up, looking to see Tim on his laptop.

“What are you looking at?” Conan asked.  

“CMX4, it’s an account located at the down town bank,” Tim said looking over to him. “Not very far from where you live.”

“Good, when are we going to go check it out?” Conan asked jumping down from the bed.

“As soon as we arrive back, which should be later this evening.”

“I thought this cruise was until Saturday.”

“It was,” Tim said standing from the chair. “But after the events on the Seawolf it got cut off a day.”

“I have no problem with that, the sooner we find out what’s in that box the better.” Conan said.

Tim closed the laptop, sticking it back into his bag.

“Where’s Sonoko?” Conan noticing her absence.  

“She went to grab some breakfast,” Tim replied grabbing a clean pair of clothes before heading to the bathroom. “I’m going to take a quick shower.”

“Did she wonder where we were all day?”

“I told her I was working out.”

“Guess we have to find a new place to hide around.”

“There’s plenty of those,” Tim said pushing the bathroom door open. “I’d pack up if I were you.”

Conan walked over to the drawer, getting into his clothes for the day. He turned on the TV, watching the incoming news. His eyes widening at what he saw.

“Uh oh, looks like the killings on the Seawolf have hit the news,” Conan thought to himself. “Hopefully Ran hasn’t heard about it yet.”

Tim came from the shower a few minutes later, drying himself before getting into his clothes. He walked back out to see Conan placing the last of his things into his bag.

“All done.”

“Guess you’re free to do whatever since that’s out of the way.”

“What about you?” Conan asked.

“I’ve packed most everything,” Tim said walking over to the drawer. “Just a few extra things left.”

Conan waited for him to finish, which didn’t take long.

“Looks like we’re all done, what do you say we head out to the deck?”

“Sounds alright to me.”

Conan lead the way as they walked through the hall, making their way to the main deck. They looked over to see Sonoko and Aoko standing near the railing, both looking out to sea.

“Think we should join them?” Tim asked.

“We don’t exactly have anything better to do.”

“Guess you make a point,” Tim said as they walked over. “If this turns into a double oil down, I got dibs on Aoko.”

“Don’t jinx it genius.”   

Aoko and Sonoko turned as the two joined them.

“I see you both decided to finally come from that room." Sonoko said.

“We just finished packing.” Tim said.

He looked on from the balcony, watching.... trying to pin his finger around it. There was something about them, something he had never seen in anyone before.

“They complemented eachother so well, reading what the other was thinking.”

A couple more hawks flew by, calling out as they did. He continued to watch, the waves colliding with the sides of the ship. Alerting footsteps came from behind, coming to a stop at the side of him.

“You’re watching them again.....aren’t you?”

He held firm in his stance, keeping his sights set on the two of them. She took another step toward him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Bondo, what’s wrong?”

He removed his hands from behind himself, turning to face her.

“They’re intriguing....unique.”

“I’ve never seen you act this way.”

“Tell me Ladislav,” Bondo said turning back to look down at them. “Have you ever seen a boy of Conan’s age that brilliant, keen, deductive.....that fearless?”

“No, I haven’t.” Ladislav replied.

The sound of the sea hawks vanishing into the distance was the only thing heard for the moments to come.

“Timothy and Conan have striked my interest, I look forward to learning more about these......detectives.”

The four of them stood there for hours to come, talking about recent events
, with a little joking from time to time.

“I think Setsuko is playing the piano, any of you interested in listening to her?" Aoko asked.

“We’ve been standing for the last few hours," Sonoko said. “I could use a seat, count me in."

“We’ll all go." Tim said in agreement.

Conan turned to see Kazuha heading over just before the four of them began walking.

“Kazuha, what have you been doing all day?” Sonoko asked.

“I lost my phone,” Kazuha said with a huff. “I was hoping someone could help me find it.”

“I’ll help you.” Aoko said.

“Actually I was wondering if Tim could help me,” She said directing her focus to him. “He seems to have a good eye for detail.”

“Sure.....I’ll help you.”

“Once you find the phone, you can both join us in the piano room.” Sonoko said.

“We won’t be long,” Kazuha said turning to walk. “Right this way Tim.”

He walked at her side, neither saying a word to the other the whole way there. Kazuha pulled out her key card, opening the door to the room. She guided him in, taking a seat at one of the beds.

“So where’s the last place you remember seeing it?” Tim asked as he began looking.

“Right there on the table.” She said pointing.

He continued to look around, checking the bathroom, under the beds, the pillows, chairs, and even the closet. He found no sign of the phone. Tim turned around to see Kazuha still sitting at the end of the bed, her right leg crossed over her left.

“Do you mind if I go through your drawers?” Tim asked.

“Not at all.”

He began searching through every single one, giving each one a clean sweep. He caught a glimpse of her at the side of his eye.

“Why isn’t Kazuha helping, dosen’t she want to find her phone?”

Tim opened yet another drawer, getting the same luck as the previous three.

“I don’t know what to tell you Kazuha, but I just can’t find it.”

“That’s ok, at least you tried.” She said stepping up from the bed.

“So....how do you feel about my stitching job?” Tim asked.

“Not bad, for an amateur that is.” Kazuha jokingly replied.

He brushed this off. She lead him back to the front door, holding it open for him.

“Wait a minute, there’s something we didn’t try.”

Tim lifted a brow.

“Care to share your idea?” Tim asked.

“How about you try dialing my number, if my phone is on we’ll hear it ring.”

“That might actually work,” Tim said pulling out his phone. “So what’s your number?”

Kazuha gave him her number, Tim dialing it the next second. A sinister grin came to her face as a ringing sound can be heard. Kazuha reached into her pocket, sliding out her phone.

“Oh...there it is.”

“Wait a minute,” Tim said crossing his arms. “You never lost your phone did you?”

“If you’re ever up in Osaka be sure to call me,” Kazuha said slowly pushing the door shut. “I’d love to show you around.”

He could see the smile across her face as the door closed before him.

“Can’t believe she got me with that,” Tim thought shaking his head from side to side. “Not only did she want my number, but made sure I got hers.....clever.”

He made his way to the piano room, taking a seat next to Conan who looked up at him.

“How’d it go?” Conan asked. “Did you find the phone.”

“Yep.”

“He was a little quick on that exchange, I wonder what happened up there.”

They sat in the piano room for the next few hours, listening to her play different tunes
every few minutes. Sonoko looked to the clock, sitting up when it rolled past five thirty.

“Where are you going?” Conan asked.

“Back to the room ofcourse, I have to go pack my things.”

“We’ll come with you,” Tim said standing from the chair. “I think it’s time we rounded everything up.”

“Just make sure the two of you don’t get in my way.” Sonoko warned turning to walk.

Women and their space.” Tim muttered following after.

Once back in the room they strapped their bags to their shoulders, waiting for Sonoko to get all her things together. Ten minutes quickly turned into twenty.

“How long do you think until she finishes?”

“I’m guessing at least another five.” Conan replied.

That additional five minutes turned into another ten. The two of them sat slouched forward, becoming very impatient with the length of time it was taking her. After another few minutes of waiting she came from the bathroom, sliding her tooth brush into the side pocket of her bag.

“All done, you boys ready to head back down?”

“Most defiantly,” Conan said in relief. “I was wondering when you would finish.”

“You could have waited down stairs you know?”

“That’s enough you two, let’s not start an argument,” Tim said standing up from the bed. “How about we just head back to the deck and wait until we arrive, sound good?”

“Last one out buy’s dinner.” Sonoko said rushing for the door.

“Have fun, Conan and I aren’t playing,” Tim said as Conan darted past him. “Oh kay then....guess I spoke to soon.”

He walked out last, Sonoko and Conan smiling over at him.

“Every wrong thing is happening to me today.”

They made it back to the main deck, the view of the city not far from their position. Shoji walked up to the three, leaning up against the railing.

“It was nice meeting the three of you, when I host my show after next months I’ll be sure to have more spare tickets to invite you two as well.” Shoji said looking to Conan and Tim.

“We’d love that.” Conan said.

“That would be great.” Tim added.

The ship moved in, reaching the docks within the next few minutes. Captain L gave everyone a wave as they all stepped down the stairs, walking toward the city.

“It’s good to be back on land,” Tim said taking a few steps. “Especially after what happened.”

It didn’t take long for the two to realize Sonoko was missing. They turned to see her talking with Kazuha and Aoko.

“Guess they’re saying their goodbyes.” Tim said.

“Don’t see why,” Conan said kicking a rock to the side. “They’ll be seeing eachother around anyway.”

A minute passed as they both waited.

“How long do you think this will take?”

“I’m not even going to answer that.” Conan replied.

Luckily it only lasted a minute. Aoko waved over to the both of them, Conan and Tim waving back. Kazuha winked over to them, Tim gulped knowing it was mainly directed to him.

“Let’s go, my legs are getting tired.” Sonoko said rejoining them.

“So, what are we going to have for dinner?” Conan asked as they walked.

“I don’t know Conan,” Sonoko said beginning to give it some thought. “Let’s make it somewhere expensive.”

“Yea,” Conan said in agreement. “There’s this place up the block from the theater, heard they have some really quality stuff.”

Tim shook his head from side to side, not exactly humored by either of them. Sonoko’s phone began to vibrate, pulling it up to see she had five missed calls.

“Guess we’re going to have to cancel dinner.” Sonoko said.

“What’s wrong?” Tim asked.

“Ran try’d calling five times.”

“You think she’s already home from the art show?”

“Probably,” Sonoko said putting her phone away. “I think I better take Conan home, that dosen’t mean you don’t still owe us a dinner.”

“Your not going to tell her...are you?” Tim asked.

Sonoko signaled for a taxi just as they approached the side of the road. It didn’t take long for one to arrive.

“I guess it all depends on my mood when we get there.” Sonoko said finally answering his question.

The cab driver stepped out, taking their bags from their hands. Conan looked to see Tim walking off.

“Where are you going?” Conan asked.

“I have a stop I need to make before heading back to the apartment,” Tim replied. “I’ll call you in the morning.”

Conan nodded, jumping into the back seat along with Sonoko. The cab ride was a quiet one. He was tired, but at the same time nervous at what Sonoko might tell Ran. She sat back resting her eyes, the events of the past few days clipping through her mind. They arrived infront of the Mouri residents after about a forty minute drive.

“Here we go,” Conan thought to himself. “Either a warm hug, or a thrashing of words.”

He found himself clenching the palms of his hands, every step up the stairs more draining than the last. They came to a stop infront of the door, Conan froze at the sound of her knocks at the door.

“Please don’t let her...”

His thoughts went blank as the door slid open.

“There you two are,” Ran said with the sound of relief in her voice. “I’ve been trying to reach you all day.”

“My phone was off, didn’t mean to give you a scare.” Sonoko said as she and Conan stepped in.

“Where were you guys anyway?”

“This is it, make or break.”

Sonoko briefly glimpsed down at him, sending a shiver down his spine.

“On a cruise,” Sonoko answered. “We left Wednesday morning.”

“How was it,” Ran asked. “Meet anyone interesting.”

“It was rather boring,” Sonoko said looking to the side. “Conan was the only thing keeping me sane from my bordem.”

Ran laughed at this.

“Great she didn’t tell.... that almost makes up for that derailing
massage.” Conan thought to himself.

“Sounds awful, the art show was great.”

“Meet any interesting people?” Sonoko asked taking a step forward.

“Maybe.” She said mysteriously.

Ran then looked to Conan who smiled up at her.

“Dinner will be ready shortly,” Ran said. “Why don’t you go to your room and unpack.”

“Ok, I’ll be back in a bit.”

They continued to talk as Conan headed to his room, a semi smile coming to his face.

“Looks like Sonoko really came through for us, guess you could say I’m a little surprised.”

Cars roared through the streets, the moon resting in between the clouds giving off it’s fume of light. He walked past a few people, a smirk resting on the side of his face. He approached a pay phone, sticking a couple coins in while dialing.

“How did it go?” A damp voice spoke.

“Perfect, they know nothing of my involvement.”

“What did they learn?”

“We had some detective wannabe’s aboard, but all they were able to gather was the name of the account.”

“Anything else?”

“Yes, they also have knowledge of the Yin/Yang box,” He informed. “But it all dosen’t matter, everything has been moved from that location.”

“Excellent.”

“What happens next sir?”

“I’ll let you know when the time comes.....you’ve done well, Norio.”

To Be Continued






Converting /tmp/phpF8EiKR to /dev/stdout