Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ One Big Twist ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Detective Prince
Chapter 33
One Big Twist

"Did you hear that?" Sonoko asked in a trembling voice.

"It sounded like.. like someone is in trouble." Ran said.

"You two stay here and watch the children," Tim instructed. "I'm going to go check it out."

He took off in that instant, moving as quickly as he could.

"Tim wait!" Ran called out.

There was no looking back, the only thing to his mind being to find out what was taking place. He made it around the corner to come across a small group of people, all eyes glued to someone dressed in a monster suit. He looked on in confusion. Then the scream hit once again, coming from the monster creature itself.

"You have got to be kidding me." Tim thought with the cross of his arms.

He heard her foot steps as she approached, not surprised one bit.

"I thought I told you to stay with the others." Tim said.

"Sonoko is more than capable of watching them for a few seconds." Ran stated.

"Well you wasted your time coming," Tim pointed out. "Monster guy here must be putting on some kind of show."

"Well that's good to hear," Ran said relieved. "At least no one is hurt."

"Guess we better head back before they begin to worry about us." Tim said.

"Right."

As they turned to walk back Sonoko came from around the corner with everyone else right behind.

"What happened?" Sonoko asked.

"Nothing." Tim replied.

"Sonoko I told you to stay back," Ran stated. "What if something really was going on, you would have put yourself in harms way."

"Not to mention the kids." Tim added.

Sonoko rolled her eyes while looking directly down to Conan.

"I thought I told you to stay back and watch the others!"

Tim couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation.

"I swear, you guys are like a bunch of domino pieces," Tim humorously stated. "One goes, the others are sure to follow."

"Not funny." Sonoko said.

The scream could be heard once more, everyone looking as he removed the mask from upon his head.

"Woh, cool." Mitsuhiko said walking over along with Mitsuhiko.

"Hey sir,"  Ayumi said grabbing his attention. "How did you do that scream?"

"I have a sound system installed into the masks tubbing."

"Wow, I wish I had one of those."  Mitsuhiko said.

"I'd say that's some impressive hardware you got," Tim said approaching. "So what are you doing in that suit anyway?"

"Trying to help broadcast the Trex theme park, you should go" He replied. "It's only about two blocks from here."

"A theme park," Tim said giving it some thought. "You know, we might just do that."

"Great, the more people we can get the better."

He headed back over with Mitsuhiko and Ayumi right at his side.

"What were you talking to him about?" Ran asked.

"I asked him why he was dressed up like that, he said it was to broadcast a theme park up that way," Tim replied. "I think we should go give it a look."

"I'm in!" Genta shouted.

"I'd love to go check it out as well." Mitsuhiko agreed.

"I kinda like the idea myself," Sonoko admitted. "What do you think Ran?"

"Would the rest of you like to go?" Ran asked.

"You can count me in." Conan answered.

"Me to." Ayumi added.

Ai nodded, closing up the debate.

"Then it's settled," Ran said looking back to Sonoko. "We're going."

He gave them exact directions of where it was held, placing the monster mask back to his head once doing so. Tim lead the way with Conan walking to the left of him. The stop light flashed red as they made their way across.

"So what was that bit about you tutoring?" Conan asked.

"Say again."

"Back when you were talking, I heard you mention helping Sonoko raise her chemistry grade," Conan restated. "What exactly did you do?"

"It was an accident, one I don't feel like talking about." Tim replied.

"Is that so?"

"If you really want to know I'll tell you later," Tim said. "After this whole thing mellows down."

"Just forget it, I don't care to know all that much anyway." Conan said dropping the topic. "On another note, did you happen to find out what was in that box?"

"Negative I'm afraid," Tim replied. "The system wasn't able to identify whatever was in there."

"Great, that puts us right back at square one."

"What are the two of you talking about?" Ayumi asked catching up.

"Nothing really," Conan said. "Just going over our scores on that computer game."

"Oh wow, I didn't know you played to." Ayumi said looking up to him.

"I try to, occasionally that is," Tim stated. "Though I will say I'm not quite as proficient at it as Conan."

All conversation was put on hold as they turned up yet another block, a long line leading to the theme park being seen.

"Looks like we made it." Conan said

"And with plenty of time to spare," Tim added looking to his watch. "We have at least three hours before sun down."

They took to the back of the line which happened to be moving at a rather decent pace.

"At this rate we should be to the front in about three minutes." Mitsuhiko said.

"Do you think there's a ferris wheel," Ayumi asked. "I'd love to go on that."

"I don't know," Genta said bringing a hand to his eyes. "I can't see one from here."

A young man to the front of the two looked back, smiling down to them.

"Did you kids just mention a ferris wheel?"

"Yea," Genta answered. "We were wondering if there was one at this theme park."

"Ferris wheels are the best." Ayumi added.

"Well worry not, they have one clear to the far left of the center."

"How do you know for sure," Genta asked. "I can't see it from here."

"Give it some time, I'm sure we'll see it as soon as we get in," Tim said entering the fray. "Nice to meet you, I'm Tim."

"Good to meet you Tim," He said shaking his hand. "My names Eito by the way."

"You come alone?" Tim asked.

"Not exactly." Eito said less than enthusiastic.

He turned to those right to the front of him, mumbling something in the process.

"These are the two clowns who dragged me here, my sister Chiyo and her boyfriend Hajime." Eito muttered.  

"Did I hear you mention my name Eito?" Chiyo asked turning around.

"Not at all," Eito replied. "I was just talking with these three I met."

"Feel free to introduce me anytime." Chiyo stated.

Eito rolled his eyes at her remark with a huff.

"This is my annoying sister Chiyo," Eito said. "All I wanted to do was stay home and finish up the last hour of the game."

"Oh hush, you have an excuse for everything," Chiyo said looking away from him."So what's your name?"

"Tim," He replied. "And this is Ayumi and Genta."

"Hi." Ayumi greeted with a wave.

She smiled in return, turning to the side while tapping him to his shoulder. He looked to her in concern.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't be so tense Hajime," Chiyo said. "I just wanted you to meet Tim and his little friends."

"Which ones Tim?" Hajime asked looking to the back of the line.

"That'd be me." Tim answered holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you," Hajime said shaking his hand while looking down to the other two. "And what are your names?"

"I'm Genta and this is Ayumi."

"So is it just you and the two children?" Chiyo asked.

He could hear them step to his side just as he was to answer.

"Hey Tim, who are your new friends?" Sonoko asked.

"Chiyo, Hajime, and Eito," Tim replied. "And this is Ran and Sonoko."

"I had a feeling you were with more than just the kids." Chiyo said.

"Have you ever been to this theme park before?" Ran asked.

"Hajime and Chiyo have on multiple occasions," Eito replied. "This will be my first."

"If you guys want to try something fun, I'd advice the Dragon Spin." Hajime suggested.

"What's the Dragon Spin?" Sonoko asked.

"Only the best roller coaster ride known to man." Hajime replied.

The line moved forward at the same pace, quickly making their way to the front. Tim stepped to the side as the others continued to talk, looking  to Conan who appeared to be deep within his thoughts. He decided not to bother him, directing his attention elsewhere. As they approached she felt a strange feeling come over her, that vibe she'd get when something bad was to happen. Then she saw it to the side of her eyes, his locked directly to hers.

"Why is he staring at me like that?"

"Who's staring at you." Hajime asked from the side of her.

"The man over there." Ran pointed only to see he was gone.

"I don't see anyone," Sonoko said. "Do you know what he looked like?"

"Never mind," Ran said looking away. "It's probably nothing."

They reached the ticket booth a short time after, pushing through a large gate which lead to the park itself.

"I hope you all have fun." Chiyo said.

"Why don't you come with us," Ran suggested. "You obviously know this place, maybe you could show us around."

"Thanks for the offer, but there's someone I want to talk with first," Chiyo said. "I don't want to hold any of you up."

"Who do you need to talk with?" Sonoko asked.

"Old friend of ours," Eito answered. "He actually works here."

"We'll let you get to that then," Ran said. "Hopefully we'll see the three of you some time later tonight."

"I'd love that," Chiyo said. "Maybe we could even ride the Dragon Spin together."

"We'll be on the look out." Ran said.

"Great, then I guess we'll catch you all later." Hajime said.

They watched as the three walked to the left, disappearing amongst the large crowd. Ran began walking with everyone following at her side.

"There's so much to do," Ran said looking from side to side. "Any idea what you guys want to do first."

A smirk formed to Tim's face at what he saw.

"Check out that horse," Tim pointed. "Conan you should go give it a try, I have plenty of coins so you should be set."

"Yea right," Conan rejected. "I think I'll pass."

"Why," Tim questioned. "I'm positive you'll get your money's worth."

"No thanks." Conan said reassuringly.

Conan could still see the grin to his face as they walked, ignoring him as best he could.

"Why didn't you ride the pony," Ai asked walking to the side of him. "It couldn't have been all that bad, right?"

"I'm not even going to answer that." Conan replied continuing to look forward.

They continued observing the many activities while walking, not sure where to begin. Sonoko grabbed Ran to her arm, pulling her to a small group of people waiting for a chance to swing some type of hammer.

"This looks like it could be fun." Sonoko said.

"But we don't even know what they're doing." Ran stated.

"That's why we need to wait to find out." Sonoko said.

"Just what we need, more waiting." Conan thought.

Minutes passed as they inched their way to the front, watching as a man took the large hammer, slamming it straight to the bullseye symbol with a bang.

"That's a solid 86," The hoster yelled in excitement. "Five points higher than the current leader on the board!"

"This looks fun," Genta said. "I wanna give it a try."

"Sorry to say, but I don't think you or I could compete in something like this." Mitsuhiko said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Genta asked crossing his arms.

"Look at us, we're way to small," Mitsuhiko replied. "There's no way we'll out do any of the adults."

Genta gave his statement some thought, quickly realizing he was right.

"Bummer, and here I was hoping to top them all." Genta pouted.

"Don't worry," Conan said coming to his side. "There's plenty of other activities here you can try that you may be able to take top spot in."

They watched as someone else took a swap at it, hitting a solid 75.

"Good effort, but I'm afraid it won't be enough to take the top prize," He said while then turning to Ran and Sonoko. "It looks like you two are up, so who wants to go first?"

"Why don't you go Ran," Sonoko said. "That way I have an idea of where I may land."

Ran nodded, taking a step on to the stage. He handed her the hammer while leading her to where the large red button lay.

"You're awarded one practice swing if you so choose."

"That's alright," Ran said gripping it in between her fingers. "One shot is all I'll need."

She lifted it over the top of her head, feeling it's weight surging throughout her arms. She took one last breath with the close of her eyes, releasing with imposing force. Everyone jumped up in excitement.

"97!"

That was all he could say, still stunned with shock.

"In all my years of doing this no one has ever got past 89," He said approaching Ran. "That is one incredible feat you've placed!"

"Some how I knew I should have went first." Sonoko muttered under her breath.

"I guess I went a little over the top." Ran said with a smile handing him the hammer back.

"Well, that means it's your turn."

Sonoko brought the hammer into her possession, slowly making her way to the spot. She lifted the hammer, trying her best to blank out all thoughts. Then in the moment, she picked her spot, firing down as hard as she could.

"78, not bad," He complimented. "Very good infact."

"You really mean that?" Sonoko asked handing him the hammer.

"The average for a woman your sizes has been about 72," He informed. "So I'd say the two of you are to be reckon with."

Sonoko grinned, feeling more than satisfied now. She turned as Tim stepped to the stage, stretching his arms as he did.

"You here that Timmy, my hit power is amongst the elites," Sonoko said proudly. "You could only hope to do that good."

"Oh please," Tim said as he is handed the hammer. "I could beat that even on a sick day."

"Is that a bet?" Sonoko asked bringing her hands to her waist.

"Of course not, it's a guarantee."

He tightened the grip in his right hand to the handle, gazing down to the bullseye with high intent.

"Sir I'd advice placing both hands to the handle, you'll score a higher number."  

"Don't need to." Tim replied lifting it with one quick deadly strike.

Everyone gasped out, a smile coming to Conan's face.

"Not bad, don't know how he managed to land an 82 with the use of only one of his arms," Conan thought to himself. "But impressive none the less."

He walked over, stretching his right arm once more.

"Was...was that your..practice swing?" He asked.

"Na, that was it," Tim replied heading off stage. "Hey guys I saw something you might like by a gift shop we passed."

"Cool, I'd love to see it." Conan said following after him.

"Me to." Ayumi said.

"Wait for me." Genta said going as well.

Everyone else just watched, still shocked at what they had just seen.

"First Ran, then Tim," Mitsuhiko said. "Who'd of thought they'd take the floor like that."

Ai stood next to him in silence, waiting for Ran to collect her prize.

It slithered along the sides of the wall of it's exhibit, several more following in it's place. He smiled down, looking back to the others.

"Now tell me if that isn't amazing."

"It's just a bunch of mechanical snakes," Conan said less than intrigued. "What's so spectacular about that?"

"Hush Kudo, I wasn't looking for your response." Tim muttered to where only Conan could hear.   

"I think it's cool," Ayumi said. "You might be able to scare someone with one of these."

"No kidding," Genta said in agreement. "It looks so real, you'd never know it was fake in the dark."

"Tim, are you afraid of snakes?" Ayumi asked.

"It depends," Tim replied. "How big are we talking?"

The four of them turned to the side to be joined by Ran and the others once again.

"Ran what did you get for your prize?" Conan asked.

"A very stylish bracelet," Ran replied showing it off. "It even has a pearl on it."

"What a neat reward." Genta commented.

"Tim how come you didn't give it your all back there?" Ran asked out of curiosity.

"I didn't care to win," Tim explained. "All I wanted was to outdo Sonoko, which I accomplished quite handily."

Conan looked to Sonoko who clutched her fists in response, glaring over to Tim who had already turned away.

"He's really enjoying pushing her buttons, I wonder just how far he plans on taking this little bout." Conan thought to himself.

"How about we try out some of the rides," Ran suggested trying to change the mood. "I can see the bumper cars from here."

"You guys go right on ahead," Tim said. "I'll be right here."

"Come on Tim, it'll be fun." Ran said convincingly.

"I would," Tim said with a grin. "It's just...I'd hate to outshine Sonoko for a second time."

"What was that?!"

"What are you doing?" Conan whispered nudging him to the leg.

"It's part of the plan," Tim whispered back. "Just tag along, you'll see."

He wasn't sure what to think, taking a step away.

"What could he  be planning," Conan thought. "I hardly see how any of this has anything to do with Haibara."

He waited as she approached, staying steady to his stance.

"You wanna take that back?!"

"Why are you yelling Sonoko," Tim asked with a laugh. "I was only kidding."

"Then what's so funny?" Sonoko snapped.

"You're over reacting."

"Tim's right, he was only joking" Ran said. "Why don't we drop all this nonsense and get back to what brought us here in the first place."

"Couldn't have put it any better." Tim said in agreement.

"How about not," Sonoko stated crossing her arms. "You may have scored higher than me in a test of strength, but I'm willing to bet I have your number in all other areas."

"Perfect, she's reacting just like I'd hoped."

"Sonoko please don't turn this into a competition," Ran plead. "Lets just try and have a good time."

"It's to late," Sonoko firmly stated. "I've already made up my mind."

"About what?" Ran asked.

She turned back to Tim, a half smile coming to her face.

"A friendly challenge of course," Sonoko replied. "So what do you say Tim....do you accept?"

"What kind of challenge are we talking?"

"Anything we can find throughout the park."

"Sounds simple enough, I accept." Tim answered

"Come on you two," Ran said stepping in between them. "Cant we just forget about all of this?"

"You don't have to follow us you know," Sonoko said. "It won't take very long."

"If you want, you could even join in." Tim said offering another option.

Her shoulders slouched downward, knowing there was no use in arguing.

"Now where to begin." Sonoko said beginning to search around.

Everyone followed right behind as she walked, staying close together as not to get lost amongst the large crowd.

"This was not what I was expecting when we arrived, but I'll take it." Conan thought to himself.

They came across a man sitting to a large table alone. He looked up as they approached pulling a slick piece of blue silk from his upper pocket.

"Oh, how nice of you kids to join me, call me Sal," He said in a sinister tone. "I take it you've come in the matter of testing your sight, correct?"

"I love stuff like this," Sonoko stated. "So how does this work?"

He pulled a golf ball from his other pocket, wrapping the silk around it. They continued to watch as he laid five cups to the table, placing one of them over the wrapped ball. Tim stepped next to Sonoko, making sure he had a clear view.

"Keep your eye on the prize."

With that he began to scramble them from one side to the other, both keeping a strong focus. He stopped after roughly twenty seconds, resting his hands to his lap with an evil grin.

"So tell me," Sal said leaning back. "Which glass does the ball of silk lye?"

"That one." Sonoko replied pointing to the top left.

He then looked to Tim who pointed to the one directly in the middle.

"It's that one," Tim said confidently. "You never moved it from that spot."

"Of course he did," Sonoko said. "All the rotations happened through the middle."

"That was done to play with our eyes, alluding us from the real trick," Tim said. "He wrapped the silk to the ball to keep it from making any noise when the cups touched."

"But I saw him move it."

"What you saw was the spinning of the cup, the others shifting around it."

"Well there's only one way to find out." Sonoko said looking back to Sal.

He slid his hand around all the cups that surround it, reaching for the one in the middle. He pulled it up, a frown immediately coming to her face.

"That's two to zero." Tim said rubbing it in.

Sal stood from the chair, impressed with the results.

"How perceptive of you," Sal commented. "You're one of the few whose been able to crack that trick at first glimpse."

He then turned to the back wall, sliding a sheet to the side to reveal all the prizes.

"Go right on ahead, you're free to choose whatever you want."

"Any of you see anything you like?" Tim asked looking back to the others.

"I'll be fine, I have enough at the house to keep me entertained." Conan stated.

"That sword looks cool," Genta pointed. "You should get that."

Tim looked back to Sal, giving him the nod. Once receiving it he handed it down to Genta who wielded it in hand.

"Be careful with that," Ran warned. "I don't want you to accidently hit someone."

"So Sonoko, are we done yet?" Tim asked.

She mumbled something as she walked past him, looking for yet another chance at topping him.

"Guess that answers that."

They walked for a couple minutes, coming across a juggling competition. Sonoko looked over, giving it some thought before walking over.

"Juggling," Tim questioned with the raise of his hands. "Are you sure about this Sonoko?"

"What's wrong," Sonoko asked. "Juggling not your thing?"

He didn't reply, following her over to the small group. Conan stood a few yards away, luckily finding a pole to lean to. He found his eyes wondering after a minute of standing, so much going on in all directions. Through it all something managed to grab his attention. He looked to see a man standing to a shaded area, dressed in all black with a briefcase in hand.

"This guy doesn't look to be doing anything....is he waiting for something?"

Conan continued to watch him, checking to see if anything was to happened. His sense of time and environment became lost, fixated to him, and him alone. His suspicions proved worthwhile, watching as another man approached. They exchanged a few words, handing him the briefcase in the process before the two headed in separate directions.

"That didn't look good," Conan thought. "I wonder what all that was about."


Before he could further act on the situation he heard someone running from his side, turning as Mitsuhiko came to a stop in front of him.

"Why are you standing over here by yourself?"

"Just thinking." Conan replied.

"Well in any case," Mitsuhiko said reaching from behind. "Check out this airplane I got, one good toss is all it takes to get this baby flying."

"Let me guess, Tim won again?"

That questioned was answered  as the others headed back over, Ran trying to communicate with Sonoko who ignored her. Tim stopped once reaching Conan, a grin to his face.

"That's three to zero."

"Has Sonoko given up yet?" Conan asked.

"She's persistent, I'll give her that," Tim replied. "We better keep moving before they leave us behind."

It still stood clear to his mind as they walked. Should he tell him about what he had saw?
He found himself looking to anyone dressed in black, hoping to find the man he'd just seen minutes prior.

"Neither one of those men headed in the direction of the exit when they took off, they must be camping around somewhere."

Lots of commotion could be seen to the left side as they passed an ice cream stand.

"What do you thinks going on over there?" Ayumi asked.

"I can't tell from here," Ran said. "We'll need to get in closer."

"Everyone seems excited." Ayumi said.

They made their way through, arriving to the front to catch sight of what everyone was watching.

"Target practice," Ran said. "This looks like fun."

"And this time I'm going to win," Sonoko stated. "I hope you're ready Timmy."

"I think we need to take a step back," Tim said. "I think I'm going to pass on this round, lets see how you do against my wingman."

"Your wingman?" Sonoko questioned.

"Of course." Tim replied tapping Conan to his shoulder.

"What, me," Conan exclaimed. "Since when was I your wingman?"

"No time to argue within our little duo," Tim replied. "We have a task at hand, getting the score to 4-0."

"Is this some kind of joke?" Sonoko asked.

"That's yet to be seen," Tim said looking down to Conan. "Give it your best, it's time to put the nail in the coffin."

A few more people gave it a shot, not able to complete the task. They found themselves to the front not long after, both Sonoko and Conan ready to begin.

"So how does this work?" Sonoko asked.

"There are four targets as you can see," She said pulling a dozen balls from a white sack. "You get twelve shots to knock down all targets."

"Sounds easy enough."

"Which one of you plans to go first?"

"Ladies first." Conan declared.

He stepped to the side watching as she brought the first ball to her hand. He looked to her eyes, seeing the desire to get it done. It all went by so quick, finding his turn had arrived.

"Not bad," She commented. "You managed to get it done with the use of Nine balls, with three to spare."

"Ha, try and beat that." Sonoko challenged.

Conan walked to where she had previously stood, giving all the targets a look. The one to the left being the closest, with each to the right further back. He reached into the sack, gripping the ball with a fire. His eyes locked to the target to the far right, releasing with an explosion. Momentum was on his side, following up with the knock down of the remaining three targets.

Tim was the first to begin clapping, everyone doing the same in the seconds that followed. Sonoko turned in disbelief, storming over to her best friend.

"Guess the jokes on you." Tim teased as she passed by.

"Superb job kid," She complimented. "No one has ever hit all four targets in a row on their first try."

"Thanks," Conan replied. "I do a lot of wall ball."

"A performance like that calls for a reward," She said directing his attention to the items hanging from a pole. "So what can I get you young man?"  

He took a few seconds to look everything over, making a quick decision.

"I'll take that." Conan said pointing to a fluffy white pillow.

She handed it down to Conan, giving him one last wave before he walked back to the group. He headed straight for Ayumi, holding the pillow out to her after coming to a stop.

"Is, is that for me?" Ayumi asked.

Conan nodded in response.

"Thanks Conan."

She gave him a hug, Ran being unable to hold back a smile.

"Hey Sonoko, are we done yet?" Tim asked.

She simply ignored him, not interested in speaking with him at the moment. They began walking once more, Conan looking up after feeling a hand coming to his shoulder.

"Well played Kudo." Tim said so only he could hear.

"Thanks, but I just took what you've been doing since we started."

"You make a point," Tim said. "On another positive note, that puts the score at five to zero."

"At this rate we might reach ten."

"Wouldn't doubt it," Tim said. "but really, we should get moving before they think we got lost."

"And if they do, I'd say it was all your fault."

"Funny, I was thinking of saying the same thing."

With that the two of them walked after the others who hadn't gotten far. Several minutes passed, going from one ride to the next. Tim looked over to Sonoko who hadn't said a word to him since the last challenge, a semi smile coming to his face. With the next step he felt a pinch to his side, swaying around to see Ran.

"What was that for?"

"Look how moody you've made Sonoko," Ran pointed out. "You should really try to cheer her up."

"Over my dead body," Tim said bringing his hands to the back of his head. "She's the one who started this remember?"

"That doesn't mean it needs to continue." Ran stated.

"If you're so concerned, why don't you try talking to her yourself?"

"I can't believe how immature you're being."

He smirked at her remark, not giving in one bit. They walked a couple more feet before being rejoined by the people they had met earlier that evening.

"I was hoping we'd bump into you guys again." Eito said.

"Did you ever find your friend you spoke of?" Ran asked.

"We sure did, just ten minutes ago," Chiyo replied. "He's a little busy right now, so we had to cut it short."

"So where are the three of you headed to now?" Tim asked removing his hands from his head.

"The Dragon Spin of course," Hajime replied. "We'd love for the all of you to join us."

"Don't see why not, we haven't been on that side of the park yet." Tim accepted.

"Right this way." Hajime said leading the way.

It took them a little over three minutes to arrive to the coaster, taking to the back of the line once there.

"So this is it huh, looks promising." Sonoko said.

"It has a five foot six limit," Eito informed. "So the kids won't be able to get on."

"You hear that Conan," Tim said looking to him. "You're a few lengths to short my friend."

"Who's going to stay and watch them," Chiyo asked. "We can't just leave them alone."

"No worries, I got it covered." Tim volunteered.

"Good, that covers that." Hajime said.

"Hey, we could wait over there," Genta said pointing. "There's a few benches for us to sit on."  

"Good catch," Tim said. "The five of you can meet us over there when you're done."

"Are you sure," Chiyo asked. "I could stay and watch them."

"I've had enough excitement for the evening as it is," Tim replied. "I don't mind laying back for a bit."

She nodded, watching as the six of them walked over to where the benches wait. They stood in line for the next five minutes, relieved when they made it to the front. The gentlemen to the side removed the chain, allowing for them to enter. Chiyo stepped in first, heading straight for the back.

"Ran where do you want to sit?" Sonoko asked.

"Anywhere but the very front." Ran replied.

"What's wrong, afraid someone might see you scream?" Sonoko teasingly asked.

He made his way to the back as well, crossing his arms at what he came to find.

"Chiyo, you're in my seat." Hajime said.

"I don't see your name on it." She replied buckling in.

"But I always sit there." Hajime stated.

"You look like you're getting frustrated," Chiyo said with a laugh. "Why don't you just sit to the seat in front of me?"

He threw down his arms, doing as she said.

"See, that wasn't so hard now was it?"  

"I hate when she does this."

Not long after they went into motion.

He was the only one to stand, keeping his eyes peeled. The sound of someone dropping down from behind alerted him, turning to see Ai walk over to him.

"I saw you watching something awhile back, just like you're doing now," Ai said. "What is it you're looking for?"

Conan fully extended around, removing his hands from his pockets.

"Earlier I saw a suspicious man dressed in all black, standing to a wall," Conan said. "He was carrying a briefcase."

"Was he waiting for something?"

Conan nodded.

"The guy he was to meet showed up, taking the brief case after a few exchanged words."

"Could you hear any of what was said?" Ai asked.

"There was to much noise, but I'm positive they're still here," Conan stated. "The question is, what were they meeting about?"

Ai did the same, looking for anyone dressed in black. They had no success in finding who they wished to find. Tim noticed their little search, becoming curious himself.

"I wonder what those two are up to."

Then it rained all over, screams coming from all sides. They all looked over, not sure what all the commotion was all about. Then he saw it, something flying down from the sky. It landed a few yards away. Tim jumped up from the bench along with the others, racing over to the scene. Conan and Tim were the first to arrive, leaving them breathless at what they saw. Still strapped to the seat lay Chiyo, blood flowing from the side she land. He knew it was over, but checked for a pulse anyway.

"She's...gone." Conan said standing back to his feet.

"What in the world could have happened," Tim thought. "Guess we'll have to wait for the coaster ride to come to a close to answer that."

To Be Continued








 






  






Converting /tmp/php79RORG to /dev/stdout