Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The First Woman In The World ❯ 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Now
Eta spent months deciding. She attended every Kid heist, watched Kudo Shinichi and Kuroba Kaito's every move, and saw.
She saw two young men, one with open possibilities, and one with many restrictions. One who was hidden, and one who, so often, had almost been found.
She couldn't see him die. She just couldn't bear it. Not again.
So she decided. The Angel and the Silver Bullet, the ones who would fight the Syndicate and draw together others who would, the ones who would ignite the flames of rebellion... they would not be Kudo Shinichi and Mori Ran.
But how to make Kudo Shinichi give up on the Syndicate? He never would, not as long as he lived and breathed. To be safe, he had to forget. It was the only way.
And it worked. She had mixed the Amnesial perfectly, she knew. So surely, he could never remember?
The world always righted itself. So would he. The Silver Bullet was not just a person, nor was the Angel; they were forces of nature. They could not be held back, their course could not be redirected.
People thought of natural forces as wind and gravity. But just the same, so were justice and love; invisible powers that nevertheless directed people powerfully and inexorably. Mere herbs and liquids could not redirect the physical incarnation of such a powerful force of nature.
Eta wondered if she had been wrong, when she remembered; in her dream, the Silver Bullet did not start as a bullet. He was a coin. Heads and tails, both were necessary.
Twins of destiny. The two physical forces of justice. Powerful alone, together... enough to fight the shadows of the Syndicate.
Enough to obliterate them.
**
The darkness is powerful, and always wins. But at the heart of its strength lies weakness. The light of a single candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is not a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
**
 
 
And that is her story. If anyone can recognize where that last quote is from, take solace in the fact that while it means you are quite desperately geeky, you're not as bad as me. I memorized it. XD Now please return to When Pandora's Box Is Opened for the almost literally earth-shattering conclusion! ^_- (and review answers XD)
I do not claim to own any of the characters in Meitantei Conan. They are the intellectual property of Aoyama Gosho. All characters, couples and locations, if Canon, will be faithful to the manga, so if you're into fics with weird pairings like Shinichi and Heiji, the back button is at the top there. The fic may not make sense if you have not read up to chapter 698, which you can do at a site called (read between the lines) O/n/e/ma/n/g/a, but I advise you to buy the official Tankoban novels (up to volume 30 are out in English at the time of writing) so that Aoyama-sensei can afford to continue gracing us with his imagination. Now, I hope you enjoy the fic! (If you don't, please see my previous comments re the back button).