Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Ginta Files ❯ Escape from the deadly kitchen ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Authors Note: Nope. I've got nothing. Just read.

Naturally, Conan, Mitch, and George followed the footsteps through the now light forest. When the footsteps stoped at a rather large tree, everyone was confused, including Conan. 'This can't be possible' He thought 'If the footsteps stop here, then, they should still be here'.
"Conan, whats that up there?" Mitch's voice said, cutting through Conan's thoughts. Conan looked up at the tree, where a bandana hung. "That belongs to Amy!" George yelled. "Umm... how did you know that George?" Mitch asked him. George searched for an answer, but Conan spoke "That doesn't matter right now! We should go talk to the police right now!"

Elsewhere, Amy and Ginta both found themselves locked in a room, that had obviously been abandoned for quite a while now. The sink had roaches inside it, the refridgerator had become a playground for insects, and Ginta was afraid to move, thinking that the wooden floors could break at any moment. He stuck his ear to the door to hear two men talking. "Why did we take these two? What purpose do they serve to us?"
"Becuase, you idiot, he knows the boy that the boss wants us to track down."
"And why are we looking for this boy again?" The first voice asked, confused.
"Becuase, we have unfinished business with him. Now, did you fax the ransom note, like I told you to?"
"Yes. Yes I did".
"Good. I'm going to find him. You make sure those kids don't leave".

Ginta backed away from the door, completley silent. Amy, who had been shaking nervously since the moment they had arrived, asked "Who do you think they are talking about?". Ginta didn't answer. Instead, he looked around the room. Spotting nothing of intrest, he hatched a plan to break out of the room. He looked down at his voice changer bowtie. "Amy, do you still have you're Detective league badge?"
"Yeah, why?" Ginta smiled "I have an idea".

Conan ran home, to tell Richard to call Inspector Miguire. However, when he had gotten there, Rachel ran up to Conan, tears streaming from her eyes. Very calmly, she asked "Where's Ginta?"
"I don't know" Conan said sadly "Thats what I came home to tell you. He's gone missing".
"Dad" Rachel said "Shouldn't we call Inspector Miguire?" Richard stayed silent, still staring at the randsom note. "Mr. Moore, we have to-"
"No" Richard said quietly "I'm going to find him myself"
"Dad are you-". Richard turned, facing Conan and Rachel, with fire in his eyes, and determination in his heart "Lets go, we don't have a lot of time!"
Ginta took Amy's badge, and slid it under the door. It stopped, by a nearby window. 'Perfect' Ginta thought with a small smile. Adjusting the voice-changer bowtie to the voice of the man's partner, he spoke into the communicator on his hat. He yelled, to make it sound as if his voice was coming from outside. "Get out here, now! I found the boy...". The man guarding the door instantly ran outside, recognizing his partner's voice. 'Great' Ginta thought 'But we only have a short amount of time'. He started looking through the cabinets. "Ginta, what are you doing?" Amy asked, confused. "Amy, quick, I need something solid".
"But why?"
"You'll see. Just hurry!" Amy looked through some the lower cabinets, to find an old, dirty bowl. She held it up, for Ginta to see "Hey Ginta, will this work?" Ginta smiled "Perfect! Set it on the floor". Amy placed it in the middle of the room, and Ginta jumped down from the counter, right in front of it. "Stand back Amy". One quick adjusting to the super sneakers, and Ginta kicked the bowl as hard as he could, creating a small hole in the door. Amy crawled through, and reclaimed her badge while Ginta crawled through as well. He quickly glanced out the window to disappointment 'Too high to jump' He thought. "Come on, we have to move quickly. He should be back any moment" They ran down the hallway, despratly searching for stairs. 'It looks like this place used to be a hotel, that was condemned a long time ago. From the looks of it, this place it was pretty fancy too'. Ginta stopped dead as he heard someone's voice down the hall. It was the man that guarded them. 'Darn it...' Ginta thought. Nowhere to hide, he prepared the Tranqulizer Watch. 'One shot' Ginta thought with a most serious look on his face. "Hey, how did you two get out?" The man said. Ginta aimed, yet right before he fired, Amy yelled "Watch out, Ginta". The man was charging at them, and Amy's yell caused Ginta to stumble, and miss his shot. Ginta and Amy ran backwards down the hallway, until, there was no place left to run. "Ha! You little brats, you're not going-". The man stopped, stepped backwards, then collapsed. Behind him, stood Rachel, Richard, and Conan, who had his watch amied. "Conan!" Amy yelled, running over and hugging him. Ginta sighed happily, knowing this was all over.

"How did you find us?" Ginta asked Conan. "I didn't find you" Conan said with a smile "Mr. Moore did!" Ginta was obviously shocked, yet thankful that he pulled through for once. "It was easy for the great detective RICHARD MOORE!!!!" Richard laughed while Amy gabbed excitedly to Rachel "Ginta was brilliant! And so were you guys! And-" Ginta's eyes slanted, and then he collasped on the wall, asleep. "Whats wrong with him?" Rachel asked. Amy yawned, and said "He's probably tired. We didn't get much..." Amy paused, and collasped next to Ginta. Conan tried to wake them up, but Rachel stopped him "They had a long day. Let them sleep." Richard despite much complaining, carried them both to the car. Back at his office, he left them both asleep on the couch, while Conan thought to himself 'I know that guy. He was with the man that gave me the poison. I hope that they haven't figured me out, or Richard, Ginta, Amy, and most importantly, Rachel, could all be in danger. All I know, is that I have to return to me, Jimmy Kudo, soon...'

Authors Note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. However, I'm going to leave this story on pause for a while, to work on other stories. I'm starting to get slightly bored, so if I work on something else and come back to this, then I may be more inclined to continue writing. Yet, I would still appricate it if you reviewed. Until then, look out for my next story!