Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Ginta Files ❯ The Longest Trip ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Note: Okay, I know we they didn't matter much in the last case, so I've gotten rid of the times and places before each section. And I think I caused a bit of confusion on Ginta's hairstyle. I got the idea from a Wild Arms character, and I have a picture of it. Email me if you would like to see it, only, imagine the front of his hair going around the whole head, not just the front. Now thats it. READ READ READ!!!!!!

It was a perfectly average day in Tokyo, and more importantly Detective Moore's office. The sun shined in through the window while Richard watched his small t.v.. Conan and Rachel sat downstairs, talking to each other. "I wonder what Ginta does in his spare time" Rachel told Conan "I certainly don't spend a lot of time"
'Ginta does spend a lot of time in his room. I wonder what he does all the time'. Just as Conan finished this thought, Ginta walked down the steps, yawning. "Good morning everyone!"
"Where have you been, lazy bones!" Richard asked, but Ginta ignored him. Richard didn't seem effected, and just returned to watching t.v.. Rachel smiled and spoke brightly to Ginta "Good morning Ginta! Breakfast is on the table". Ginta returned her smile and said "Thanks, but I'm not hungry. Oh, and hey Conan, how are you?". Conan simply nodded and smiled. "Hey Ginta, I was wondering" Rachel said, bringing his attention back to her "What do you do in your free time? You sure spend a lot of time in your room alone". Ginta reached for a small notebook he was carrying with him. He flipped the pages revealing diffrent drawings of diffrent things, mostly Richards office, Beika park, and Rachel. "Wow, Ginta, these are really good! So have you been drawing long?" Conan asked. Ginta blushed slightly and said "Well, they're not that good. I've been drawing for years" Ginta looked as though he suddenly remebered something "Well, what are you two into?"

Conan stopped to think for a moment "Well, I love mysteries! In fact, me and a group of my friends named ourselves the Junior Detective League. In fact, we thought it was about time you joined, don't you think?"
"That would be great!" Ginta replied happily
"We're camping out in the woods tonight. That would be the perfect time for you to join" Conan explained. Ginta turned to Rachel "But I never heard what you were interested in". Rachel, who had all but forgotten she was even part of this conversation, blinked then turned to Ginta "Oh, well, I just love karate. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember".
"Oh really! I just love karate! I always wanted to learn" Ginta's eyes sparkled. "Really, perhaps I could teach you some time. But right now, I think you should start packing for that camping trip later".

George, Amy, and Mitch all met Conan and Ginta at Beika Park. George, as their supposed leader, said "Let me introduce to you, the newest member of the Jr. Detective League, Ginta!" The group gave a small cheer, as Ginta said "Thank you, guys. This actually means a lot to me". Ginta wasn't entirley sure as to what his adventures with the Jr. Detective League would lead to, but he knew he was about to find out. "Ginta, you're going to have so much fun camping with us!" Amy said excitedly. They traveled to a local forest, not very far from Richard's office. Ginta didn't have a tent, so he was stuck in Conan's tent. After setting a small fire, the small group of friends sat down, and began roasting marshmellows, and telling ghosts stories. By the time George and Mitch had finished telling their story, the Jr. Detective League (excluding Conan) were scared out of their minds. "W-who's next?" Amy asked, barley able to say anything. "Why not have Ginta tell a story" George said, reverting to his usual commanding ways. Ginta however, was in no condition to tell any story. He had his head buried in his knees, silently crying to himself. "Who knew he would scare this easily?" Amy said sadly. "Ginta, are you okay?" Conan asked. Ginta, shook his head not even bothering to say anything. "Guys, I think we should go to sleep". Conan suggested, however Ginta, sensing that George was about to complain, said "No. Don't let me ruin your fun. I'll just go to sleep myself". He stood up, and even though he didn't show his face, the glow of the fire revealed tears running down his cheek. Quickly, he entered the tent, knowing everyone's eyes were on him.

Only about an hour past before the rest of the Jr. Detective League decided they would go to sleep as well. George took the remaining marshmellows with him, while Conan put out the fire that they had lit. They all said their goodnights, and the lamps that they kept in their tents intstantly lit, since nobody could really go to sleep. Since Ginta and Conan shared a tent, Conan decided it would be best for the rest of their trip that he should try and cheer up Ginta, or at least find out what was wrong. Although he was lying down in his sleeping bag, Conan could easily tell that Ginta hadn't yet fallen asleep. "Ginta, are you okay?" Conan whispered. It took him a while, but Ginta finally told Conan, in a soft, barley audiable tone "Conan, I know you're trying to help, and a appriciate that, but I'd really rather not talk about it. At least, not yet". While he had much to say, Conan knew that it would be best not to speak at that very moment. With a heavy sigh, Conan lied down and fell asleep.

Not soon after that, Ginta heard a twig break outside. He still was wide awake, and quickly grabbed the latern that had previously lit the tent. Turning it on, he stepped outside, luminating the near area. He dared not to say anything, as not to wake the others, until he was sure that he had found someone to alert them about. Turning to his right, he found George and Mitch's tents, as peaceful and calm as George's tent gets with his constant, loud snoring. To the left of him was the forest, silent, and not even his latern could pierce the darkness that blanketed its secrets. Yawning, he turned to reenter his tent, only to find the surprise of Amy. Ginta, in an attempt to awake the others, nearly screamed. Yet, Amy, thinking ahead covered his mouth and shushed him. With her hand still covering his mouth, she whispered "Sorry Ginta, but this is for your own good and mine" She took a long peice of rope, tied Ginta's arms to his side, and then tied his wrists together. Amy used the remaining rope as a leash, of sorts. "Amy what are you doing?!" Ginta whispered loudly. "I'll tell you when we get to where I'm taking you" Amy winked at Ginta. Yet Ginta, as jumpy as he was after ever atempted to scream again. Yet Amy, thinking quickly a small bandana from her pocket, and wrapped it around his mouth. "Now, if you ever want out of this, follow me" Amy whispered with a smile on her face.

After leading him far enough, Amy untied Ginta. He removed the bandana from around his mouth, and yelled "AMY! What are you doing? Why did you kidnap me?". Amy sighed, and stated "I know it was kinda mean, but I know if I didn't, you never would have came down here. I just wanted to talk to you in private". Ginta, after seeing her attitude change, stared at the ground and said "You know, I've been meaning to talk to you to. I have a lot to tell you, and a lot I would like to know from you". Amy, changing back to her more playful attitude, began to climb a nearby tree. "I'll listen to and tell you anything, if you follow me up this tree". Ginta, reluctantly climbed the tree behind her. 'All in the persuit of knowledge' Ginta assured himself.

When Amy and Ginta finally setled on a branch, they both stared up at the bright, uncovered moon. "Wow, its amazing!" Amy said excitedly. "I wish I had my sketchbook" Ginta said sadly. Amy smiled "You're an artist?"
"Yeah. I don't think I'm very good at it though"
"I'm sure that you are better than you think".
Ginta sighed again and said "I guess..." Ginta decided that it would be better to start asking the questions now. "You know, George and Mitch have a crush on you".
"Really?" Amy said, with a mixture of surprise and disgust "I never knew".
"You don't like them, do you?" Ginta asked, unaware that the tone in his voice had a bit of jealousy in it. "No. Although, I'd rather you not tell him that".
"What about Conan?"
"Well... I did. Yet, he never did seem to like me back. Conan's so smart, and cool, but he never seemed to want to be around me much. But now I have a diffrent crush". Ginta got unintentionally hopeful at this point "Who would that be, if you don't mind telling me". Amy smiled "Of course I'm not going to tell you that, silly". Ginta stared down at the ground again. They both went silent for a moment, until Amy asked "What happened earlier tonight?"
"What do you mean?"
"Around the campfire"
Ginta shook his head "I'd really rather not talk about it". He looked up at Amy, who had directed her attention from the moon to Ginta. "Please will you tell me?" she begged. Ginta knew he was going to explain to her, although he wasn't entirley sure why he's easily able to tell Amy, yet he absolutley refused to explain to Conan. "Well, if you must know, the stories..." Ginta paused for a long moment, and continued "reminded me of my parents death". Amy saddened and asked "Umm... how did they die?". Ginta pondered with the thought of telling her, then continued "Actually, they died when some people, dressed in black suits broke in. My parents told me to hide, so I hid in their closet. They tried their best to protect me, but they were both killed right in front of my eyes". Amy was quiet for a long time, thinking. Yet, she managed to force a smile, and stated "Its not all bad. You still have us, the Jr. Detective League". Ginta gave a half-hearted smile, although was still obviously sad about having to retell the story. They both stared up at the moon, not even noticing the russling noise in the bushes.

The sun rose on another day. The light seeped through Conan's tent and slapped at his face. With a huge yawn, Conan awoke, only to find that Ginta was gone. He stepped outside to find Mitch and George. "Good morning Conan!" Mitch said happily. "Where's Ginta?" George asked grumpily. "I don't know. Have you two seen Amy?". George checked her tent, only to find that she was missing as well. When he told Conan, he thought 'This seriously cannot be good'. He looked down at the ground to find footsteps through the mud. "Guys, I found something". George noticed the footsteps and yelled "Jr. Detective League, we have another case! The case, of the missing detectives!"

Authors Note: Yes, its been a while. I finally found the inspiration on finishing this chapter. And now that I have gotten my ideas collected, I plan on finishing not only this fanfic, but two others. But for now, please read and review this chapter, and I hope to have the next one for you by tomorrow, and possibly, even a bonus chapter tomorrow.