Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Ginta Files ❯ Another Average day... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Richard Moore's Office, 10:39 A.M.
"What kind of case?" Conan asked quickly. "Something little kids should keep their business out of" Richard said smugly. He quickly left, hoping to avoid Conan following him. "What was that about?" Ginta asked. "Richard's a detective" Conan said "He doesn't like having us around".
'Although the old man's going to need my help' Conan thought to himself. He turned to Ginta "How about we take a ride on you skateboard".
"Sure!" Ginta said with a smile. "Now Conan..." Rachel said quite sternly, glaring at Conan "Don't even think about getting yourself in trouble".
"O-okay, Rachel" Conan replied nervously.

Conan and Ginta stepped outside. At that point, Ginta said "Okay, I know we're going to find Richard, correct"
"Yeah, how did you know?"
"My uncle said I thought a lot like you. I knew thats why you wanted to leave". Conan pressed a button on his glasses. In one lense, appeared a map like object. Ginta turned his skateboard on, and stepped on. Conan, right behind him. "Alright Conan, where are we headed?"
"First, take a left, and go on to 32nd. Street". Instantly, they were off. They sped passed oncoming traffic, dodging bystandars on while chasing Richard.
"How are you even tracking him?" Ginta asked "Wouldn't you need something that gives a signal?"
"We're not tracking Richard" Conan replied "He said he was on his way to see Inspector Miguire. At the police station, there should be phone's going off frequently, so, we should be able to track them". Just then, Ginta noticed a bus coming ahead. He quickly jumped onto a box, and skated across the hood of the bus. Conan, amazed said "How did you do that?"
"I've been riding this thing for a long time" Ginta smiled "That was nothing compared to the things I did back home".

Police Station, 10:48 A.M.
Richard had arrived at the police station. He and the Inspector had chosen a private room to talk. "So whats going on, Miguire?"
"Well, earlier, there was a car crash."
"So? There's car accidents all the time." Richard replied "What do you want me to do?"
Inspector Miguire cleared his throat, and continued "If you'd let me finish...". After sneaking past the many police men, and eventually finding the room Miguire and Richard chose to met in, Conan and Ginta gently peeked their head in. "What do you think they're talking about?" Ginta asked quietly. "I don't know..." Conan replied, while Miguire continued talking to Richard. "People reported that when the victim was driving down this street, when this car came and hit them. Nobody was hurt, but it turns out that this man was a very rich business owner. When he inspected the interior of his car, his daughter was gone".
"Well its obvious what happened. This man kidnapped his daughter, and probably sent a randsom letter to this man. Was there anyone else in the car with him?"
"Yes. His business partner. They're both waiting at a nearby hotel, hoping for word from the kidnapper".
"Well lets head over there!". Richard and Miguire both left the room. Ginta and Conan hid behind the door as they walked out, followed by various policemen. "Now how did the kidnapper escape without anyone seeing them?" Ginta wondered. "Everyone was probably so distracted with the crash, nobody noticed. But you also have to remeber, there's no guarantee that this was a kidnapping. She could have just wandered away".
"Well what are we waiting for, lets follow them!". Only two seconds after Richard and Miguire had left, Conan and Ginta where both on their trail, staying off to the side so they wouldn't see them in the mirror.

Grand Hotel, 11:22 A.M.
Inside the hotel, Richard, Miguire, the two business partners, and Conan and Ginta, who snuck in, where meeting in room 231. The business partners recalled everything that happened. "While you were on your way here, whoever's behind this sent a randsom note, asking for $3 million dollars. They gave us a week to get the money to them." Mr. Moto said, the head of the Moto company. "That's a lot of money" Richard said. Conan, who was thinking about every bit of information he had managed to gain over the last 43 minuets, was suddenly interrupted by Ginta. "This guy doesn't seem very professional. Don't you think he should have asked for unmarked bills?"
"Thats right" Conan said "Which means we can probably rule out his business partner".
"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE!" Richard yelled suddenly. He had heard Conan and Ginta talking. "Umm..." They both said, lost for words. "Didn't I tell you both to stay at home!" Ginta, suddently smiled, with a thought in mind "But I've heard so much about you, Mr. Moore. I wanted to see you in action!"
"Yeah, well I am pretty impressive, aren't I?". Conan sighed, while Richard smiled "Fine. You both can stay, only if you keep out of the way". Mr. Moto's business partner, Mr. Shigo, approached Richard and said "If you don't mind, I have a business meeting to attend, so if you'll excuse me..."
"Okay, we'll be in touch" Richard said. 'Richard, you fool' Conan thought 'How could that guy even think about leaving, when his business was in jepordy...'.
"Is that all we have to go on?" Miguire asked. "For now, yes" Mr. Moto said. "Well in that case, call us if you get any more information, you have are number". Richard turned to Conan and Ginta "Come on, you two".

On the car ride home, Conan was very quiet. He was so lost in thought, that he didn't care what the others where talking about. 'This crime seems to be incredibly planned out. For her daughter to go missing, I doubt this accident was an accident at all. But if that's the truth, then how did they know that they were going to come down that particular street. Somethings just not adding up here'. A young voice then cut its way through Conan's thought. His newest friend, Ginta spoke to him "Conan, what are you thinking about?". Conan stayed silent for a moment. He still didn't know if he could trust Ginta or not. "Oh, just this case. Perhaps there's something in the other car that might-" Inspector Miguire interrupted him with a loud yell "Thats it! Richard, I'm going to have the boys inspect that other car. I'll call you tomorrow".

Richards office 12:01 P.M.
After that day passed, Inspector Miguire once again called Richard. "Richard, you won't believe this! We found some of the business document in the car that crashed into Mr. Moto's. They belong from Mr. Moto's company itself". Conan, who was secretly listening, thought 'This means it must be someone leaking information to someone else. But why?'
"Well Inspector, I think we should meet at the clients hotel".

Grand Hotel 12:35 P.M.
At the hotel, Richard, Miguire, Conan, and Ginta all heard someone inside another room yelling. "You idiot! You were late! You almost blew it for all of us!"
"Shut up! This was all my idea anyway, and I'll cut you from it!"
"You couldn't finish this plan without me. Now, I'll meet you down at the docks at precisley 11:30 tonight. If your late, then maybe it'll be you bumped from this whole project!" After thinking about what had just happened, the rest of them entered the hotel room. Only Conan and Ginta thought it might have something to do with this case. "Perhaps we should visit the docks as well" Ginta said to Conan. "But we have no proof that they are behind it. Maybe if we can find something in that briefcase they found in the car". Richard spoke with Mr. Moto about the evidence "Its obvious now that someone is trying to take down your business. Perhaps this person was leaking out information, and this is the way they want to finally take you down. It even has a plan as to take down the your business". Richard set the paper down on a table, while Conan looked over it. 'This isn't right. This has nothing to do with a kidnapping. But whoever has this information must be really high in power. Wait, thats it! I almost have this case figured out! Its obvious that Mr. Moto's business partner is behind this, but he's working with another company head, but who?'
"Do you have any vendettas with other businesses, Mr. Moto?" Richard asked. "Well, I was on my way to a meeting with my former business rival. Other than that, our business has never really had any bad blood with other companies".
"And what company might this former rivalry be against?"
"He was my bitter enemy in college. His name is Tetsurga Sintel. He runs the Sintel car company".
'I got it! But if thats the case, then we must beat his partner to the docks'.

Lake Docks 11:25 P.M.
A shady figure waited in a old, ruined building. Sitting next to him was a small, young girl, who had dark brown hair, and light green eyes. She had been tied up and held there for days. This was obviously Mr. Moto's daughter. Soon, Mr. Shingo made the scene. "I'm early. Happy?"
"Thrilled" Mr. Sintel said sarcastically "So about our client?"
"He's on his way here right now with the money. What are we going to do with his daughter?"
"We going to kill her. Naturally".
Conan and Ginta hid behind a nearby wall. Conan adjusted his bowtie voicechanger, trying to match Inspector Migurie's voice. "Now Ginta, please stay quiet for a moment".
Ginta nodded, while Conan finished adjusting. He spoke, in Miguire's low deep voice "Stop right there! You've been caught"
"And who are you?" Sintel asked to the voice he was unable to see. "Never mind that. I know you have Mr. Moto's duaughter. Now hand her over"
"And how do you know you have the right people?"
"I saw your plans in a box filled with future business plans for Mr. Moto's company. The plans could have only been obtained by someone as high up in the company as a business partner".
"Explain then, how we got his daughter".
"You both planned the accident. You knew that Mr. Moto, wanting to get to his meeting as quickly as possible, so you knew he would drive down that particular street. Thats where you backed into his car, while Mr. Sintel took his daughter unnoticed".
"Brilliant detuction, Mr. detective" Mr. Sintel said "But I'm afraid you are too late".
"Not really" Conan said "Now Ginta!". Ginta jumped from behind the wall, and kicked a perfectly placed rock at the head of Mr. Sintel. This knocked him out instantly. Mr. Shingo grabbed Mr. Moto's daughter, who was totally silent due to a gagged that had been placed on her. "You know what will happen if you do something funny!". Ginta paused, scared. Mr. Moto then showed up. "Shingo! Your behind this? But why?"
"Perfectly becuase, I knew your plan. You never planned to give me any money from this whole business venture. So I teamed up with your rival to take you out. I knew he would give me the money in return for that information. But you ruined it! You ruined all of it! So I'm taking out your daughter". Conan, thinking quickly, kicked another rock at Shingo, who dodged, but the rock bounced back, striking him in the back of the head, knocking him out. Miguire, who had been watching silently said "Okay boys, take these two to jail".

Richard's office 12:00 P.M.
"Dad" Rachel said with a huge yawn "What are you doing back so late?" Richard, returning the yawn said "A very late case. Luckily, these two were here"
"I told you two not to get in trouble!"
Ginta eyes watered up, as if he were about to cry "I know! I'm sorry Rachel! I just wanted to seen Richard perform some of his detective tricks!"
"Oh, I understand!" Rachel said, sympathedically "I don't blame you, just stay out of his way next time. Now come on, time for bed" Conan grinned, talking to Ginta "Nice job!"
"Yeah, I'm kinda good like that" Ginta said with a grin. 'Perhaps Ginta won't be as bad as I thought' Conan thought to himself.

Authors Note: Okay, I'm sorry it took me so long to finish this, I just have very limited computer time. And I'm sorry if this case is kinda lame, for this is honestly my first attempt at writing a mystery story, and it also doesn't help that I'm writing it at 1:00 in the morning. But it will get better! Tell me your thoughts in a review, and see you next time!