Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Behind a Picture Frame ❯ Our Farewell ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Behind a Picture Frame
LJ Author: pikapicokitt
Theme: “Our Farwell”
Fandom: Chobits
Pairing: Hibiya, Chii, Freya, Ichirou (No real pairing other than Hibiya & Ichirou)
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I do not own Chobits or any of the characters featured in this fic. All selected lyrics from the song “Our Farwell” are property of Within Temptation.
Spoiler Warning!!
 
In my hands
A legacy of memories
I can hear you say my name
I can almost see your smile
Feel the warmth of your embrace
But there is nothing but silence now
Around the one I loved
Is this our farewell?
 
Thin fingers traced over the image within its frame, the once happy family within its colored visage now a shattered memory that haunted her mind. Her lips presented a sorrowful smile as those reminiscences fluttered through her mind as easily as turning the pages of a picture book. Her children's laughter flickered through her ears, long lost sounds so close yet so far away in the shrouds of the past.
 
“Momma! Momma! Look what I found!”
 
A small trinket of a girl, mind so young and pure yet trapped in the body of an ample teenager. She carried a small azure flower in her highlighted fingers, a special present for her most loved person. Her sister followed closely behind, the less outspoken of the two. Her brooding nature was always a worry to their mother, though their father didn't notice the detachment.
 
Tears splashed against the reflecting frame of her youth, of the emotions they had been so blind to in the lonely, lovely, dark daughter of theirs. Even if she had been able to change any of the events for the better there was no way her daughter would have received what her tormented heart so desperately wanted. There was no way, as a mother, as a wife she could give her husband away to a child, that though not by blood or even species hers, was still so much her baby.
 
“I will never have the special someone just for me…because he already loves mommy”
 
Trembling hands held onto her sister's, willing strength to the ill woman, lying emotionally destroyed on the bed beside her. The love her darling sister spoke to her made no sense in the mentally younger females mind. She gave her sister the only thing she was capable of, a body to dwell in where no one else could hurt her. One body, two souls, a being whose destiny was filled with storm clouds.
 
Sweet darling you worry too much, my child
See the sadness in your eyes
You are not alone in life
Although you might think that you are