Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Not What It Seems ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hideki's head fell from his hand, Making a shallow 'thud' as it hit the table that his arm was proped up against. He groanced in pure boredom as the echoing voice of his teacher pounded in his head. Rattling his skull.
Hideki was an average man. Short jet black ,black hair with percing brown eyes.He was nineteen at the moment, trying to get a collage degree in vido productions and film producing. All while still trying to get a chick and party-harty! It was harder then it seemed.
Now here he was, sitting in a collage seat, Anticipating the ringing of the bell.

"Mr.Motosuwa,"Yelled up his teacher Mrs.Hibiya.He grumbled and sat up straighter." What are the kean apponents in becoming a video editor?"
The teacher,Mrs.Hibiya spoke directly at him.Speaking in a cheery yet serious tone.She was a complicated woman, you could just tell.

"Um,a." Said Hideki. A slow blush creeping up his face flooding them with color from the embaressment. He slowly brushed a hand threw his jet balck hair ,nervously, slumping a little more in his seat.

"Hmm, Whats wrong Mr.Motosuwa? Don't know the answer?Even though I just finished talking about this subject tothe class as well as reviewing it.?"

Hideki sighed blankley, lowering his head in defeat. He was paying attention,...well, only a little but, just for the past seventeen minutes, he was thinking about the new band 'Compelling', that his bestfriend(Who just happened to be the most preverted guy in the whole collage dorm) Shimbo had created as a past time. It turned out to be bigger then that and now they were getting gigs all over the place but, Hideki still had the issue of actually'caring' about his education,unlike Shimbo.

"Well," Said Mrs.Hibiya, lightly clearing her throat. "This is a good example class, that all of you students must learn the key elements in this buisness before you begin,hands on training."

The large bell rang thre the attatorium(sp?),Causing a stuir of book-snatching and friends waking up friends phenominon to cascade over them.

Mrs.Hibiya shuffled some papers around before lecturing the leaving class before her.
"Remember to read page sixtyseven threy seventy two!" The teacher yelled.

Hideki quickley grabbed his textbook,mentall taking a note on which pages her was to read that night. Throwing his large, duffle bag like backpack over his shoulder, he picked up his notbooks, placing them under his arm for easy traveling before, joining the mob of people in the hallways, searching for where their next class was.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Hideki headed for the band hall, where his friend Shimbo had rented for two hours so they could get some well deserved practice in since everyone wanted to book them.The cost of it was huge for only two monthes. He'd Told Hideki he had paied for the room with all the money he had been saving for the last two years which was around ten thousand doallars but,Hideki knew Shimbo liked to exagerate things a little. It was more likley around five thousand.
Eitherway, Hideki admired all the people and their persocoms.The persocomes looking so life like that it was sometimes hard to destinguish them from real people.
'I guess collage really isn't like highschool.' his mind echoed as he continued to walk slowly even though he knew he had ten minutes to get from one side of the campus to the other.
Noticing the lack of people that their were in the small, crouded hallways of the collage; It was just one of those things he knew would be different then two years ago when he graduated from highschool.
Stopping by one of the large square windows that reached from the top of the wall to the bottom, Hideki looked out from the third story to the down town streets, flooded with people. A happy smile appired on his face before he had to sheild his eyes from the burning sun that was lowering. Night was falling over the land. AS he continued to look out the window her saw that their was one person walking slower then the rest of them;across the street.
'Maybe ,It's a lost persocom.' His mind raced happily as he looked out, feeling an urge to suddenly run out to it, and snatch it. He then shook his head.' Give it up Hideki, It's probably owned or not even a persocom at all.'
As Hideki went to turn away from the window, he noticed the one walking slowly turn its head in his direction.Stopping the flow of traffic as it looked in his general direction. It stopped moving and just stared back at him like it had seen him or knew he was there.

Hideki stepped back a little ways, almost in uter shock. Qucikley Hideki, looked down at his watch, taking a glance at the time.Realizing he had barley any time to reach across the campus to the bandroom. His feet worked faster then his mind did at that moment and her was running down the hall, trying not to run into anyone.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Amber eyes slightly traveled,a feeling.A watchful presence pearing down at her threw the croud of people. She hardley ever felt this feeling.Only ever know and then but this time it was very strong, stronger then before.
Stopping imidiatly where she was perched (Which, happened to be in an intersection.), Her eyes traveled to the new college building that was still under construction. Searching the windows for someone. In the corner of her eye, she noticed someonestepping back,away from the window. There was her seeker.
A slight,gental grinof enjoyment was on her face in an instant ,like a cat watching a mouse, as he began to run.
In spite of knowing that she should be going to work,She headed to the college to see what she could find there ,of the man that was watching her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
"Yeah I like that look Ayame. The black suits you well." Grinned A happy Shimbo, fixing his spiked up, dyed red hair.. He turned back to the mirror he was looking in and applied a dark green eyeshadow close to his eyelashes, fanning it out of the sides for an original look.
Hideki burted in a few moments after that, panting .Quicley out of breath from running most of the way from across campus.
Shimbo looked at his flustered friend then looking at the clock on the wall behind him,craining his neak from the black collar around his neak that dragged a large leash from it,reading the words 'freak on a leash.'.He then looked back at Hideki.A smile on his face.
"Yo,Hideki, our preformance isn't for another hour. So glad you are so antious to get on stage."Widdley grinned Shimbo, purposly knowing Hideki had forgotten that band practice was cancled for the day.

Hideki only groaned,dropping the books from his arms to the ground below. He had fogotten alright. It was canceled because of their schedualed preformance that night that would have interfeared with the band schedualed time. They were preforming at "Club Pleasure." And Hideki was braggin about it to everyone for the passed week yet, even HE forgot.
Slowly, he sunk to his knees for being such a dumbass.Forgetting so much in one day.
Ayame giggled cutley as normal, twirling so the ribbons in her hair tengled with her short brown hair. Her ribbons circled around her hair ,going down to her mid-back.
"Hello Hideki."

Hideki could tell from the tone of her voice she wanted him to coment on her outfit. He only smiled and nodded his head. "Looks good Ayame."
'Let's just get this night overwith.' He thought, sinking to his knees.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------


AS the anouncer introduced them,Hideki peared from behind the curtain at the croud.
'God as time goes on this croud gets bigger and bigger.Is thata good thing or not.'
Ayame giggled from behind him, pushing him on stage so he staggered a bit. "Let's go get them tiger!" She rawered at him. taking her place behind Hideki to the far left.
Shimbo was all smiles as he entered the arena in Club. Hideki just laughed a little as Shimbo, did his usual charm on the girls by winking at them and giving the fewclosest to him flowers. God Shimbo loved to be the center of attention. Sitting back on the chair, Shimbo tapped the top of the symbol making it chime before the lights started diming around them. A large spot light on Hideki as Ayame began to play our the lyrical music on her guitar.The music haunting and darking.

Hideki quite enjoied the light that shone on him.It blurred all the fans around him so he couldn't become so nervous like he would other wise. Slowly he stood up to the mic, wrapping his hands around the top of if and closing his eyes like a silent prayers.
As his turn came, His voice blended in with The music becoming one.

After all these years,
After all you promise me,
tell me where we stand now
Our promise is forgotten
Just lost into the window
Are we so long and forelorne
Thought that you could understand.

Hideki stepped back from the mic and waited for the intro from Shimbo as he banged on the drum set, Ayame stepping up closer to the mic to sing, her ribbons becoming shimering beads of sparkles as another spot light settled down on her.

Why arn't you here beside me?
Where have you gone now?
Was it my fault?
Was it always me who was... Wrong from the start
Please tell me now
Concour all my harmful thoughts of you
Take it from me
go on
Take it.

As Hideki began the second verse the croud began to cheer like they usually did.Security making sure no drunkards got on stage.
Dropping one hand from the mic, he wrapped his hand around the bace that the mic stood on,Closing his eyes once with the blarring music all around him that became more softer for the verse.

What real power do I have
Especially over you?
why can't you just answer that?
Do one thing really for me
Am I really so strong around you
Let me in
Let me in
Let me know the truth
(Pause)
I know the truth now

Why arn't you here beside me?
Where have you gone now?
Was it my fault?
Was it always me who was wrong?
Please tell me now
concour all my harmful thoughts of you
Take it from me

Amber eyes slowly looked up too the bell above the door that rung of her presence. She looked around and saw where the music was coming from.
Un aware of what was going on around her, She ambsentmindedly tripped over a cord, .Regained herself before people rushed to her aid.
"Chii?" She whispered,looking threw her white hair, um at the croud of people gathering around the singers.
She pushed her way threw the croud as the tassles of her dress, drug on the ground.Getting caught under someones boot.She tripped and landed infront of the stage. She had little tears in her eyes as she looked up at the singer, her knee slowly hurting, no cuts or scrapes though. The pain was still there. Everyone danced around her and she had no clue what to do so, she swayed a bit. Looking at the band mates.

Now i'll scream it all out loud
I know it was my fault
I was arrogant and proud
Can't you tell that?
And we all know the end is near
Sorry love, but it will come
hush love,theres nothing to fear

As the chorus came up one more time, Hideki saw the persocom infront of him, swaying a bit, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.
'Kami, What a beautiful persocom. If only I was that luckey. '
Hideki took the mic from the stand and began to circle the croud, running his hand across the croud as they cheered louder and louder. Ayames voice haunting the whispers in the back ground.

Why arn't you here beside me (Why)
Where have you really gone? (What)
Was it all my fault? (Yes)
Was it always me who was wrong (Of course)
Please tell me now (What)
Concour all my harmful thoughts of you (Go)
Take it from me (Take)
Take it from me (Take)
Go on Take it (You know it)
I dare you (Take it ,Take it ,Take it)

As the croud cheered around them, Hideki stopped at the persocom, and bent on his knees. A tear slipped from her face as she looked at him. He lifted a gentle finger to her face and caught the tear, wiping her face . He leaned towards her and she just gazed at him. Slowly but surley the words formed on his mouth
"Be strong little one." Hideki whispered as The persocom wrapped her hands gently around his face, cupping it delicatley.
"Chii?" She whispered, unsure of what to say. As quickley as her hands were to his face, she fled the group, dissappireing into the cround.
Hideki just shrugged and walked back inside.

A/N I fell in love with this story "chobits" and so now i'm writing a fan fic yey! The song is written by me with the currtousy of my friend who wrote a poem. Anyone you steals my song will be flooded with flames of all sorts.Believe me. Anyway, I don't own Chobits but i love Clamps stuff! REview pleaseeee!