Chronicles Of Narnia Fan Fiction ❯ Kings and Queens ❯ Queen Susan the Gentle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own The Chronicles of Narnia.
 
Summary: In Narnia, they were Kings and Queens. Here, no one understands.
 
Queen Susan the Gentle
 
It was the hardest for Susan, in a way. In Narnia, Susan had found glory, beauty, nobility, everything she had ever dreamed of… and more.
 
Back in London, there was nothing. There was no room in England for a Queen's beauty and gentleness, for they already had one. London was tawdry and dull against her memories of Narnian splendor.
 
No one here understood. When she had first come back, her friends, her mother, even strangers had stared at her. When she tried to share how she felt, they laughed politely and changed the subject.
 
And so Susan taught herself to forget. She threw herself back into London with as much fervor as she could fin, and she trained herself to never look back.
 
And she convinced herself that she didn't care that her brothers and sister were worries, and that the dreams of a great golden lion were nothing but her imagination.
 
Queen Susan the Gentle was a Survivor. And she had left everything behind to live up to her name.