Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ Selfish ❯ Selfish ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Chrno Crusade.
 
Summary: He needs me. As I need him. Now, we'll go on together. If not, I will fight heaven and hell, I will fight God himself, to have Chrno by my side. Even if it means going to him myself. This is my choice. As death was his.
 
Selfish
 
I am a selfish person. But I am a nun, you shriek, appalled. Yes, I am. Sister Rosette Christopher of the Magdalan Order. I should not be selfish. I should be giving and charitable, willing to die for my cause.
 
And I am, I think. I always knew I would die young. I made that choice.
 
But I thought it would be fast. Maybe Chrno would use too much of my soul, or maybe I would go down fighting some heinous monster.
 
I never dreamed it would be like this. I never dreamed death would drag on for so long. Days of pain, of weariness, of sorrow. Days of feeling weaker and weaker, of not being able to move as once I could.
 
Days of watching Chrno suffer.
 
As I said: I am selfish.
 
I offered him the chance to use the rest of my soul to heal himself. I offered him the chance to live on without me.
 
But do you think that, after years of partnership, I would not know which voice he would find it easiest to refuse? Oh, yes, I am selfish.
 
But I do not wish to die. I do not wish to die alone. I do not wish…
 
I do not wish to be without Chrno.
 
Chrno… Chrno is my everything.
 
As I am his.
 
So, perhaps, I am not so selfish after all.
 
He needs me.
 
I need him.
 
And now… Now we'll die together. And we'll go on together, I hope.
 
If not - I will fight heaven and hell - I will fight against God himself to have Chrno by my side. I will even if I must go to him myself.
 
That is my choice.
 
As death is his.
 
 
RoS: Don't get me wrong, I love Rosette and Chrno! …This is just the result of me trying to write something dark (the worst I can come up with is angst) and trying to fulfill my fanfiction goals for September.
 
Thanks to an anonymous reviewer for telling me that Rosette isn't a nun! I always thought that she was, well, both. I mean, an exorcist nun… But thanks to that anonymous reviewer for correcting me!
 
Never mind - thanks to Spiritual Bob for correcting the anonymous reviewer! Apparently, Rosette is a nun.