Clamp School Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Nokoru's First Love ❯ Three Years Later ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: (grins) Did my prologue catch your attention? If it did, this is Chapter 1. Pairings include Akira/Utako, Suoh/Nagisa and Nokoru/Ami. One-sided Idomu/Ami. Implied Idomu/Sailor Saturn. Special appearances by certain Senshi in this chapter. And I need to clarify something, when I said no powers in the starting of the prologue, I meant no Senshi powers. I intend to give Ami certain ice powers throughout the entire ficcy. Before I begin this chapter proper, many thanks to the following reviewer. Warning, Moon-family and Usagi-bashing ahead!
 
Sailor Element: Yippee, another fellow Usagi-basher! I read your bio, and I totally agree! It isn't fair that the blasted pig-tailed blonde gets all the attention. Not only that, she also gets all the finishing moves and power-ups. Sure, the anime is entitled Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, but that doesn't meant that the other Senshi are neglected. (Authoress rants so more about inequality.)
 
SailorStar9: (clears throat after ranting) Marineangemon, disclaimers please.
 
The above-mentioned digimon holds up a sign.
 
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue.
 
Chapter 1: 3 years later
 
BTW: Words in italics refer to flashbacks and notes.
 
FYI: This is the St Valentine's Day episode in the anime.
 
***************************************************************** ************************
Ijyuin Akira looked around at the main office of the Clamp Elementary Council and commented cutely, “Funny, Takamura-sempai isn't here.”
 
Imonoyama Nokoru flipped open his fan and grinned, “Akira, please be reminded what day it is today.”
 
Akira sighed, “Of course.”
 
Turning to Nokoru, who was seated at his desk, Akira suggested, “You don't suppose
Takamura-sempai has been buried under all those letters he received?”
 
“Actually, Akira, I'm not buried.” Takamura Suoh replied seriously, bursting through the door.
 
Akira blinked, “But is a wheelbarrow really necessary, Takamura-sempai?”
 
The blue-haired ninja sighed and nodded.
 
Nokoru smiled mischievously behind his fan.
 
The blue-haired ninja glared at his charge.
 
“To work now.” He ordered.
 
“Demo Suoh…” Nokoru protested.
 
“Kaichou…” Suoh replied back, his teeth gritting, as his glare intensified.
 
Akira had to hold back an amused giggle.
 
“Akira, it isn't funny.” Nokoru protested mildly.
 
Suoh sighed in desperation.
 
Almost half an hour later, the commotion within the main office had quietened down, much to Suoh's relief.
 
Within an hour's time, sounds of stamping could be heard from the otherwise quiet room.
 
A knock on the huge doors alerted the trio.
 
Clearing his throat, Nokoru remarked a `Come in'.
 
A delivery boy from the Clamp Police Duklyon entered the large office, bowed respectfully to the three officers and proceeded towards Nokoru's table.
 
Carefully placing a wrapped up box in front of the puzzled Chairman, the delivery boy bowed again and took his leave.
 
The moment the door clicked shut, Nokoru swiftly opened the box. Inside was a card which he took out. A transparent crystal rose was sitting prettily inside the box.
 
One look at the crystal rose and Nokoru immediately knew what it meant. Ami was back.
 
“From her?” Suoh asked, whispering as he placed a stack of papers on the desk.
 
Nokoru nodded in affirmative.
 
Akira gave his two conversing sempais a puzzling look.
 
After Suoh went back to his seat, Nokoru placed the delicate crystal on his palm as his mind
drifted back to the very first note she had sent to him.
 
***************************************************************** ************************
Flashback
 
It was about three months after Ami had left with her father, when Nokoru received a short letter from her.
 
Konnichiwa Nokoru-kun, its summer over in Japan isn't it? The weather's getting colder over here in Germany. Demo, Otou-san said that okaa-san had left quite a lot of `unfinished business' before she passed on, thus we could not leave until everything had been settled. I have no idea how long I'll be staying, demo a crystal rose will signify my return. Until then, ja ne.
 
9-year-old Imonoyama Nokoru smiled for the first time in three months.
 
Over the past three years or so, Ami had been sending gifts to him on special occasions. And St Valentine's Day was one of them.
 
After the Casablanca incident, Nokoru had confided in Suoh about Ami. The ninja had nodded in understanding.
 
When asked about why the girl had became his friend, since Nokoru himself was afraid of making any, the blonde Chairman replied that the girl had a special ability and was capable of protecting herself.
 
Suoh was about to ask further when a faraway look from Nokoru sealed off all conversation.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ************************
Shifting his attention back to the note at hand, Nokoru gave the paper a quick glance.
 
Konnichiwa Nokoru-kun yet again. I hope the gift is in time for St Valentine's Day. By the time you're reading this, I'm already back in Clamp Campus. You do not need to worry about me.The rijichou has ensured my safe return. Ja for now.
 
P.S: Do not bother looking for me (but knowing you like I do, you'll probably will.) I'm under strict orders of the rijichou not to appear unless I'm needed to
 
***************************************************************** ************************
Meanwhile, 10-year-old Mizuno Ami was standing in front of the rijichou in her office.
 
“It's a pleasure for you to return, Mizuno-san.” The rijichou said, her face still hidden behind the fan she carried.
 
The quiet girl nodded.
 
“Hai, rijichou-sama. Okaa-san's `unfinished business' has finally been settled.”
 
Leaning forward, the rijichou added, “I understand that your otou-san had passed on as well.”
 
A dark cloud passed over Ami's face as she returned a muttered, “Hai.”
 
Sounding somewhat concerned, the rijichou replied, “I apologize for bringing it up.”
 
Ami shook her head.
 
Daijoubo desu.” She muttered.
 
“I'm very much aware that you'd inherited your mother's title as Duchess of Augsburg.”
The rijichou added seriously.
 
Ami nodded mutely.
 
“Must be difficult for you.” the rijichou muttered. That comment went unheard by the blue-haired genius.
 
Aloud, the rijichou announced, “You'll begin your lessons in an hour's time, Mizuno-san.”
 
The silent girl nodded, bowed and departed quietly.
 
When the giant door clicked shut, the rijichou smiled mysteriously behind her fan.
 
“She's finally returned, my son. Treasure her well.”
 
***************************************************************** ************************
At the Time Gates, the eternal Senshi of Time, Sailor Pluto looked upon the reappearance of Mizuno Ami with great interest.
 
In truth, she should not be reborn in that particular timeline, but the Fates have other ideas concerning the intellectual Senshi.
 
Princess Mercury had suitors, contrary to popular belief.
 
In the end, she chose a stellar prince as her future husband; the Prince of Orion. (A/N: Three guesses who the reincarnation is. The first two doesn't count.)
 
However, the Tsuki no hime had lusted after the stellar prince and plotted to steal him away from ice hime. (A/N: Endymion isn't even in this ficcy.)
 
In the end, Princess Serenity had resorted to eliminating the ice hime in order to obtain the prince, only to have him take the killing blow for his beloved.
 
By the end of it all, Princess Mercury had distanced herself from the Inner himes, preferring the Outer himes' company instead.
 
Why?
 
Because three Inner himes had told her to `give up Prince Orion because he belongs to Serenity-sama.' Or words to that effect.
 
The Outer himes had been very supportive of the romance between the ice hime and the young star prince. Especially Princess Saturn, for she had fallen for Prince Orion's best friend.
 
Smiling grimly, the Time Senshi remembered the accusation she had unleashed on the Tsuki no hime.
 
Do you realize what you have done? The timeline was perfect; everything was in order and now it looks as if we might lose Amelia! Of all the stupid things you have done, Princess, this is the most blond!” she had spat.
 
The Tsuki no hime had then complained to her mother, and that had resulted in the Time Senshi's punishment to guard the Gates of Time for eternity.
 
“How is she doing?” a stern voice asked.
 
A sandy blonde woman stood beside Time Senshi.
 
Sailor Pluto smiled.
 
“Very well, considering what she had gone through in Germany, Sailor Uranus.” The green-haired Senshi answered.
 
***************************************************************** ************************
Somewhere in the Universe, the ghastly figure of the late Princess Serenity appeared in the mists.
 
Looking through the viewing globe in front of her, she fumed silently.
 
How dare she! He's mine! Mine! Mine!
 
Unfortunately, she could do nothing about the situation, for she was a ghost.
 
***************************************************************** ************************
SailorStar9: Wahoo, another chapter done! Read and review people! And yup, Ami is a duchess in my story and a very young one at that.