Clamp School Fan Fiction ❯ Sane ❯ Sane ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Sane

Author: Cheysuli Night

Rated: PG

Summary: Akira is not all that sane.

A/N: For those of you wondering, the new chapter of Nightingale Sings is about half finished.

_____________

Akira is not all that sane.

Suoh doesn't know just when he realized this. He doesn't know if it was when Akira was once again staring blankly ahead with that childish smile and those empty eyes. He doesn't know if it was when Akira made yet another extravagant dessert for their Kaichou and watched with strangely intense eyes and a wide smile as Kaichou ate it.

Akira is not all that sane.

It was blindingly obvious now that Suoh thought about it. Akira would do anything for Kaichou. He’d slave away for hours on end if it would make Kaichou happy. He’d walk blindly into danger if it would keep Kaichou safe. He would obey Kaichou’s every whim without question, without hesitation, just because it would be what Kaichou wanted. Suoh would do most anything for Kaichou but he could never hope to achieve such obsessive devotion. No sane person could.

Akira is not all that sane.

Suoh knows he’s not the only one to realize this. He can tell by the way Kaichou watches Akira at times. He can tell by the way Kaichou now thinks carefully over the things he asks Akira to do. Because Kaichou knows that Akira will obey no matter what must be done to achieve it. And Kaichou doesn’t want to take advantage of Akira like that. Kaichou cares about Akira too much to do such a thing.

Akira is not all that sane.

Akira’s parents know this as well. Suoh knows they try their best to distract Akira from Kaichou. Suoh knows they make him do things, steal things, to keep his mind off of Kaichou. To get him focused on other things, normal things, sane things. They do their best to take care of him even if they don’t always do what’s right.

Akira is not all that sane.

Suoh knows Akira would never hurt anyone. Akira doesn’t get jealous or possessive when others pay attention to Kaichou. Akira knows that the attention makes Kaichou happy and to take it away from Kaichou would hurt him. Akira doesn’t try to solve Kaichou’s problems. Akira knows that Kaichou likes to do so himself and if Kaichou did need help, he would ask and Akira would obey.

Akira is not all that sane.

Suoh doesn’t know when he realized this. He doesn’t know if it was when he realized Akira was rarely far from Kaichou, even if they didn’t notice him. He doesn’t know if it was when he saw how Akira ignored his own needs to take care of Kaichou, even when Kaichou didn’t really need it. Suoh knows he should be more concerned about this. He knows he should get the one he has sworn to protect away from what could be a danger in the future. But Suoh isn’t concerned because it is Akira and Akira would never ever hurt Kaichou.

Akira isn’t all that sane. But that’s ok.

Suoh knows he wouldn’t be Akira if he was.

 

 

~Owari~