Code Geass Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Masquerade ❯ 2 Hour Delay ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

No, Suzaku wasn't gay; it looked romantically odd to help a girl that he barely knows. Oh, well, Lelouch thought, its love at first sight. But even so, as he took his seat back from finishing the test, he couldn't help to stare at the girl, especially at her rare golden eyes. Kana was just sitting there as Suzaku took his test, she sitting and staring off into space. Kana also felt eyes watching her from time to time, she glanced in the direction of where she felt them and Lelouch quickly turned away. If Lelouch knew, he would have kept staring at her but alas he didn't, but for good reasons. In fact, every single student didn't know it and they will probably never know.
 
It seems that after the arrival of Kana, everyone, err very teacher, seemed so confused that they reschedule a 2 hour-delay until they reschedule the whole what-to-teach area. What that meant is that for a two whole hours, starting from 10 o'clock; people can leave the school premises but have to come back at 12 o'clock. Mrs. Lee felt as though Suzaku should show Kana the school. Suzaku followed as though it was an order given to him by his commanding officer. I guess you can say every teacher at Ashford Academy was his commanding officer. Suzaku took her hand and started to walk down the hallways, showing Kana sorts but also talking to her.
 
“So you cannot see huh?” Suzaku started out
 
“I can see,” Kana replied.
 
Suzaku looked at her, confused. He thought that she was either in denial and doesn't want to believe that she's blind but then again, he also thought that maybe she meant but her other heighten senses. Kana also noticed the short but saddened silenced and went on.
 
“I use my feet to detect vibrations. Even the smallest of bugs, I can sense them.” Kana clarified.
 
Suzaku felt that he should let go of her hand. Kana was technically blind but if she senses things then. He wanted to change the subject but in his life, he had never met a person who was blind, except Nanually, but he knew that she couldn't sense things around her. He wondered if she could see the sky or see the water even thought she's technically blind. Everything around him seemed to droop in a way that it seemed like he was in an alternate universe.
 
“What color is the sky?” Kana asked and stopped right where there was a window.
 
Suzaku found the question confusing. If she could see, why does she not know what color the sky is? But then that question also brought up another question, if she could not see the sky, does that mean that she can't see anything that is detached from the earth? He walked to she was, staring through the glass window, though she wasn't staring.
 
“What do you mean?” Suzaku asked
 
“When I mean by sensing is that all I see is black and white. Black is the background and white represents the figures around me, or the line,” Kana replied, “ I don't know the color of grass down there to the skies up above. Everything looks an old movie. And everything that flies in the sky, I cannot see”
 
He felt so horrible about asking what she meant. He stared at Kana's eyes. It was such a beautiful shade of auburn that he felt stupid to miss them. He saw sadness and emptiness. Then her eyes were shining like crisp, new snow that has fallen on an undisturbed floor. In that moment alone, Suzaku felt as though he has known her for his own life. But when he looked again, it also seemed that she was on a verge of tears spilling without knowing.