Code Lyoko Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Code Lyoko: Grand Tournament ❯ The Grand Tournament ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own either Yu-Gi-Oh, or Code Lyoko, sadly.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
This, being the continuation of The New Guy
------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
It had been about a week since James had first been to Kadic, and minor confusion had began to set in. One day, James had to move, becuase two new people demanded that they share a room. James willingly gave up his room, not really in an attempt to be a good person, just becuase of the fact that one of them would end up rooming with him, and he would never hear the end of it. So with a few minor arangements, he roomed with Jeremie. Luckily for James, he was a heavy enough sleeper. Another strange thing, was the fact that James stopped showing up for class. Anytime he was called to go to Lyoko, he would show up, and he was always there during lunch, but he stopped appearing to class. "Jeremie, we know you've shared a room with James" Odd said "It's a wonder he ever gets any sleep" Ulrich added, having had to once deal with Jeremie's sleep mumbling, then Odd continued "We wondered if you knew why he didn't appear in clases". "Actualy, no" Jeremie replied. "He doesn't talk much about the topic. I'll ask him later".

Later on, James had playing chess against Jeremie. James had now lost a total of six times. "See, James, this is why you never play Einstein at chess". Odd said. Then, Jeremie finally said "James, the rest of us are wondering, how come you haven't been making appearances in class?". James took a long pause, then finally said "I never did tell you guys, did I? Well, its becuase, I went back a grade". At that point, everyone took a really long pause, then James continued "No, I didn't flunk or anything, its simply that, I skipped a grade, but that proved to be a bit difficult, so I asked to be moved back into seventh grade. Gladly, without my parents knowing. They would flip if they did". Soon after this story, everyone went back to the rooms, and James continued to stay in a quiet state.

The upcoming weekend was an extended weekend, so everybody was in a buzz on how they were going to spend it. "Well that sounds like a lot of fun" James said, after hearing what the others were doing, whcih came up to the most boring weekend ever. "Oh yeah, so what are you going to do?" Odd asked. "Honestly, I have a Duel Monsters tournament to attend". Everyone sat for a moment, then Odd asked "Duel Monsters, what is that?" "Well.." James explained "Its a real popular game all of the world, though it originated in Japan. Its a stratigic card game. There hosting a bunch of tournaments all over the world, hosted by some guy named Seto Kaiba. I have my deck, and Duel disk, so I'm going to compete". "Well I'll come with you" Odd said "There's really nothing to do at the school" "I'll go too" Ulrich said, and Yumi agreed to come as well. Jeremie, however, said that he might miss the first day, he had something he needed to work on. "Well thats alright, J (which is what James had started calling Jeremie. "Jeremie's just too long" he had commented) you can come some other day, its a three day tournament.

When they arrived at that mall (where they were holding the tournament) it was filled with Duel Monsters things. James hadn't brought his things, becuase he was only signing up today. After he filled out the paper work, they decided to look around the mall. They had even designed a trading hall, where contestants, (and collecters) could trade with other people. "Look at all these people buying last minuet cards" James commented, seeing loads of people in card shops. "Are you going to buy any new cards" Ulrich asked "Nah" James said "This deck has worked before so many times, I don't need to change it". "I should buy some cards, this looks like a lot of fun. But you'd have to teach me how to play". "Sure thing, Odd" James said with a laugh. They all went through the shops, and Odd and Ulrich actually bought starter decks (Yumi, not really interested), then they went back to the school, so that Odd and Ulrich could learn, and James could practice, for this up comining tournament.