Code Lyoko Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Code Lyoko: Grand Tournament ❯ Duel 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Authors Note: All stratagies used by James, are stratagies I use from my deck.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
The day had finally come, and James stood in the giant mall. The others, wern't quite there yet. They had to go do something important. The insisted that James come, but he was already going to be late, and decided it would be best to head out to the mall. James waited in the "D" Tournament section, were he had told everyone to meet him. He was last to duel, so he decided to use this to his advantage, and watch their stratagies. Right as the first match was about to start, the group arrived, plus one person he didn't recongnize. "Hello everyone" James said "Who is that?" James asked, pointing at the person. The girl (James assumed she was a girl, by what she was wearing) had bright pink hair, wearing a pink dress. The girl laughed slightly at James' question. "You mean you don't recognize her" Jeremie said "Why it's Aelita!" James stood momentarily, then said "Wow, you look a lot diffrent outside of Lyoko. Well welcome to Earth! I had no idea this was what you guys were doing. Did you get rid of the virus?"
"No" Jeremie replied "But we have a new, portable way to know if X.A.N.A. attacks, so we she doesn't have to stay in Lyoko". "Well thank you Aelita, and everyone else, to watch me duel" James said.

As the duels continued in the tournament, and James' match approched, only Ulrich, Odd, and James knew what was going on, so they had to explain it to them. After awhile of getting everyone "up to speed" it was finally time for James duel. A female announcer would introduce the duelists "In the last duel of the first round for tournament D of the grand championship! Our duelists in this battle, are a man, who simply goes by the name of Mr. Mystery!". Mr. Mystery, as he called himself, wore the most rediculous of outfits, with a black cloak with a hood (though he wasn't wearing the hood), the strangest of caps, and an odd looking mask. 'What a odd looking man' James thought to himself. He had seen this trick before, however. The opponent dresses weird, so that they won't take him seriously. By the time they do, its already too late. But James wouldn't fall for it. He was ready. "And his opponent, James Devlin Smith!". After having his name called, James walked up to his opponent. They both shuffled each others deck. Then they walked back to there respective dueling corners, and activated their duel disks. "Let's Duel!" They both said. "Let the battle begin!" The announcer said.

James would make the first move. Drawing his six cards, James noticed that there wasn't any monster avalible to summon, so he did the only move he could. "I'll place two cards face down, and I also play Dian Keto, the Cure Master". James' life point meter rose from 4000 to 5000. "I see" Jeremie said "James, unable to play a monster, increased his life points, preparing for the attack he may recive". "Well it sure didn't take Einstien long to catch on" Odd comenterd. Back in the duel, Mr. Mysterious would begin his first move. He spoke, in a deep, yet oddly familiar voice. "First, I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon". He played the card, and a giant typhoon appeared under one of James' cards, destroying it. "Darn it..." James said to himself. The card that was destroyed was Mask of Restrict, a card he planned on using in the near future. "Then I summon Toon Aligator, and activate the spell card Rushing Recklessly, to boost Toon Aligators attack points by 700". Toon Aligator's original Attack points were 800, and on top of that, were 700 points, totalling to 1500 attack points. The attack that James took, would bring him down to 3500 life points. "Wow" Jeremie said "Those extra life points didn't matter in any way". 'Wow, this guys ruthless' James thought to himself 'I'll definatly need a monster to defend with'. James drew his card, and planned his stragity.

After drawing his card, James' hand looked like this: Blue Eyes White Dragon, Autononomous Action Unit, Patrician of Darkness, and Kiryu. Still not a summonable monster yet. "I'll pass this turn" James said, not really seeing anything else he could do at the moment. Then, Mr. Mysterious would take his turn. "I'll play one card face down in defence mode, and another card face down. Then attack again with Toon Aligator". The effects of Rushing Recklessly had worn off, so the attack power of Toon Alligator was now the origianal 800. The tiny, cartoon-like alligator attack with his axe. This attack would bring James down to 2700 life points. "Well James is definatly going to have to do something to win this fight". "And something is exactly what I'm about to do. I play Gravekeepers Curse, in defence mode. And when I summon this card, it takes 500 life points straight from you!" A dark man appeared on the field, with an eerie looking glow around him, and holding a staff. James' opponent would lose 500 life points. Sadly, this was the best move he could make. First, Mr. Mysterious would activate Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards, and discarding 2. Then he would flip over his face down monster, and move it into attack mode. The monster appeared, with purple hair, and a black dress. "Witch of the Black Forest, destroy his Gravekeeper's Curse!" The man holding the staff burst into many tiny shards. "Then, toon alligator, attack his life points!" James, with only 1900 life points, was begining to notice the drop in life points he was taking. United resistance was the card he drew. Still not good enough, but he played it in defence mode, only to have it destroyed by Witch of the Black Forest, and then loose more life points from Toon Aligator. Now he had 1100 life points, and his opponent was enjoying it all. But then, a ray of hope. A monster that his opponent couldn't crush right away. "I play Celtic Guardian in attack mode! Now, attack his Witch of the Black forest!". From the 500 life points James' opponent lost earlier, and the 400 he just lossed, Mr. Mysterious had 3100 life points. And even still, it looked like there was little hope for James.
Mr. Mysterious, for the first time in the entire duel, looked like he was the one at a loss. So he played another face down card, and changed his Toon Alligator into defence mode. James, after drawing a pointless card, sacrificed his Celtic Guardian, to summon Partician of Darkness, a zombie like, Dracula impersonation, with 2000 attack points. "Partician of Darkness, attack Toon Aligator!" This resulted in Mr. Mysteious loosing 1200 life points, leaving 1900 life points. "And look at that! Just like that, James has managed to tie the game!". James could easily tell that his opponent was completley out of ideas. Everyone was at a hush, as close as the duel was. "Hey!" James shouted to his opponent "Since the game is so close, how about we make this interesting. If I win, you reveal your true identity". "And if I win?" Mr. Mysterious said. "If you win, I'll give you my rarest card. No, scratch that, I'll give you my whole deck" His opponent didn't even think twice. "Alright, I'll do it!". 'He sure is getting excited over nothing' James thought, still believing he was going to win. But it was M.M.'s (Mr. Mysterious) turn. "First I'll summon Muka Muka, in attack mode!". M.M., having 6 cards in his hand, gained 1800 attack points due to its special ability. This gave it 2400 attack points, making it stronger than Parician of Darkness. "Now I also activate Ultimate Offering, so I can pay 500 life points to summon another monster". He would summon Dream Clown. Now it was James' turn. He drew his card, and then played a monster called Senju of the Thousand Hands in defense "This card" James said "Allows me to move one ritual card from my deck to my hand". He got a card out of his deck, and then shuffled it. "I'll end my turn there". "Good" Mr. Mysterious said "Now Muka Muka, attack his Partician of Darkness!" The giant bug charged at James side of the field, but instead of hitting Partician of Darkness, he hit Senju instead. "What just happened?" Mr. Mysterious said. "Its simple" James replied "Its Partician of Darkness' special ability. I can choose who you attack". James, not even noticing that his opponent was hopping mad. "I'll play the Unshaven Angler" James said "And then, I'll play the magic card Turtle Oath". A ghostly looking fish appeared on the field. "Then I'll sacrifice the Unshaven Angler. And due to his special ability, when I offer him as a tibute to summon a water monster, he counts as two monsters, instead of one". The Unshaven Angler disappeard, and in its place, was a mutant looking turtle-crab monster. "Now I summon Crab Turtle! Now Crab Turtle, attack!" The monster charged at Muka Muka, destroying it. Crab Turtle had 2550 attack points against Muka Muka's 2400, so Mr. Mysterious lost 150 life points, leaving 1750. "Now Partician of Darkness, attack!" It attacked Dream Clown, causing James' opponent to lose 800 life points. "Now James takes the lead for only the second time in the match!" The announcer yelled into her microphone "The score stands at James 1900 points, and Mr. Mysterious at 950". Then, Mr. Mysterious started laughing. "Now I play Change of Heart, and take your Crab Turtle". James seemed uneffected by the move. "Now, Crab Turtle, attack! And since you have no monster to redirect this attack at, you must lose Partician of Darkness". The vampire dissapeared, and left James with 1350 points. "You know" James said, with a small grin uncurling on his face "In you haste to finally destroy Partician of Darkness, you forgot to play another monster to protect your life points". Everyone gasped, while Mr. Mysterious went absolutly crazy "How could I over-look that" He yelled "I'm going to lose for sure!". "You know, you sure are unskilled for someone who entered a tournament. Crab Turtle, attack!" The mutant slashed at Mr. Mysterious, knocking out the rest of his life points. "And the winner, James Smith!" the announcer called out. "See you all tommorow for the semi-finals!" "Now then" James said, walking over to his fallen opponent. "Time to see who you are". "No, please, wait...!" He cried, as James removed his mask. Odd, James, Yumi, Aelita, Jeremie and Ulrich all gasped as the possibly most unexpected person was reviled. James' opponent was none other than the principal of Kadic. "I never thought you would be the one to play a game like this" James said. "Well the whole school was playing and it looked like fun so..." The pricipal ran off. "Well, I suppose we should get back too" Jeremie said. And with that, they all went back to the rooms, to await the semi-finals.