Code Lyoko Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Code Lyoko: Grand Tournament ❯ Jeremie vs. Ulrich ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Word speard quickly of James' successful first duel. Milly and Tamia, would soon come up to them, hoping for a scoop. They approached him slowly, due to a recent string of bad interviews. "Excuse me, James" Milly said quietly "Would you mind telling us how you won your fist duel?" "Well..." James said "I do think that a lot of it has something to do with stratagey. Speaking of which, I need to go prepare for my next match" James began to walk off, but then turned, with a bright smile on his face "Oh, and Milly, for future refrance, don't be afraid to ask me for an interview. Not all of us are as bad as Sissi".

Later that day, James and the others would head down to the mall. But, once they got there, they would get two surprises. Surprise number one, was the fact that Milly, Tamia, and Sissi where here. "Okay, I can understand why these three are here" James said, looking at Milly and Tamia, "But why are you here?" He said, now looking at Sissi. "Well, becuase I wanted to see what the big deal is about this stupid game" she replied irritably "Not that its any of your concern". But James, at that point, was hardly listening. For off in the distance, he noticed that Yugi Moto, Seto Kiaba, and Joey Wheeler had all came. James ran up to the three of them quickly. "Wow!" He said in astonishment "Why are you three here?" "Well I think Wheeler's here to compete with those on his own skill level" Kiaba said cooly. "Hey watch it, rich boy!" Joey yelled. Yugi, ignoring both of them, said "Actually, we're here to see some of the competetors. I mean, after all, the winner gets to face anyone of us three, or Pegasus himself" 'Wow' James thought 'All another reason to try and win'. At that point, Jeremie and Ulrich both walked up to James. "Hey James" Ulrich said "Me and Jeremie decided to duel each other to kill time. Can I borrow your Duel Disk?" "Sure" James replied with a smile. He gave Ulrich his Duel Disk, and ran to get Milly and Tamia. "Well" He said "Seeing as though the tournament won't continue for about another hour, how about you get coverage on an exibition match?"
"Oh really, who's Dueling?" Milly asked.
"Ulrich and Jeremie"
"Okay! Tamia, grab the camera".

They all went to a far off corner in the mall. Odd and Sissi sat on a bench, while Milly, Tamia, and James stood on the left side of the match. "Ladies and Gentlemen" Milly said, speaking into the camera "We stand, hours before the tournament takes place. So, we have an exibition match, between Kadic's very own Ulrich Stern, and Jeremie Belpois!" "Okay, here's the rules" James announced, acting as official referee "You each have 4000 life points. Begin!" "Go Ulrich!" Sissi yelled out. "Oh shut up" Odd told her. Jeremie would go first. "I'll play Giant Rat, in attack mode!" A hollogram of a huge, nasty rat appeared in the field. Then Ulrich would take his turn. "First, I'll play Mystic Tomato in attack mode as well". 'Well, Ulrich could attack, which would mean both monsters would be destroyed. But then, that might not exactly be a bad thing' James thought to himself. He egarly anticipated what Ulrich was going to try. "Now, Mystic Tomato, attack!" And just as James predicted, both monsters where destroyed. "What the heck happened?" Ulrich said "Both monsters where destroyed! But wait, that means that Mystic Tomato's special effect activates". Ulrich digs through his deck, and then pulls a card from it. "I play Kumori Dragon, in attack mode!" "What, how did he do that?" Jeremie said. "Mystic Tomato" James began "When destroyed, allows its owner to summon a dark-type monster with 1500 attack points or less. But Jeremie, Giant Rat has a simmilar effect. Read the card". Jeremie, after reading the card, would egarly dig through his deck as well. Then, he would pull a card out, and place it on the field. "I play Beaver Warrior, in defence mode!". "Now Giant Rat, does the same thing as Mystic Tomato, except that it works on earth-type monsters instead". "Wow, what a strategic first round!" Milly said into the camera "From that move, this promises to be one great exibition match!". "Wow, this game looks like a lot of fun..." Sissi mumbled to herself "Perhaps I could impress Ulrich by being really good at-" "Not on your life, Sissi" Odd said, interrupting her. Obviously, he seemed to be listening to Sissi more than he was paying attention to the duel. James thought 'I really have no idea what Milly's talking about. All they did was bring the match to a draw again. Perhaps Jeremie will change that in his next turn'.

Jeremie would draw his next card, and begin the second round of the duel. His face lit up with glee when he saw his card. "I play, Giant Solider of Stone, in defence mode". A huge statue-like being appeared on the field. 'Okay, guess not' James thought. Then he spoke "Jeremie, while its ture that you'll never lose life points this way, you'll never win by simply playing just defences". 'He's right' Jeremie thought. "Now I'll play Pot of Greed, allowing me to draw two cards". Once again, his face was visited with the same joyful look as before "I'll end my turn there" he said. Ulrich drew his card, and said "I play Dragon Dwelling in a Cave, in defence mode!" A huge dragon appeared on the field. "Then I play White-Dragon ritual, sacrificing both Dragon Dwelling in a Cave, and Kumori Dragon, to play, Palidin of the White Dragon! Now, attack Beaver Warrior!" A knight, riding on a white dragon, flew at the beaver in armor, slashing its sword. The beaver shaddered into millions of pieces. Jeremie, however, still wore his smile. After drawing his card, he said "I play Zombyra the Dark in attack mode! Then I play Change of Heart, to take over your Palidin of the White Dragon!" The knight and its dragon both converted to Jeremie's side on the field. "Now, Zombyra and Palidin of the White Dragon, attack" Although the Palidin would attack a defenceless Ulrich, Zombyra didn't move. Ulrich's life points dropped to 2100. "What happened" Jeremie said "Why didn't Zombyra attack?" "Read his ability" James replied "He is unable to attack players directly". Jeremie frowned, but still continued his plan "Now, I change Stone Soldier to attack mode, and then attack!". Ulrich would drop to 800 life points. "Wow, would you look at that!" Milly said "After an all out assult by Jeremie, Ulrich is almost out of life points, and out of this match!" 'Yes' James thought 'But Jeremie's left himself wide open for Ulrich's next monster'. "Now then" Ulrich said "I sacrifice Plaidin of the White Dragon, and summon Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Ulrich said. In place of the Dragon-riding kight, appeared a huge, White dragon. "And thats not all. I play, monster reborn, to revive, Palidin of the White Dragon, and then, I sacrifice it to summon another Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Another White dragon appeared on the field. "Now I play the Mountain field card, giving them both 200 more attack points, then I attach Megamorph, doubling one dragons attack to 6400!" "Wow!" Milly yelled "Do the math! If Jeremie takes this hit, then he will lose, and Ulrich will make a most muraculaous come back!" "Now, Blue Eyes, attack!" The first dragon launched its attack at the Giant Soilder of Stone, bringing Jeremie down to 2300 life points. But when the other attack, Jeremie said "I activate the trap card, Waboku, canceling your attack!" The blast from the dragon dissolved. "And just like that, Jeremie stops his loss with one simple card!" Milly said. "And now, I place Spellbinding Circle on your Blue Eyes White Dragon!". The Dragon that recieved Megamorph was now placed in a bright circle. He couldn't move, nor attack. "Then I activate both Fissure, and Dian Kento the Cure Master!" The dragon not wrapped in the circle was instantly destroyed, and Jeremie gained 1000 life points, giving him 3300. "I'll end my turn there". "And in an instant, Jeremie stops Ulrich's amazing comeback, and disables both of his dragons. Talk about a disappointment!" And what a disappointment it was. Ulrich seemed to be at a loss, until he drew his next card. "Now I activate Monster Reborn, and bring back my Blue Eyes White Dragon! Now, attack!" The dragon obliverated Zombyra, leaving Jeremie with 2700 life points. "Now, its my turn. I play one card face down in defence mode, and end my turn" Jeremie said, with a slight grin on his face. "Okay then, Blue Eyes White Dragon, attack!" The monster that was Man Eater Bug. "Ha! The effect of Man Eater Bug is, when flipped over, destroyes one monster!" The same dragon that attacked, was instantly sent back to the graveyard. "Okay, now I play Oozaki!" Jeremie instantly lose 800 life points, leaving 1900 life points. "Then I'll play, Trap Master" 'Oh thats not good for Jeremie' James thought. "This destroys your Spellbinding Circle!" "Oh no" Jeremie said. "Now, Blue Eyes, attack, and finish Jeremie off!" In a blast of energy, Jeremie's life points dropped from 1900, to 0. "And just when it seems that Jeremie had this match won, Ulrich comes back and takes the match!" "Our winner" James said "Ulrich Stern!" "Yay Ulrich!" Sissi yelled. "Good job, to the both of you" Odd told them. "But Ulrich, though you won, your stratagey wasn't perfect. Jeremie, your proplem was, you couldn't mix a attacking and defending properly. And you, Ulrich, consentrated too much on power. There are ways to overcome any monster, no matter how strong".

Just then, a voice came over the mall intercom "Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for the final match in the D-tournament semi-finals! Its James Smith, versus, Odd Della Robbia!" "Your kidding" James said.
"No, I'm afraid its true" Odd said
"But how?"
"Its a long story".