Code Lyoko Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Code Lyoko: Grand Tournament ❯ X.AN.A.'s Duel ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"I don't care how long a story is, I want you to explain right now!" James yelled loudly. "Alright Alright, I'll tell you!" Odd said quickly. "Alright, so its not as long a story as I said. But, while nobody was looking, I signed up for this tournament. I suppose, however, I got lucky so far".
"But wait" James said, finally calming down "How can that be? I didn't see you duel".
"I know. I was in C tournament. I got an offer from someone else, who wanted to duel in C tournament against a friend, so I came here. Though, I didn't know you'd be my opponent".
"Well, you must be good to have gotten this far. Let's see how good".
Odd and James both traded and shuffled each other's decks. Then they went back to their respective playing corners. James would start the duel. But first, the announcer began to speak. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I see we have a duel between friends. Both combatants in this duel are members of a local school, Kadic Jr. High!" "First I'll play Tremendous Fire, which takes 500 life points from me, and 1000 from you!" James announced loudly. This brought Odd to 3000 and James to 3500. "Then I play Scapegoat!" Four tiny goats of multycolor appeared on James's side on the field. Then Odd took his turn "First, I play one card face down, and then Island Turtle in defence mode!" A huge turtle, with an island, appearantly, on its back. 'And I thought Crab Turtle looked weird'. James thought. "Its a good thing James played Scapegoat" Jeremie said "Its obvious that he still doesn't have a monster he can summon". "What an exciting first round!" Milly said "It seems that James takes an early lead in the duel!" James growled a low growl and simply passed his turn. Still, he had nothing to do. James always seemed to hurt himself with his overabundance of spell and trap cards.

Odd took his next turn. On a normal occasion, he would be able to attack James directly. Sadly, he couldn't do so, with the annoying Scapegoats in the way. So he would have to get rid of them himself. "I activate Giant Trunade! This forces all magic and trap cards to the owners hand!" Instantly, all the Scapegoats dissapeared from the field. "Now I summon Maski, the Legendary Swordsmen! Now Maski, attack! And Island Turtle, change to attack mode and attack too!". James took a great deal of damage with this attack. In total, he took 2200 damage, leaving 1300. "What a vicious attack!" Milly said "Odd has now taken a HUGE lead!" "Well played indeed!" James said excitedly. He would never had thought that Odd would be this good. "But it won't last. I play Skull Knight #2, in defence mode. And then, I play Change of Heart, and I take of Island Turtle". The huge turtle converted to James' side of the field "Now, attack Maski!". "But they have the same attack points!" Odd exclaimed. "Exactly, they will both be destroyed". And this was true. Both Island Turtle and Maski the Legendary Swordsmen were instantly taken from the field. 'That should buy some time' James thought, trying not to reveal that he was completly desprate at this point. "I play Big Eye, in defence mode" Odd said. Suddently, a monster with eyes on almost every inch of its body appeared on the field. 'Is his deck full of freaks?' James thought.

The next turn would go a smothly as plan, for a moment. "I'll sacrifice Skull Knight #2, in order to summon Slot Machine! Now Slot Machine, attack!". Now Slot Machine did attack, but it went right past Big Eye, and blew a hole in a nearby wall. "What in the world?" James yelled. Jeremie checked his computer. "X.A.N.A.!" He yelled. James instantly dropped his Duel Disk, and ran over to Jeremie and the others. Odd did the same. "Why are we still sitting here?" James said quickly "Shouldn't we be on our way to the factory?" Everyone nodded, and ran right out the mall, and to back twoard the school.

The whole city had gone crazy. There were monsters, machines, and all sorts of things going around. Another terrible thing, was that some of the greatest Duelist, were now under X.A.N.A.'s control. X.A.N.A. had managed to gain control of Seto Kiaba, and Joey Wheeler. They both now surrounded Yugi Moto, who was using his monsters to fend off them both. James noticed, that Yugi was about to summon a monster. "Mr. Moto, no!" He yelled "You'll only make it worse!" While it was true that X.A.N.A. could control the monsters, he still needed someone to summon them. Yugi held his card, and barley jumped out of the way of an oncoming Blue Eyes attack. "Whats going on?" Yugi said "Its like all the monsters have become real..." "Its a really long story" James replied, dragging out the word 'really' "And I don't have time to explain". They dodged an another blast from someone else's monster. When James finally got to the entrance to the factory, it was surroned by a group of monsters, including Flame Swordsmen, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, and Dark Magician. "Oh great, how am I going to get past them" James said quietly. "Thats what we were wondering" A familiar voice said from behind him. It was Jeremie, followed by the others. "How long have you all been out here?" James asked, hoping they might have had some time to think of a way to get past them. "A few moments" Jeremie replied "We do have a plan. Ulrich's going to run a distraction". Without warning, Ulrich ran out into the path of the Duel Monsters. Instantly, they all chased after Ulrich. "Okay, I'm sure we don't have a lot of time, now go!" Odd shouted, and everyone complied.

Down in the factory, James stood in the Supercomputer room, while Aelita, Odd, and Yumi headed down to the scanners. James was already on his cellphone, talking to Ulrich. "Ulrich, how are you holding up?"
"Not so good?"
"What's going on?"
"Well, I've been chased back to the school, where monsters are running amok there too".
"Okay. Try and get here as fast as possible though".
With that, James hung up on Ulrich while Jeremie began to start the transfer process. "Scanner, Odd, Scanner, Yumi, Scanner, Aelita" Jeremie began "Transfer Odd, Transfer Yumi, Transfer Aelita. Virtulization!" With that, those three appeared on Lyoko.