Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want To Be With You ❯ The New Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Code: Lyoko or any of its characters. I do however own Sophie.She is totally my own creation. Hands off!

A/N: Italics is what the characters' thoughts are written in

This was written Post-Second Series. So spoilers are probably gonna be included.

-------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

"It's a bit plain," Sophie sighed. "I'm sure I can spruce it up a bit." She was staring gloomily at the walls of her new room at Kadic Academy.

Sophie had already packed away her clothes and was facing two hours of utter boredom before dinner.

"I haven't even made any friends yet."


Sophie unzipped her guitar case and took out her hot pink Gibson. She plugged her amplifier in and turned the volume up a little.

Nobody would mind, she thought. Nobody ever took any notice of her anyway.


Sophie reached into her mind and found what she was looking for. The tabs she'd written for a new song.

Sophie hardly ever had to write anything down. She started playing and her worries flowed away. All her nervousness, her thoughts about having no friends.

When she played, she was free of pain and misery.

When she played, she was at one with her guitar. Until a light knocking on the door brought her right back to the real world.

Sophie stood up and, still carrying her guitar, got up off her bed and answered the door.


"Hi!" said a boy in purple. His hair was blonde and had a purple streak in that too.

"I heard you playing! You're amazing, where did you learn?" Sophie smiled, she was liking this school already, they had cute boys at least.

"I taught myself." He grinned."Me too! Cool or what?"

"I'm Sophie, new girl... obviously. I'm in tenth grade." The boy walked into the room and stared around blankly for a few seconds.

"Great, that's my class! I'm Odd by the way." His eyes rested on the corner in which Sophie's skateboards were propped up.


"You skateboard? Cool!"


"Erm, I'm alright I suppose..." Suddenly, Sophie felt shy and had no idea why.

"We're gonna have to compete sometime," Odd replied. Sophie's eyes widened with diluted fear.

"Made any friends yet?" Sophie looked at her feet.

"Including you? A grand total of... zero." To her suprise, Odd grinned at her even more.

"Well come on then. What are you waiting for? Come and meet my friends."


Sophie was walking nervously behind Odd. Oh come on Sophie. You wanted friends, this is your chance.


Ulrich and Yumi were sitting next to eachother on a bench in front of the cafeteria while Jeremie and Aelita were sitting on another.

"Hey guys, had a good summer? This is... this is Sophie. She's cool! Sophie's the new girl in our class!"

Ulrich caught the glint in his eyes as he said this. "Oh no," Ulrich whispered to Yumi. "Another victim of Odd's charms."

Yumi giggled and then straightened her face.

"Hi Sophie. I'm Yumi! Tell us a bit about yourself then."


"Um, I'm thirteen; I play guitar; I skateboard; I'm a blackbelt at karate and my favourite band's the Subsonics. Oh, and I code websites and write stories. But that's all there is to me really."

The gang all just sat there staring at her. With the exception of Odd who just grinned even wider.

"Erm, just a little uncomfortable..." Sophie mumbled and everyone fell about laughing. Yumi linked arms with her.

"Don't worry," She smiled at Sophie. "You're gonna fit in perfectly!"

------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

A/N: What do you think? It's my first fanfic so please give tips and review! I'm not gonna say: 'Review or I won't update' because I have too much fun and already have a million ideas for the next few chapters.

I love constructive criticism but please don't flame. Anything you think could help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you think of this chapter? Do you think Sophie/Odd is a good match? Was it too short? Did you spot any mistakes?