Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ The new guy ❯ The arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Code Lyoko, just so you know.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
Chapter 1, The Arrival.
One day, while in Jim's Physical Education class, a new student would arrive at Kadic.
"Students, this is a new arrival named James Devlin Smith, from New York City" Jim said, introducing the boy. James was had short brown hair, and slightly pale skin. He was average hight, brown eyes, and was very thin. He wore golden rimed glasses with oval shaped lenses. James also wore a light blue shirt, and brown jeans. James also looked very young for a 7th grader. He was shorter than most as well. He didn't say much of anything, and simply sat on the side of the soccer field until class was over.

Later on at lunch, "The new kid sure doesn't say much" Ulrich said, pointing at James. "Well, its probably becuase he hasn't made any friends here at Kadic" Odd said, then asked "Anyway, where's Jeremie?" "Do you even have to ask?" Ulrich replied "He's obviously at the factory, and obviously working on Aelita's materialization". Then, Odd said, in a slightly quiet voice "X.A.N.A.'s been really quiet lately, its kinda weird". "Yeah, I know what you mean" Ulrich said, in an equally low voice "Its kinda suspicious. But then, its kind of a good think. That means we actually have time to do our school work". "And this is a good thing?" Odd said, laughing. But then, something happened that would cause them to laugh even harder. Sissy let out a high-pitched scream. Sissi was sitting on the ground, with today's lunch, all over her shirt. The sheer sight of this caused Odd and Ulrich to laugh hysterically. "Look what you did you idiot!" Sissy yelled at James, who had accidentally ran into Sissy, not only knocking her down, but spilling his lunch on her shirt. "Next time, watch were you're going!". "I said I was sorry" James said in a quiet voice. "Well sorry's not good enough" Sissy said, storming off. "Let's go" Ulrich barley managed to say to Odd, who both of them where still laughing. They approached James, who was still standing in the same spot, starring at the ground. "Don't worry about her" Ulrich said, finally managing to calm his laugh. "Yeah, Sissi's really touchy" Odd said after Ulrich "She thinks she's the greatest thing in the world, and the only two who really think that are Herb and Nicholas". "Hello" James said, finally glad to have someone to talk to "My name's James, in case you didn't know". "We know" Ulrich said "We were in Jim's class when you arrived. I'm Ulrich" "And I'm Odd" Odd said, introducing himself. At that time, lunch had ended, so they all left to go to their next class.

"So, are you boarding here?" Ulrich asked James on the way to Mrs. Hertz's class. "Why, yes, I am" James said "But as far as I know, I don't have a roommate". "Well, that might be a good thing sometimes" Odd said with a chuckle. "But let me ask you something" James said."What's with Sissi? I don't see why she got all upset over an accident". "Sissi's always been like that" Ulrich replied "We don't really know why" James looked down at the ground and then said "Well, I can obviously cross her off my list of friends. Which is a very small list I might add. I've never been really good at making friends". "Well now you have four new friends. You can hang out with us!" Odd said. James smiled, but then said with a puzzled expresion on his face. "Four? But there's only two of you!" Odd laughed softly "Oh yeah. We forgot to explain. There's also Yumi and Jeremie, who you'll meet later". Then Odd's cellphone rang. "And this is one of them now. Hello." Odd said, picking up his phone. Jeremie's voice said through the phonev"Odd, take Ulrich to the factory now. We have a X.A.N.A. attack" "You know, you're not supposed to have a cellphone" James said. Odd an Ulrich exchanged worried glances at each other. Then James laughed and pulled out a cellephone of his own. "Don't worry, I won't tell" He said, smiling. "Well we have to go meet Jeremie now" Odd said, looking at Ulrich, so that he knew X.A.N.A. was on the attack, and that Aelita was in trouble. "We'll catch up to you later" And Odd and Ulrich ran off, with James waving behind them.

Later on, down at the factory, Odd and Ulrich met Yumi and Jeremie down at the factory. "As I told you" Jeremie began "X.A.N.A. has activated a tower. I haven't figured out what exactly he plans on doing, but, its best that one of you stay behind at the school, to find out, while the other two go and help Aelita". "I'll stay behind" Ulrich said. "Fine. The Odd, Yumi, please head down to the scanners". As Ulrich set off, back to the school, Odd and Yumi both stepped into the scanners for virtualization.