Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ The new guy ❯ The arguement ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This week would be a busy one for the Lyoko gang.
 
The same day James had arrived, X.A.N.A. would start by causing a giant flood in Kadic. Ulrich, who was trying to evacuate the school, swore that on the way from the factory, he saw James, walking around. He also claimed to see James near where the flood had started.
 
The next day, Tuesday, the whole group thought they had saw James around the entrance to the factory. That day, X.A.N.A. would release a toxic gas, which caused a variety of things to happen, anywhere from a minor cold, to cancer itself! They managed, however, to deactivate the tower before anyone died.
 
On Wednesday, James would once again be found close to the site of where the X.A.N.A. attack would happen, which this time, X.A.N.A. would overload any electrical device, making it dangerous for anyone to walk past anything that ran on electricity. While Odd tried to safely evacuate the students, Yumi and Ulrich would help Aelita deactivate the tower.
 
Through the rest of the week, the attacks would just keep getting worse, and James continued to either be found near the site of the attack, or, near the entrance to the factory right before the attack. On Sunday, at lunch, they tried to avoid their “friend” James, so that they could discuss what was going on. “Wow, an attack every day” Odd said to the others. “Yeah, and strangely enough, James has been near the attacks, doing something suspicious, or, wandering around the entrance” Jeremie said “I think he's working for X.A.N.A.”. Then Yumi yelled “You can't honestly mean that!” Yumi said “He's from New York. He probably knows nothing about Lyoko or X.A.N.A.!” “Actually” Ulrich said “I agree with Jeremie. It's seems way too suspicious that he was around every day”. “Well I'm going to find out” Jeremie said angrily.
 
That night, after class, Jeremie took Ulrich and Odd to James dorm. Jeremie knocked on the door, and James answered. “Hello….” James said, dragging out the hello with the most puzzled look on his face “And you are…..?” “James, this is Jeremie. Anyway, we just wanted to ask a few questions” Ulrich told James. “Okay, sure” James said, still looking puzzled. Odd, Ulrich and Jeremie entered James', closing the door behind them.
 
“Well, what did you want to ask?” James said, still pondering why they were here. “Well…” Ulrich said, trying to think of the best way to approach the subject, in case James really was clueless to Lyoko. “We noticed that you've been going off into the forest area lately” He said with a bit of uncertainty. “And let me guess, I'm not supposed to go down there, right?” “Well, no, your not” Odd said “But that's not what we're worried about. Have you noticed anything weird around that area?”. James took a moment to think about Odd's question, then replied “Why yes, actually. I found a sewer lid and…” All three of them gasped. What if James did go down to the factory? “Let me guess, I wasn't supposed to go down there either” James said, after they all gasped. “What did you find?” Jeremie yelled, finally losing his temper. “Well, there was a bunch of skateboards and a scooter. Then, I walked through the sewer and found a bunch of ropes. Sliding down the ropes, I found this elevator, but….” Then Jeremie interrupted him again “So you are working for X.A.N.A.!” He yelled, while Odd and Ulrich tried to get him to lower his voice. “What in the world are you talking about?” James said, more confused than ever “Who is X.A.N.A.?” “What do you know about Lyoko? And Aelita?” Jeremie said angrily. “Listen, I have no idea who Lyoko or Aelita is. But I do know they probably really miss you at the place with the padded walls!” And with that, James asked Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie to leave his room, and they did, with James slamming the door behind them.