Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ We're Family. ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
 
As the last bits of Barkis remains flew away in the wind The island began quivering as the Castle and the jungle began to disappear as well. Soon the island had reverted into a plain ordinary island again, and the sun rose into the sky.
 
The rich people all cheered with joy. The nightmare was finally over. Victor and scraps rolled along the ground happily. “We did it, Scraps, old boy… we did it.” He cried happily.
 
Scraps barked happily and licked Victor's face.
 
“Ah-Ah-ahem!” came a voice from behind. Victor slowly turned round and saw his mother and father with scowling looks on their faces and tapping their feet the tensed way.
 
Victor nervously got up to his feet. “M-m-mother… Father.” He said all shaky again. “I… well… I--”
 
“Victor Van Dort!” snapped his mother. “As much as I would like to be infuriated with you…” she changed her expression, “… I just don't have the heart.”
 
Victor stopped shaking. “You… what?”
 
They told him that Barrack told them the truth in the castle. “At least we know you're alright and that.” Said William. “My boy… the thing is, were proud of you.”
 
“Normally you would have run off with your pants all wet.” Added Nell. “But you stood up to that awful man by yourself, and you saved us all from certain doom.”
 
“Mother?” said Victor. “I don't know what to say.”
 
Nell and William decided it would be okay to look for successor to leave their fortune too, as Victor was already dead.
 
The only thing was, how were they going to get off the island? There weren't any boats they could use, Victor's reliquary was powerless, and the island had no food, no shelter, absolutely none.
 
Suddenly, a flash of light had appeared in the middle of the island. It expanded, and expanded. Then in a very big bright flash of light… Everyone had vanished and all returned to their homes.
 
Scraps, Victor, and the Van Dorts were even transported back to England, right to the fish shop, and Victor's old home.
 
“Uh… anyone mind telling me what just happened?” asked William. “How on Earth did we get here?”
 
Victor had a good idea what it was. “Good old Elder Gutknecht.” He said in his thoughts. “Never is a man to let someone down.”
 
 
Victor had bid farewell to his parents, until they met again, and returned to the land of the dead where he was reunited with the rest of us.
 
Emily couldn't stop throwing herself all over Victor, and planting kisses all over his face for saving them all. But Victor was happy to be home.
 
And speaking of home… Elder Gutknecht had lead us back to our farm which had been cleaned up and restored to normal. Buildings, Animals and all.
 
“It was the least we could all do for your heroic efforts.” He said. “In all my years and after years I have never seen such bravery.”
 
We all felt really grateful to Elder Gutknecht. He was always there when we needed him, and was always so very kind. To us, he was almost family.
 
Victor did feel rather sad though that his parents couldn't come and meet the rest of the gang, and that it would be a long, long time before he ever hoped of seeing them again.
 
“It's alright if you're sad Darling.” Said Emily. “Mykan and I haven't seen our parents for much longer, and we're still getting used to not having them around.”
 
I nodded. “Even though they're not hear Victor… that doesn't mean you don't have a family.” I said.
 
Victor looked up from his dinner plate. “Do you really think so?” he asked.
 
“We know so Victor.” Said Victoria, “It's really so simple.” She gestured for me and Emily to start playing the piano… and we did.
 
(Victoria)
 
Take a little time
Just look at where we are
We've come very, very far together
 
And if I might say so
(Elder)
 
And if I might say so too
 
(Both)
 
We wouldn't have got anywhere
If it weren't for you,
boy
 
(Mykan)
 
Love is the sweetest thing
 
(Maggot)
 
Love never comes just when you think it will
(Emily)
 
Love is the way we feel for you
 
(ALL, Except Victor)
 
We're family, we're family, we're family
All of us and you
 
(Maggot)
 
Think of where we'd be
If we were on our own
 
(Victoria)
 
You're what holds us all together
 
(Mykan)
 
And if I might say so
 
(Emily and Elder)
 
And if we might say so too
We never could lov
e anyone
As much as we love you
 
 
(ALL)
 
Love is the strangest thing
Love does exac
tly what it wants to do
Love...
Boy, you know it's true
We're family, we're family, we're family
(Me) (Me) (Me) (Me)
And you!
(Emily)
 
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
 
(ALL)
 
Without you there'd be no us

Love is the sweetest thing
Love does exactly what it wants to do
Love is the way we feel for you
We're family, we're family
(Victor)
 
We're family…Me
 
(ALL)
 
and you
 
We all shared a wonderful group hug. “We'll always be together... Won't we?” Victor asked.
 
“Victor… You're stuck with us… for life.” I said. But then I just realized what I said. “Oops… hee, hee… Sorry.”
 
Everyone joined in with a good laugh, and with everything back to normal, and everyone all happy and well again. This story is--
 
“Wait, Wait… Not yet.” Came Barrack's voice.
 
“Don't you want to know what happened to me?” Oh right… Barrack… now free from Barkis for good, he got a job as a singing performer in town, and really good at it too.
 
 
(Barrack)
 
And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
 
I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway;
And more, much mo
re than this,
I did it my way.
 
Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw
it through without exemption.
 
I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much m
ore than this,
I did it my way.
 
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I
stood tall;
And did it my way.
 
I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I
've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears sub
side,
I find it all so amusing.
 
To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.
 
For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!
 
THE END