Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Ed n Duo's Greatest Adventure ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ed and Duo's Greatest Adventure

Chapter 11

By Devon Masterson

AN: The music I am using for this chapter is What Comes Around by Ill Nino. -_-; Yes, I am making a vid with that one, how did you guess? Am I that transparent? But trust me it will fit later in the chapter and in the next chapter

"I have nothing to say, but I feel like my mouth is open…" Duo sang as he worked under the hood of his vintage mustang. He managed to find it an old salvage yard during one of his many treasure hunts. It was pretty bad off being nearly a hundred years old, but he could get anything running. All it needed was lots of love and his brand of magic. He already put over a year's worth work and thousands of dollars into it. He knew it would be worth way more once he was finished, an estimated 3.5 million, but he had no plans of selling it. It was his baby.

"Does that even run?" Quatre asked as he leaned in the doorway watching the braided man. He gave him sometime alone before he decided to probe information from him.

"Of course it does. I dropped a brand new engine in it months ago! It just doesn't run far. I have to rework the computer system. Cars haven't changed that much since this baby was new, but it still needs a lot of work," he answered proudly.

"I hate the way you make me feel. I hate the way you think you're real…"

"What is that noise?" Quatre asked frowning.

"Hey, that's classical music in it's most perfect form," he answered walking over to his CD player and turning it up. "This is Ill Nino. You have to heard of them."

Quatre shook his head. "Sorry."

Duo sighed and turned the CD Player off. "Well they were a one hit wonder. I'm going to have to educate you on the finer points of music. Sometimes I think the only person that understands me around here is Ed."

At the mention of her name, Quatre's countenance became more intense. "I want to know what happened in there."

"I figured you came in here to interrogate me," Duo replied going back to his work. "I guess I might as well start talking now, before you start the Jedi mind tricks on me. You and Trowa are famous for that you know."

Quatre smirked. He was known to be persuasive, but Duo did not have to over dramatize things. "Is there something between you and Ed."

Duo gave a look of surprise. He did not expect him to be so direct. "Not so loud," he remarked looking around. "Ed's one of my best friend's. She has everything a guy could want; a nice personality and a nice rack, but come on!"

Quatre flushed. "Sorry, I guess when you stormed out…"

"Q-man, listen. I love Ed like a sister but there two things standing in the way; Trowa and I… have my sights set on someone else. I know I flirt with Ed and all, but it's just to get a rise out of her. She knows that and it's cool," he added. "But what I don't need is Wufei putting ideas in Trowa's head. We all know Trowa's Batman and is always hiding in the shadows, He's worse that Heero. He's already been looking at me funny every since he caught us in the kitchen the night we pranked Dorothy."

"I understand," Quatre replied. He smiled at the fact that the classical allusion the braided man used was not lost on him. He remembered having to sit through a Batman marathon and knew that masked hero was known for his quick wit and stealth. "So when are you going to tell Catherine how you feel?"

"Geez," Duo sighed shaking his head. "I don't even want to know how you know about that. I just gotta know if Trowa knows."

The Blond smiled; he still had not lost his touch. "As far as I know, he doesn't know, but with Trowa it can be hard to tell."

"I think he would have killed me by now," Duo muttered. "Hand me a three-quarter wrench will ya'?"

Quatre looked into the tool cabinet then produced the desired tool. Despite the way his room looked, Duo was very organized. It was kind of eerie how particular he liked to have his stuff. Some people say they have a system and it's just justification, but he really logically threw things in a certain place. His garage was the most organized place he ever encountered; not even Wufei could say anything about it. The blond smirked as he thought about how Duo explained that as much as he loved chaos he could not work in it; it interfered with his constructive creativity. "Here."

"What's so funny?" Duo asked taking the wrench.

"Nothing," Quatre answered. He heard a car coming up the front driveway. "I think Faye's home."

It was Duo's turn to smirk. "Well make sure you two have enough strength to make it to the club this time. This is my night and I want to live it up."

A slight flush crossed his features. "Don't worry," he commented. "It's your graduation party. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

%%%

"Now this is a party," Duo replied as he sat at the table and finished off the last of his drink then smiled. His smile became less brilliant as he looked in the stoic faces of Wufei and Trowa. "Oh come on, even Heero's out on the floor dancin', albeit with his closet girlfriend he thinks we don't know he has."

"Anything to shut you up, Maxwell," Wufei commented as he spotted the lady he was nonchalantly looking for by the bar. He left the table.

Duo grinned then looked back at Trowa who sat with his arm draped around Ed, who looked somewhat bored. This was the first time all of them went to a club together since the girls came to live with them. He sighed inwardly the only way he was going to get Trowa to not be so stiff and help Ed out would be to get himself in a bit of trouble. "Fine, if you don't want to have fun at my party," he began over emphasizing the last two words, "then don't let Ed suffer. Come one, Ed let's dance." He took her arm and whisked her away before Trowa could stop them.

Ed started to giggle as Duo held her close to him during the dance. She had a feeling of what he was to about do, but she was little nervous. She did not want make Trowa mad, but he did need to relax a little where she was concerned. She had grown used to people looking at her oddly since she was young, however, she was only faintly aware that looks had changed. "This is fun," she laughed. "This is Ed's first time."

"Well then I'll be gentle," he replied winking and pulling her close to him. True the type of music playing called for the closeness, but there was very little space between them. Duo could see the look on Trowa's face as he stood and made his way towards them. He smiled, dipped Ed lowly and whispered lowly in her ear while they were horizontal. "Here comes your new dance partner right on schedule." He straightened then spun her around so that she ended up in Trowa's arms once he stepped into range. "You guys owe me, I'll just put it on your tab. Later." He started off for the middle of the dance floor.

"Dance with me boyfriend person," Ed replied putting her arms around him and pushing herself close to him the way Duo had done, but with no space between them.

Trowa put his hands around her waist. He felt like an idiot for falling into Duo's trap so easily. He had never been so easy to read before, but these days it seemed like everyone was doing it. Duo was right, they should have fun. He smiled as a seductive salsa song came on. "Let's try something new," he said lowly as he lifted her leg to his hip.

"Ooh," Ed smiled in surprised.

Faye twirled in Quatre arms and smiled at him flirtatiously as he pulled her close to him. The two started to move back in forth seductively to the salsa rhythm. They made perfect dance partners as they anticipated each other's movements. Neither knew whether it was because they knew each other so well or whether it was just the sensuality of the moment, but they were good together. She was definitely going to enjoy having him all to herself for the three weeks everyone else was in Brazil. Ed was the reason they would have some peace for three glorious weeks, she managed to get everyone into the program and of course there was some coercion from Quatre.

"Well," Faye said coyly as she stared into Quatre's ocean eyes. He grinned mischievously. She had not seen such a deep dip coming. His hand trailed the side of her firm derrière and down the leg that she extended while he moved his hand along. There were a few whistles from a few males that stopped dancing to watch the couple. "Aren't we in a mood?"

Quatre gracefully jerked her upward so that her ankle was on his shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a few guy's eyes widen and their mouths drop. "Just maybe," he replied as he let her ankle down slowly.

"I'll see what I can do about that later," she replied as they started moving again.

"Get a room," Duo teased as he danced his partner near the couple then pointed towards the other side of the dance floor. "Get a load of Ed and Trowa."

Quatre and Faye looked towards Ed and Trowa; they had a small circle around them as they danced seductively against each other. "Ed has come a long away," Faye commented. "Trust me."

"Another happy couple courtesy of Duo Maxwell," he said twirling his partner around then bowing extravagantly. He then pulled his partner in his arms and dipped her lowly. "Don't do anything I would do," he smirked as he pulled his partner across the floor in a dramatic fashion before settling her right again.

"That leaves just about everything," Quatre said to Faye raising an eyebrow.

Faye took his hand and led him off the dance floor. "Then let's see if we can figure something that he wouldn't."

What Comes Around by Ill Nino

©2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Blue Production.

Let's be real here… we all know that I don't own these characters or you would be watching this instead of reading it [with the exception of manga of course]. I just do this for kicks and wiggles [yes, I know the real expression, and this is mine] anywho don't sue me, hire me instead;p