Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel From Hell ❯ Session #01 - Strange Days ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






My Angel From Hell

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

"A friend who won't betray
I pull you from your tower
I take away your pain
And show you all the beauty you possess
If you'd only let yourself believe that."

- Adia, Sarah Mclaughlan -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------








I remember a day like this.

The streets were flooded with screeching cars, variety of the populus, and the voices of humanity. It seemed normal enough to them. Even to me. The day was ordinary. There was nothing unusual about it, only the plain and simple routine of daily life. Ever since the end of the Eve Wars, and after the Mariemaia Incident, things such as peace and prosperity ruled throughout every country in the world. I had a feeling ever since the beginning of the new year that people such as myself would not be needed anymore.

I was contemplating to shout on that day. I don't recall the point of my yelling, but I had this desire to scream out all my problems. I believe it was all this peace and quiet surrounding me that drove me crazy. Many enjoy the simplicity of life in small towns, while others enjoy the fast-paced, cut-throat society in big cities. Yet I enjoyed neither. Years after the end of my service, I tried both lifestyles. First I went into the country, and settled down to relax. Eventually, I grew tired of it and entered the city instead. Eventually I grew tired of the city as well.

I soon found out the harsh reality of my ennui. I belonged on the battlefield, not resting my mind and body from all those years of training and washing away the memories of warfare. However, soldiers weren't needed anymore. War wasn't needed. Violence and bloodshed that ranged somewhere between the Inquisition of "heretics" and the Holocaust was erased from history. Minimal chaos remained, consisting of a fair share of robberies, burgulars, and other small law breakers.

They still didn't need a soldier like me. I was no longer needed in the world. I was... useless. All my years of training for protecting the innocent wasn't needed anymore. I tried joining the law enforcement, but I accidentally killed the murderer I was chasing down. I have to admit... I do get trigger-happy.

I had lost contact with my comrades straight after the Mariemaia Incident. I was alone in a tranquil world with barely any problems. I couldn't stand it, and I wanted to do something -- anything -- that would have triggered a bloody war again. But I didn't have the heart to do so. People had suffered enough already. They didn't need a suicidal, war-crazed maniac like me to ruin their peace.

So, I suffered for three years, wondering if I was going to find a purpose in life again. I had odd jobs left and right, moving from place to place. I was a nomad, searching for a right to live in this perfect society today. I began to lose hope quickly, and the struggle was becoming worse and worse to endure. And then the worst of things happened -- my emotions began to leak through.

Of all the times for them to emerge... I was contemplating a lot of things. My life, suicide, my job... it was crazy. All of these emotions were coming up and out of nowhere. I was beginning to lose my edge of intimidation, my only piece of identity left. I was losing my... myself. The only thing I had left was my soldier-like, stoic persona, and I was on the verge of losing it for good. I thought I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought I would just have to kill myself in order to be at peace. I couldn't lose me... then what in the world would I be?

It was on a bleak Wednesday night in September when my world was turned upside-down.

I thought something of this magnitude would have started sometime on Sunday. Mainly because that's the Sabbath Day, the holy holiday of religion, if my memory serves me correctly. Then again, my memory never fails me. I guess God wanted to do something different with me. I'll never really know.

To this day I still don't know how I got His attention, but I did. After years of waiting for true chaos, I finally got the answer to all of my prayers. But I wasn't expecting this type of chaos, though. I truely wasn't. It was just another day for me, walking from my job to my apartment, with all the weird people living on my floor who wouldn't drive me as crazy as the person I would meet on that fateful Wednesday.

Well, the mayhem all started on that foresaken day. It was one of those nights that I enjoyed, where the wind is calm, the temperature is cool, and the sky is bright with stars. Even after all of this... I still like those type of nights.

You hear that?! You couldn't influence me completely, dammit! I still like those nights! I still like nights where I'm by myself and the wind is... but then I did meet you on that night... and you liked them too...

Dammit... I hate you.

Before I go off on a tangent, the tale goes like this: a walk in the park, the meeting of a cowboy, and the confrentations, adventures, and lessons that laid ahead of us -- sounds like a good story, doesn't it? Well, hopefully. I might as well start on a memorable note.

Angels don't exist.

Do you believe in them?

Do or don't, I've got a story to tell.

I still think no one will believe me about what transpired a couple months ago. It was an experience that I wanted to forget, but I just couldn't. That damn angel... or demon... whatever form he was, good or evil, he annoyed the shit out of me. Bottom freakin' line.

His cigarette smoking got in my way from doing work, his constant laid-back routines got on my nerves, his cocky attitude that he could take down anybody nearly forced me into choking him back to death -- basically, he was a living, breathing nightmare who just happened to be from Heaven.

For seven months I took up with everything he was, and I guess he took up with everything I was. He was annoying, irritating, and lazy... and I guess in his eyes, I was too.

Except for the lazy part, of course.

Nowadays, when I look back, I remember the times we had. The adventures we partook in at the shopping malls, the conversations in which we would constantly bicker and moan about things in life -- past, present, or future (whenever we felt like it), the shouting matches between me getting off the computer and him to stop touching things in my room... things of that nature.

Sometimes, I think that we could have passed for brothers. Him the careless martial artist that refused to wear a halo, and me the nonchalant hacker that refused any type of assistance. Him the guy that wouldn't stop smoking, and me the guy that wouldn't get off the computer. Him the big brother, and me the little brother. It was almost like a match made in... Heaven.

I shouldn't even mention the word Heaven anymore. It just gives me chills whenever I say or even think of the word. As if you haven't realized yet, this story is nothing people would believe. It's out of the ordinary, it's absolutely supernatural, and it's one tale that I lived through. Basically, this is an account from a real life event. Told as if the story was from both our eyes, practically an omniscent third based point of view storyline. Read it, believe it, or criticize it, do whatever you want.

This is the tale of a lonely hacker, who was trained all his life to become a perfect soldier. Once he was no longer needed after the wars between the Earth and the colonies, his mind, heart, and soul was lost, misplaced, and forgotten to the world completely, like a child gone astray in a sea of humanity. Emotions that he hadn't encountered for so long erupted like a gigantic volcano internally. He had no place to go, no place to hide, no place to run.

That is, until he met a guy named Spike Spiegel.

And he was assigned to be the guardian angel of Heero Yuy.

Thus begins the amazing, unbelievable tale of me and my angel... from hell.




STRANGE DAYS HAVE FOUND US...