Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Anything But Blue ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Anything But Blue

By Mara-chan

Disclaimer: I don't own Cowboy Bebop (though I did ask for it this year), just this particular string of thoughts pouring from Faye's head. Damn, I do this a lot huh?

"Oh, Ed . . ." I sighed. "Anything but blue . . ."

I really wished the kid hadn't picked out blue to paint my toenails. It was the same color as Gren's eyes; that clear, dark, watercolor blue only a few people have as a natural eye color. Sapphire, I would call it, if it wasn't so liquid looking.

According to Spike, Gren had died on his way to Titan. He wanted to die in a place of old memories, and even is he didn't make it, he'd still be on his way there, which was good enough for him.

Strangely enough, I liked Gren. He was a nice guy, really friendly and pretty good looking too, not that I was interested in him in that way.

Yeah, I tried to kill him when I figured out that he was working with Vicious, but, damn, when he pinned me out of that shower, I was scared. I thought there might have been a load in my tight little pleather hot pants. He was right when he said he wasn't like other men. A little too right.

But hey, the guy needed someone to talk to. A few screwed up hormones, though leaving me a little shocked, wasn't gonna stop me from listening. Keeping with my bad-girl attitude, I pasted a frown on and scowled so that I could hide the shock, but he saw right through it. You could tell. He was just that kind of person.

Gren's story about Vicious' betrayal just made me hate the silver-haired man even more. Something in the way Gren talked about him before he got up to that part told me that at one point, he loved Vicious. Maybe not as a lover, but as someone very close. I wanted to rip out Vicious' hair even more, but then Gren cuffed me and put me in his room.

I cried in there. I cried because anyone who dealt with Vicious was going to end up hurt, and I knew he probably wouldn't make it through the rest of the day.

"So you brought someone in just to talk and then go out and die?" I asked him a bit angrily. I didn't want him to die. He just seemed so nice, so undeserving of death.

But I guess he'd been searching for death all along. I guess he was tired of being used, tired of thinking back and frowning at himself and the way he was so naïve.

"Faye-Faye, why don't you like blue?" Ed asked innocently. "You like blue, don't you?"

I was silent for a moment. I thought about Gren's watercolor eyes again.

"Yeah, Ed, I like blue. I like blue a lot."