Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Bebop Elegy ❯ Bebop Elegy ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

I claim no ownership of any characters or material that is copywrited to the owner of Cowboy Bebop. I just love the series and think that Ed is AWESOME!
 
 
Dear Diary,
 
I keep thinking about the old days. I keep wondering what might have happened if Spike had stayed. He never came back after that last fight with Vicious. I miss him sometimes but I think that was the way it was going to end when it started. After that, Jet decided it was time to settle down. He opened up a bar on Ganimede, and Faye…Faye was never the same. She took losing him worse than anyone. She left a few weeks later. Last I heard she was hanging around the casinos on one of Jupiter's moons. Her luck actually seems to have turned around but I think she'd rather have Spike back.
 
As for Ein and me, this is gonna sound a bit weird but I guess all that bounty hunting rubbed off on me. Its nothing like it was in those days. There haven't been any viruses that could change the human race to monkeys or sentient satellites. Things have been pretty quiet since then, but I see my fair share of excitement these days. In fact, I just bought a new ship last week and already it has bullet holes. Okay, so it's not entirely new and a few of the bullet holes were already there but it's a good ship and it holds together under fire.
 
A few mementos are all I've got left from the glory days. Jet let me have Spike's lucky sunglasses and Faye let me have that old Beta tape. Jet…we keep in touch and I stop in for a drink every time I'm near Ganimede.
 
The one thing that I have left from all of the missions is and old chess piece. I miss Hex. That was a good game and I never even got to meet him. I met his grandson though. We met up a few years ago and we play chess every week. He's a bounty hunter like me and we've even teamed up on a few missions. We're good friends and between you and me, I think he likes me. I wish he would hurry and work up the nerve to ask me out. If he doesn't soon I think I'll have to ask him myself. Maybe I'm just lonely, but I've been thinking a lot about him lately. Maybe I'll ask Jet about it. I can always talk to him about that kind of thing. Maybe he shoulda been a bartender to begin with. It suits him.
 
Well, Ein is whining and I think it's about time for the announcement of the bounties for today so until tomorrow,
 
See You Space Cowboy