Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Black Coffee ❯ Black Coffee ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Black Coffee
Rating: PG just because :P
Summary: Oh won't you come have a drink with me?
Disclaimer: Cowboy Bebop does not belong to me. So there.


---

'Oh Won't You Have A Drink With Me?

Mmm... No.'


There are a few things that will always remain constant in the atmosphere of a bar. The moaning of drunks and their miserable lives, the sound of ice rattling around an empty glass as a patron is draining his glass, the melody of a saxophone floating in the air as it brings memories to all who may hear it

So basically, you can always count on hearing familiar sounds in a bar, no matter what city or planet you have parked your ship. You may have familiar sounds at home, though with the haze of alcohol, one might forget for a while. The yap of a dog as he chases after a giggling child, the grumbling of a man as he trims his bonsai, the soft breathing of a comrade who is currently taking up more than his share of the couch.

"Oh don't you wish you would hear those sounds again..." She spoke softly to herself, staring at her empty glass with confusion. Her appearance was neat and clean, though a little revealing. Yellow shirt that was just a bit too tight, hot pants that needed to be held up via the suspenders over her shoulders. High heeled boots that were pristine white, along with a red hair band to keep her violet hair out of her face. A perfect angel of sin, caught up in a world full of shades of gray.

'Come on, just one little drink?

Mmm... No.'


"Bang" was all he had proclaimed before he fell down dead from blood loss was what they told her. He just held out his arm, aimed his finger and bang, down he went. No time to look around and see if he knew any faces in the crowd. No need to see if any of his comrades had come for him. His spirit left when his angel died, though the body still remained.

Sometimes she would catch herself hoping he had died and found peace, a utopian paradise with his angel Julia. But then her heart would ache, and she cursed the very air he had breathed, and the pain he had caused her.

The old man went on as usual. He searched for that crazy hacker, and eventually found her back at that orphanage on Earth. Once he went to see her, she proclaimed that he was her daddy, and that was that. Later on, she told them the awful things her true father did to her when he was bored. That caused the poor man quite a bit of distress, and he went out one day to kill, and came back with blood on his hands. She was his daughter now, and no one hurt his little girl.

Ein came along with his best friend, and brought a girl mutt with him. She was given the name Poker Alice, after the shrew herself. Truth be told, that did cause a bit of chaos, especially when she tried to strangle the poor girl, but the dear old adoptive father came and put a stop to that.

'Please, maybe some tea with sugar?

Mmm... No.'


Her glass was refilled, and she drained it in one gulp. "Leave the bottle." She slurred at the surprised barkeep, narrowing her eyes and glancing towards the door as if she were afraid of a ghost following her.

He began to protest, using soothing words like 'nice' and 'girl', but she stopped him short when her gun was drawn and aimed to his forehead. He stammered, shoved the bottle towards her, and ran to the other end, sweat running in rivers down his face.

"All it takes is a little persuasion!" She grinned, pouring herself a full glass. She drained it with great gusto, and smiled widely at the barkeep at the other end, being sure to show all of her pearly whites as if she were a tiger. And that is what she was - A tiger striped cat in mourning for another one of her kind.

'Aww... come on, please? Just one drink with me?

Mmm... No.'


The door to the bar opened, letting in a gust of cold air. She didn't bother looking up, for fear of knowing who came in. Instead, she focused on her glass... the oh so innocent glass that was just full to the rim with the drink of sinners.

"Faye, you're drunk." He observed, leaning against the bar to inspect her glass. "Just how many of those have you knocked back?"

"None of your business, mister. I am a big girl, and I can drink all I want." She grumbled, wagging a finger before his face. She looked him in the eyes, daring him to say otherwise.

He shook his head in disbelief, and pulled out some money to put onto the bar. "Look, you need to sober up. Ed found a bounty, and we need you to come along on this one to play interference."

She stared at the money meant to pay for the liquor she had consumed as if she had not heard him. He withdrew his hand from the pile of woolongs, and she snapped back into reality. "What do you mean, interference? And why, might I ask, are you off of the ship?"

'How about some coffee? Just one cup of black coffee?

Mmm... Sure.'


Her comrade turned to face her, and a smirk fell onto his face. "Because Faye, I came to get you back to the damn ship." He held out his hand in a peace offering, and pulled out an unlit cigarette to fit in his teeth. "Now, how about some black coffee to clear that head of yours?"

She smiled wryly, and pushed herself off of the bar stool, ignoring his outstretched hand. "Sure, why not. You were always the Gentleman, weren't you, Spike?"

---

Fin.

---