Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Leave Me Now ❯ Alcohol and Ice Cream ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I've received several emails requesting the continuation of this story. Otherwise, I may have waited longer, as my typical rule is to wait for five reviews. As I did not get that, you were made to wait, but here it is anyway...

*****

Don't Leave Me Now

Part 2

*****

Faye smiled, moaning ecstatically as she closed her eyes, letting the spoonful of ice cream melt in her mouth before she swallowed it down and scooped more out of the half gallon container. "This is so good." she sighed happily, tilting her head back and giggling. "All that work is worth it now. That man...he was so disgusting, I didn't think I'd ever get his stink out of my ship or my clothes, but even if I didn't, this makes it all worth while." Faye spoke to no one in particular.

"Gimme some of that." Spike finally moved over to the couch, sitting next to her and eyeing her ice cream greedily.

"Get some of your own." Faye refused, her brow furrowing in irritation as she blocked his eyes from her precious frozen treat. "I earned this, and you didn't help, so you don't get any of it."

"Faye! Don't be selfish." he pouted, crossing his arms angrily. "You'll get fat if you eat all that."

"Like you'd notice. You think I'm so vain that I won't indulge when I've earned it?" Faye laughed at him before licking the melted ice cream off the bottom of her spoon.

"What kind is it, anyway?" Spike asked, trying to peek over her protectively hunched shoulders at the dessert.

"Triple chocolate chunk." Faye waved the heaping spoon in front of him teasingly, snatching it away as he tried to eat it only to devour it herself. "Only thing better than chocolate is double chocolate." she began.

"And the only thing better than that is triple chocolate, huh?" Spike guessed easily.

"You got it!" Faye agreed, eating her ice cream happily. "I got ten cases of it. That's what happens when you go shopping on an empty stomach."

"So...can I have some?" Spike attempted again, trying to look friendly and endearing.

"Yeah right! You're not getting any of this." Faye told him, scooping up a delicate bite. "I hid the rest somewhere you'd never ever think to look."

"Come on, Faye! We're all shipmates here! You wouldn't just let me starve, would you?" Spike pleaded.

"Hmm..." Faye appeared thoughtful. "Yeah, yeah I would."

"Bitch!" Spike stomped back to the window, glancing back at her ice cream hopefully.

"You're never getting any with that attitude." Faye was enjoying this thoroughly. True, she had lost most of her winnings gambling, but who knew she could exert such control with such a thing as triple chocolate chunk ice cream.

"Run! The pumpkin mice are coming! Run, Ein!" Ed came barreling through the room, but she skidded to a halt when she caught the scent of Faye's ice cream.

"Ice cream! Chocolatey delicious creamy gooey ice cream!" Ed bounced over to Faye, who smiled at the girl, in an exceedingly good mood at the moment. "Faye...can Ed have some too?"

"Sure." Faye handed her the carton. "I couldn't eat another bite, really. You and Ein can share it."

"Yay! Ice cream, Ein!" Ed squeezed Faye in a quick hug as she took the carton and ran. "Thanky thanky Faye Faye!"

"What was that?" Spike jutted out his lip angrily. "You weren't sharing before, but now you are?"

"I like Ed." Faye shrugged. "She's a good kid."

"And what, you hate me?" Spike asked, looking extremely put out.

"What's there to like?" Faye shot back. "You're a stupid, unappreciative smart ass who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself! Plus, it's obvious that you hate me too, so excuse me if I'm not exactly the president of your fan club."

"Who said I hate you?" Spike wanted to know. "I have plenty of reason to, but I let you get away with all kinds of shit and you still get to stay on my ship."

"This isn't your ship! It's Jet's!" Faye stuck her tongue out at him. "I wish he'd kick you out."

"Yeah, he'd kick you out first." Spike shot back. "You're totally useless."

"Am not! When's the last time you count a bounty by yourself, big man?" Faye reminded him of her recent independent mission.

"That doesn't prove shit! Anyways, you were half dead when you got back. If you're so good, why'd you need me to lug your ugly ass back here and fix you up! And did you ever really thank me?" Faye slapped him across the face, her eyes angry green flames.

"Don't call me ugly, you sorry ass loser!" Faye shouted. "And you did a piss poor job of sewing up my side!"

"Then maybe I should've just let you bleed to death!" Spike shouted back.

"You would, you bastard!" Faye stomped to her room, slamming the door.

"Stupid woman!" Spike called after her, but she was ignoring him by now.

----------

"Dammit! What's your problem!" Faye growled as she flicked on the lights of the laundry room to find Spike playing with an unopened carton of her ice cream. "That's mine, and you know it." She had planned on a secretive midnight snack, but she hadn't expected him to be here.

"Don't get all crazy, Faye." Spike told her defensively. "See, I didn't eat any. I wanted to make you an offer."

"How'd you find it, anyway? I figured you never did laundry." Faye wanted to know, still angry that he'd outsmarted her.

"Well, maybe you'd know better if you gave a damn." Spike teased her. "So, you wanna hear my offer?"

"I'm not giving you my ice cream." Faye crossed her arms stubbornly.

"I'm proposing that we share." Spike told her, moving to the basin sink and reaching behind it to pull out a bottle of liquor. "I just remembered I had this, and when I came to have a few sips, I found your little stash. What I'm saying is that I should let you have some of this, and in return, I can have some of your super chocolate ice cream."

"Triple chocolate." Faye corrected him automatically, eyeing the bottle carefully. She could go for a drink or two, now that she thought about it. "Deal."

"Great!" Spike smiled at her, and Faye suspected that he'd already had something to drink. Maybe he'd pass out and forget all about this, and then she could keep the ice cream and the alcohol. Smiling back, she sat next to him on the floor as he opened the bottle and she opened the carton.

"I only brought one spoon." Faye realized. "Should I go back?"

"Do you really wanna walk all the way back there for a spoon?" Spike laughed at her suggestion. "Don't worry about it. I don't mind if you don't."

"Okay then." Faye took a spoonful into her mouth, savoring a few bites before reaching over for the bottle. "Pass it here."

"There ya go." Spike traded her for the ice cream, and they sat companionably gorging themselves on ice cream and liquor.

----------

"Damn, you ate too much." Spike commented, his words slurring together as he stood behind Faye, holding her up as she emptied her stomach into the sink.

"You ate more than me." Faye answered, wiping her mouth on a shirt that he handed her. "I drank too much, tha's the problem."

"Yeah, you're so wasted." Spike laughed so hard he fell over, leaving Faye to stand on her own unsteady feet.

"Like you're much better." Faye stuck out her tongue, scrunching her nose at the disgusting flavor in her mouth. Turning on the water, she drank deeply. When she'd finished, she wiped her mouth again, looking at the shirt blearily. "Whose shirt's this anywho?" she asked, receiving no response. "Ey, Spike, you asleep?" she asked, bending over precariously to check on her now unmoving drinking partner. "Passed out, I guess." she smiled, just before his eyes opened and he kicked her legs out from under her. "Oh!" she yelped, falling in a graceless heap amid Spike's highly amused laughter.

"You fell for that one." Spike continued to laugh as she sat up, glaring at him as best she could in her inebriated state.

"You asshole." she finally declared, before laughing herself. "I hate you." she managed, still shaking with mirth at the situation. She fell into him clumsily and he barely caught himself from falling beneath her.

"You're so drunk." he told her, not bothering to remove his arms from where they'd caught her around the waist.

"I am not." Faye hiccupped slightly. "You are."

"Must be." he confirmed, "I'd have to be drunk to try anything with you."

"You didn't try anything." she told him.

"Really?" Spike thought about this, then nodded, kissing her firmly on the lips. "Now I did." he told her.

"Kiss me 'gain." she blinked at him slowly.

"No way, you're drunk." he shook his head.

"Don't gimme that bullshit." Faye pouted. "Ya know how long it's been since I got any action?"

"Okay then." Spike smiled dopily, kissing her again and again, both of them sinking to the floor as they pulled at each others clothing in a desperate attempt to get closer. It wasn't long before they achieved their aim, drunk or not.

*****

The End (Of Part 2, That Is)