Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Innocence ❯ The Real Folks Blues ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heart of Innocence -

Prelude: The Real Folks Blues

Tears began to fall from my eyes as I found myself crying for the first time in such a long time. I tried to hold back my tears but it refuse to comply. I couldn't believe that I was showing this side to Spike, but for some reason, I didn't care. I struggled trying to keep my gun steady, but my hands where shaking and I couldn't control it. For some reason, my heart ached, like if it was being pierced by hundreds of sharp knives. Deep within my consciousness, I felt…no…I knew Spike wasn't going to come back. I knew as well as he did that he was going to throw his life away. He was going to keep on fighting for that stupid dream he refused to wake up from. He was going to do exactly what Vicious wanted him to do and he was going to end up dead because of it. I couldn't bring myself to let him go. Not now. Not ever.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I kept trying to keep my gun straight. He didn't say a word but instead and continued looking straight ahead, "Why are you going?"

I lowered my gun and decided to talk to him calmly, without the need of using my gun. I really didn't wanted to hurt him but if that was what was necessary to keep him here with us, I was willing to do it.

"You told me once…that the past didn't matter…but you are the one who's tied to your past!"

He finally turned to face me, then. His eyes were different from what I have ever seen. It was like a whole different Spike. Not the cool, layback and carefree person who didn't give a heck what happened in the world but someone who's soul reflected hatred, vengeance, pain, suffering and this great coldness and loneliness that I have never, ever felt in him before.

"Look at this eyes," he snapped "One of them is a fake, because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I have been seeing the past with one eye, and the future with the other. I had believed that what I saw was not all of reality."

He came closer to me then as my eyes became wide open in fear. I have never felt intimidated or scared of Spike before in my life. It's like if he was a whole new different person. Like if someone was impersonating him or perhaps possessing him.

"Don't tell me things like that. You never told me anything about yourself! Don't tell me stuff like that now!" I yelled. Why was he doing this? What has happened to Spike to be acting this way?

"I thought I was watching a dream that I would never awaken from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over."

What did he meant? Was he trying to intimidate me even more? After a moment of silence he turned to walk away as I made my last attempt to stop him, "My…memory came back. But nothing came out of it. There was no place for me to return to. This was the only place I could go back to! But now…" He stop for a while to listen to what I had to say, "Where are you going? Why do you have to go? Are you telling me you are just going to throw your life away!?"

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I'm really am alive."

I pointed my gun at him, closed my eyes and stared shooting all over the place but he never stopped. As I saw him getting further and further away from me I lay my back in the cold walls of the Bebop and began to cry. Tears of disillusion, tears of grieve and tears…of hate…

"Wherever you are Vicious, if something were to happen to Spike, I swear to the heavens I will kill you. Do you hear me Vicious? I'LL KILL YOU!!!!"

Days became weeks as weeks became month and Spike never returned to us. After a month of waiting I gave up all hopes of him ever returning. I felt my heart sink to the bottom of the deepest ocean. And now as I place this red rose on your empty tomb, I will remember my promise to you forever. I will kill Vicious for what he has done. I will make him pay with my own hands your death. And then, only then, I know you and I will rest in peace…

An: I know this story sucked and was kind of short, but like I said this is the prelude to the story that is going to be like a continuation to CB. And if you are asking yourselves "wow…how can this be a Spike/Faye fiction if Spike is dead?", well reread the last paragraph. And if you still don't get it, then send me an email to Fly@Balamb-Epitaph.net and I'll explain. Don't worry; with just a little bit of concentration you'll get it ^-^. Please review J Oh, and I don't own any of these characters, so please don't sue.