Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ In The Middle of The Night ❯ Just a little sluggish ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaim: I know I forgot to put this in the first chapter, but I remembered this time! I don't own Cowboy Bebop, if I did Julia would have died faster and Spike would have lived happily ever after with Faye. *Sighs* but I don't own Cowboy Bebop so it wont go my way (But that's why there's fanfiction ^^).

In the Middle of the Night

by: Setryochi


* * *

"Spike, get up! You're so LAZY!!!"

I woke up tired and groggy to Faye's ranting. I didn't pay much attention to her as I sat up and moved to the side of the bed throwing my legs down heavily. I listened to her walk out of my room leaving me in silence again. My head pounded in a dizzy rage. Looking at my clock I grimaced, it was only going on 9:30... I had only had two and a half hours of sleep. 'Jet had better have something to eat or there will be hell to pay' I thought feeling like I had been hit by two buses and a pick-up truck.

I walked, no I limped down the corridor of the ship to the sitting room. Looking around I found Ed madly typing with both her hands and feet at her Tomato, Ein close by. I blinked for a second or two still trying to wake up. Walking in the kitchen I came across Faye. She was sitting at the table with a piece of toast and a magazine. How typical? I watched her for a moment, she didn't seem to notice me. She never noticed anyone watch- My thoughts paused as memories from the night before flooded into my brain. I froze, but why? I shook my head of the thoughts, I could hear a far away voice. Looking back into reality I stepped back abruntly. "Ack!" I yelled. Faye was standing in front of me, close, very close. "Are you ok?" she asked amusement playing on her features. "Just tired, not that you care," I walked around her to the fridge to get something to eat. She didn't say anything to me, I was kind of glad. I was afraid I might blurt out a question. I grabbed an apple and poured some O.J. into a glass. I sat down across from her at the table. She didn't look up, she just kept her head buried in the magazine. I smiled to myself, 'maybe I struck a nerve. This could be fun.'

Finishing my breakfast I ventured back to my room. I looked around for some clean clothes but accomplished nothing. "I guess I should do laundry more often," I sighed to myself. I found in my drawers a white wife beater and a pair of jeans. Not my usually style, but Jet would be happy to see I'm actually wearing the pants he got for me for Christmas. I made my way to the bathroom and knocked on the door. It was locked and the "occupied" sign was light up. "Go away, I'm busy!" I heard the feminine voice scream from the other side. "How long you gunna be in there?" I asked. "Go away! I'll be out when I'm out!" Faye yelled once again. "C'mon Faye! I need to brush my teeth!" I swear, she does this to me on purpose. I heard some clatter, a few grunts, and the door unlock. She opened the door carrying a cluster of make up in her hands. She looked me over, as I did her. She broke into laughter. She must have noticed my confused glance because she started to explain between giggles. "You- you look so- so funny!" she breathed, "I thought all you had was that wrinkled old thing you call a suit!" I glared at her, "What about the underwear you call clothes?" She gritted her teeth, it was cute, she was so easily angered. "At least *I* look good in what I wear!" she retorted.
'Uoou, low blow,' my brain whooed. I just rolled my eyes pushing past her, "If you look so good then why do you wear all that make-up?" I shut the door and locked it before she could answer. I listened as she stomped down the hall, I obviously hit another nerve. And I could tell because her steps were heavy when usually they were less than audible. I smirked to myself as I started preparing my tooth brush.

I strolled out of the bathroom feeling refreshed.

"Spike-persooon!" Ed sang as she jumped on me.

"Ah-uh!"

"Bring me back a souvenir!" she looked up at me with pleading, naive eyes.

"Huh?" I looked around to see Jet walk in.

"Faye already left," he handed me a paper as he spoke, "It's a small bounty but we need the money." he explained.
"We always need the money," I grumbled.
I looked up and found Jet staring at me strangely. "What?" I asked. He smiled, "You didn't do your laundry did you?" he chuckled and walked away. I just sighed and walked to the hangar. Reading over the paper I found the bounty was on Mars, good ol' Mars. I grumbled more and headed off in the SwordfishII. I found Faye with the SwordfishII's navigational system. I made it to Mars with no problems, that was good at least. I landed in a small abandoned lot. I looked over the paper again and looked at the bounties status. He was 35, brown hair, red eyes, 6'4, and built. He was a sexual offender. But that was the least of his charges. He'd killed three people and robbed two banks. He was still out there and would add more to these charges. His worth was 500,000 whoolongs (Sorry if that's too high or to low, but I can't figure out how they do their currency). I sighed, 'now to find them.'

I walked along the main street in the city. Where everyone had been, was, and would be. I asked around trying to find someone who had seen him. The bar tender at the Wild Horse Saloon said he'd seen him. He also told me he looked very uneasy and paranoid. I had to laugh at that. The bar tender couldn't give me much, just that a woman with purple hair watched him a lot and had also asked questions. 'Faye's following him, good. Now when I hear some sort of big explosion I'll know where to go.' I thought with a smirk. She always caused a scene or made things harder than they seemed. I had to give her credit though, she tried, and she didn't give up easy either. I left with that information and walked along the crowded street.

BANG!

I looked around as I heard gun fire. People on the street heard it also, it became hard for me to move as everyone ran in the opposite direction that I was going. As soon as the crowds eased up I heard another shot. There Faye was with her gun, and the criminal on the ground. I smirked, she shot his legs. I walked up casually, "So what happened?" I asked her still watching the bounty lying on the ground. She was breathing heavily, "He met me... is what happened." I took note of her red over shirt, it wasn't loosely hanging from her arms and waist, it was on her shoulders and tied shut. She placed her gun in the back of her shiny, yellow shorts. I watched as she walked over to the poor man on the ground. I had followed.

She leaned down to put the handcuffs on his wrists. She was letting it all get to her head that she took him down by herself. She stupidly reached down with even checking to see if he still had his gun or any other weapons. He grasped her arms and pulled her down with him, he had purposely faked unconsciousness. Putting his knife to her throat he sat up as best he could. I sighed. He looked at me, "Get me something to walk with," his expression was pained but he still kept his grough tone. Faye squirmed, she was looking at me, waiting for me to do something. He held the knife to her pale skin waiting for me to give into his request. He looked so silly. Faye was holding onto his arm trying to keep the knife from piercing her skin. Violently Faye kicked her legs and without planning to hit his bloodied shin. The man screamed out in pain his arm going into the air, I took the chance and pulled out my gun. With one clean shot I blasted the knife out of his reach. Faye also took advantage and moved out of his grasp. Running up I swiftly kicked him in the jaw rendering him unconscious, for real this time. Leaning over I started to place the cuffs on his hands. "Hey! He's my bounty!" Faye jumped over knocking me out of the way. I glared at her, "Oh shove it!" I said, "You were reckless as always, you would have just been killed if it weren't for me!"
"Fine, I'll split the money with you," she didn't argue back like always. I wonder why.

After taking him in to the station we collected the money and went back to the bebop. Landing we both got out of each of our ships. She was walking casually this time, her right shoulder slanted down slightly. She was trying to hide whatever was bothering her. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I followed him and shot him, have a problem with that?" she said. "What happened?" I repeated. "I just told you!" she yelled, "Are you deaf!?" She was annoyed with me, something so familiar. She was in pain though. I decided to just leave it at that. If she wanted to tell me she tell me. Well... maybe not, she doesn't tell me anything. She was probably just scratched by the knife or something when he pulled away. I guess I'll find out through Jet or something. As soon as she was inside she went straight to her room.

"Where's the money?" Jet asked as I walked in. I shrugged. "I need to get some bills paid Spike, if not we drift through space on a broken ship." I sighed giving him what he needed and only keeping enough for a few drinks and a carton of cigarettes. I thrust my hands into my pockets and went to my room.
But while passing Faye's door I stopped. "See you tonight," I said quietly and headed for my room again.