Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Lust in Secret ❯ Part II: Waking Up to Sleep ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

a/n: Okay, this part is considerably shorter than the first, mostly because I wrote it for myself. I just felt that this story needed a more playful, fluffy ending. Don't ask me why. There is a lemon but it's fairly quick and barely registers as much more than a lime. Still, don't let anyone tell you that erotica can't have some semblance of meaning and plot.

Part II: Waking Up to Sleep


Morning in space wasn't actually morning. Since there was no day or night, such things were relative. Usually morning just happened to be whenever one woke up after a long interval of sleeping.

Miraculously, Faye and Spike had eventually gotten to sleep, but only after a rather lengthy session of fooling around. They lay together after waking, smoking their morning cigarettes and worrying over the fact that neither one felt very uncomfortable about their arrangement.

Spike tried to listen for anyone else moving about The Bebop. He wasn't all that concerned, though. The ship was big enough so that they could probably sneak around without any trouble.

Faye stretched lazily and sighed in the middle of a lusty yawn, “God, I need a shower.” She favoured him with a flirty smirk, “You got me all dirty, Spike.”

He frowned despite her jovial manner, “no way. The shower's mine. I'm not dealing with you using up all the cold water.”

Faye pouted, “C'mon, all you need to do is wait an hour.”

Spike snorted, “I don't exactly feel like sitting around smelling like whorehouse.”

Her eyes widened, “What's that supposed to mean?”

He sighed softly, “It means I smell like sex, Faye. Figure it out.”

She blushed, “oh.” A strange expression crossed her face after a moment, changing from a stormy scowl to a mischievous grin. “Hey…who says we have to take showers separately?”

Spike raised his eyebrows, “Think we can pull it off?”

“Sure. Why not? It'll be a challenge.”

He chuckled softly, amused that Faye knew just what to say to get him involved. “Alright,” he sighed ruefully, noticing the eager twitch of his cock at the thought of a wet, naked Faye, “Let's do it.”

~*~*~*~*~

The halls were quiet as they made their way to the small closet of a shower room. It seemed that no one was awake, which was just fine with Faye. She wasn't ready to answer questions about why she and Spike were holding hands and reeking of sweat and sex. Mind you, they weren't hand-holding for affection, more like Spike was eagerly tugging her along the hall towards their destination. Faye could feel his pulse racing against her palm and found herself growing aroused in counterpoint to his excitement.

It didn't occur to her that they acted more like long-time lovers than two hopelessly lonely creatures that reached into the dark, feeding lust with fevered flesh and fighting any emotions that came to surface. Faye was too busy staring at Spike's ass to contemplate those kinds of complications.

The tiny room should have been claustrophobic for two people, but Faye was being thoroughly distracted and wasn't afraid of small spaces anyway. Spike had pinned her against the back of the closed door the instant it shut tight against the outside world. His lips curled into a wolfish grin, he dizzied and intoxicated her with deep, wet kisses. He tasted like tobacco and honey, like tears in the rain.

“I thought we were showering together,” Faye breathed as his mouth left a moist trail of open-mouthed kisses down the side of her neck. Spike growled softly, nipped at her skin playfully before pulling away. His eyes glittered with the dark hunger that had caused her to fall into bed with him in the first place.

With a low cry, Faye launched herself at him. She heard his husky chuckle before he caught her round the waist in his arms. Spike's strength always surprised her and in an instant she was pinned against the shower's side wall. He toed the glass screen shut and turned on the water, effortlessly adjusting its temperature with one hand. Faye gasped at the water sprayed over their tangled bodies and soaked through their meager clothing.

Spike's mouth claimed hers in a deep, voluptuous kiss that left her fighting for words and struggling to catch her breath. They wrestled under the warm water to get each others clothes off. Sodden tank tops, boxers, and panties were discarded out the shower door the moment they were divested.

Her arms and legs were wrapped around him in a tangled embrace. His erection pressed full and firm against her lower belly. Faye threw her back her head as he licked droplets of water off her neck. She really should have been teasing him back, reminding him that they needed to get clean while the water still held heat. The moment his tongue circled around one of her nipples, she forgot exactly why she'd cared in the first place. Her body ached for him and she would not be denied.

Spike's thoughts, evidently, were not so far behind. As he kissed her again, lips bruising and tongue invasive, he pressed himself inside of her with a quick adjustment of his hips. He was almost savage, a man overcome by passion and lust. As his hips pistoned and pressed her against the hard well, he ravaged her mouth.

Faye drowned under the water's spray and was intoxicated by Spike's hot, smooth flesh. Ecstasy came surprisingly quick and in a skin-tingling rush. She bit his lips as he kissed her, tasted blood and licked at his mouth, which was raw and swollen from kissing.

Reality flowed over them as surely as the water that rained over their bodies. Faye laughed softly, nuzzled his neck, “That was intense.”

“Yeah,” Spike panted in agreement against her damp flesh.

Faye tilted her head back and favoured him with a sly expression; he looked tousled and sex-drugged. For a long time, he stayed inside of her, showing her rare affection. She treasured it but didn't think to analyze why.

With a reluctant sigh, Spike released her. He pushed his wet, slightly sweaty bangs out of his eyes. Spike took Faye's shampoo off the small shelf and bid her to turn around. She blushed faintly but was glad he missed the slight colouration in her cheeks. Strong fingers messaged the shampoo through her indigo hair and Faye relaxed into his touch.

Very soon they would return to their usual interactions. Faye was disturbed that she was vaguely disappointed by this. She forced herself not to think about the future, to focus on the present. Presently, she was his lover; she knew the secrets of his intimacy. No one else needed to understand.

~*~*~*~*~


Jet was surprised to find that the only one up and about was Ed. The young hacker was in front of the computer, glued to the screen like it was a lifeline. Jet glanced over her shoulder and frowned.

“Goddammit,” he growled as he threw himself onto the couch, “I thought we agreed that you wouldn't hack into ISSP file unless it was absolutely necessary.”

Ed grinned sheepishly as she closed up the file windows and backed out of the system. “Sor—ry,” she sang, “Ed was just bored. No one to keep Ed company!”

He gave her a startled look, “hn? I know Faye's up, she's in the shower. Spike's not up?”

Ed shrugged, “dunno. Spike-person not in bed when Ed and Ein woke up.”

Jet chuckled softly. Ein had learned how to open the cabin doors not too long ago. The little corgie had taken to the habit of paying Spike a visit soon after waking up. “Maybe he went off and did his own thing. There's no rule that dictates that he has to hang around here all the time.”

“Faye-Faye's been in the shower for awhile,” Ed murmured as she logged into a chat room.

He cursed softly, “figures.” Jet hated cold showers worse than anything else. He'd give her a few more minutes before he got seriously cranky.

Despite himself, Jet was a bit worried about Spike. It seemed whenever he pulled one of his disappearing acts, he was either getting in trouble or shit-faced drunk. Spike had seemed okay the last time they spoke, so Jet feared the worst.

Restless, he paced to the shower room, deciding that Faye was clean enough. Jet banged on the metal door with his prosthetic hand and shouted, “C'mon Faye, other people need to bathe too!” For once, he was feeling something similar to Spike's perpetual irritation with the free-loading little con artist.

He was surprised when he heard the shower stop and was even more amazed when a few minutes later Spike emerged, freshly shower, waist wrapped in a towel. Jet blinked, “hey. Ed said you were gone.”

“Nope,” he drawled, “just woke up.”

Jet sensed something was amiss, “but…She also said Faye was in the shower.” He searched the younger man's face for duplicity out of old cop habit, but Spike was as placid and calm as ever.

He just shrugged as he walked passed Jet. “I got in not long after she was done. For once she left some hot water. Can't guarantee there'll be much left, though.”

Jet sighed, “ah, it's no big deal.”

He resigned himself to yet another frigid shower and closed the door behind him. His mind briefly returned to the notion that something weird was going on but quickly dismissed it. He wondered if he'd ever stop thing like a cop.

As he unbuttoned his shirt something out of place caught his eye. A pile of wet clothing was right near the shower door, spread haphazardly as if they had been thrown carelessly. Jet bent and gathered up a white garment that turned out to be a pair of Spike's boxer shorts. He sighed wearily as he picked up an undershirt next. Spike could be such a slob sometimes.

As he hung the wet clothes up on one of the towel racks it occurred to his sleep-fogged mind that there were still clothes on the floor.

“What the hell?” Jet groused as he picked up a pair of tiny panties and a white tank top—
Faye's clothing. Jet was very perplexed. She never left her clothes lying around, not since Spike threatened to hock anything of hers that he found away from her room.

A slow grin spread across Jet's lips as he put two and two together. He chuckled and shook his head, amazed at his lack of perception. “I
thought those two were getting along too well lately,” Jet mused to himself.

Whatever was going on, Faye and Spike evidently wanted to keep it a secret. That was fine with Jet, he wasn't the prying type. He did hope that it didn't change things too much. Secret affairs tended to end badly.

“Well Spike-o,” Jet murmured as he hung up Faye's clothing next to Spike's, “I hope you know what you're doing.”


Finis.